Trey Mcbride so far

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Here is the video of the thought process behind the McBride draft pick. It starts at the 7:58 mark.

Keim is super stoked because he thinks McBride could be the next Austin Hooper, whom he thinks just got franchised. He is immediately corrected by someone else saying the Hooper didn't get franchised, but he just got paid. In actuality, Hooper was released in the offseason by the Falcons and signed a 1 year deal with the Titans. Kliff is also very excited about the pick.

Our whole draft room is pretty much clueless. We need a lot of new blood in there, not just promotions from within.
Omg this is too rich. Our front office is such an absolute joke.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I gotta be honest. Kliff gave a "Im gonna sound positive, but I hope we draft someone else" vibe when re-watching it.

That doesnt mean he wont be good. Just get the feeling Kliff probably wanted to address elsewhere.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I gotta be honest. Kliff gave a "Im gonna sound positive, but I hope we draft someone else" vibe when re-watching it.

That doesnt mean he wont be good. Just get the feeling Kliff probably wanted to address elsewhere.
If true, it would be another proof why the organization is so disfunctional.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Here is the video of the thought process behind the McBride draft pick. It starts at the 7:58 mark.

Keim is super stoked because he thinks McBride could be the next Austin Hooper, whom he thinks just got franchised. He is immediately corrected by someone else saying the Hooper didn't get franchised, but he just got paid. In actuality, Hooper was released in the offseason by the Falcons and signed a 1 year deal with the Titans. Kliff is also very excited about the pick.

Our whole draft room is pretty much clueless. We need a lot of new blood in there, not just promotions from within.
Dear freaking god, that is shambolic!

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Steve Keim is such a dunce in every way. Just listening to him talk, regardless of what he’s talking about. Stupid guy.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

A lot of bad haircuts at that table.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It’s odd because before Ertz was injured a second TE would have been a seldom used blocker in this offense. It’s really hard to rate McBride. Murray seems to need to work with a receiver a long time before he trusts them, so I don‘t expect much Sunday. McBride has talent as a receiver. As a blocker he’s more about effort at this stage. Unless Ertz can’t return at 100% next year or there’s a coaching change, McBride seems excess baggage.
I'm calling it right now, I think he will have 2 catches Sunday lol.

Stout

Reaction score
He had a career high of 4 catches last week. You never know, he could blow our socks off with 5 this weekend.
And he actually got the over on the yards, too, right? That's something lol

I kid. He did okay last game, finally. I think he's finally exceeded his penalty yardage, although maybe not. Just a really dumb pick.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I kid. He did okay last game, finally. I think he's finally exceeded his penalty yardage, although maybe not. Just a really dumb pick.
Over/under was 21 yards

He caught 4 passes for 14 yards

Stout

Reaction score

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
You guys are being too hard on McBride. TE is a super tough position to have an impact as a rookie. It's way too early to judge if he was a good pick or not. He was their top rated player at the position in round 2. I don't have a problem with the pick.

I wanted Freiermuth the year before and he went at 55. He looks pretty good but he was able to get on the field right away and didn't have a guy like Ertz in front of him.

Stout

Reaction score
You guys are being too hard on McBride. TE is a super tough position to have an impact as a rookie. It's way too early to judge if he was a good pick or not. He was their top rated player at the position in round 2. I don't have a problem with the pick.

I wanted Freiermuth the year before and he went at 55. He looks pretty good but he was able to get on the field right away and didn't have a guy like Ertz in front of him.
I'm not giving up on him, but talent aside, it was a terrible, stupid pick. That pick normally must be a player that contributes from day 1, even more so on our pathetic full-of-holes roster. The fact we had Ertz in front of him makes it even more egregious. Keim being dumb at drafting isn't limited to just whiffing on players; it also includes lack of roster awareness.

McBride still has plenty of time to come good. It simply won't be this season. Which, as a 2nd round pick, is really bad for Keim and the team.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I'm not giving up on him, but talent aside, it was a terrible, stupid pick. That pick normally must be a player that contributes from day 1, even more so on our pathetic full-of-holes roster. The fact we had Ertz in front of him makes it even more egregious. Keim being dumb at drafting isn't limited to just whiffing on players; it also includes lack of roster awareness.

McBride still has plenty of time to come good. It simply won't be this season. Which, as a 2nd round pick, is really bad for Keim and the team.
Most 2nd round picks don't contribute from day 1. Most are backups and STer's their first year. Ertz got hurt, and Williams was already hurt, so having a young guy to step in is ideal. We'll see how he produces. It wasn't an Isabella pick where there were clearly better players available at that position when selected.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

You bet on that Stout, yes?

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score

Jfc…Kliff, Keim, and Bidwill three of the biggest clowns on the planet. The fact that they haven’t scrubbed this also speaks to their sheer stupidity.

And Jabba Keim has really let himself go both in his cringe arrogant personality and in waistline.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score

I didn’t mean to imply McBride wasn’t talented. He’s a solid receiver. I was merely saying after the Cards signed Ertz to a long term deal and looking at an offense that only occasionally throws to the tight end, spending a second round pick on a tight end seems inappropriate.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Most 2nd round picks don't contribute from day 1. Most are backups and STer's their first year. Ertz got hurt, and Williams was already hurt, so having a young guy to step in is ideal. We'll see how he produces. It wasn't an Isabella pick where there were clearly better players available at that position when selected.
McBride might not be Isabella bad as a player, but there were handful of better players on the board when he was picked, Drake Jackson, Travis Jones, to name a few.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
5 of the Cards last 6 second round picks (Rondale, Murphy, Kirk, Budda and Golden) were on the field a lot as rookies. Isabella was an outlier as far as production from second rounders goes, and McBride would be lucky to catch up to Isabella's rookie yardage total at this rate. McBride wasn't even active for the first couple games of the season, which can't even be said about Isabella.

There is still plenty of time for McBride to turn it around, obviously, but it's tough to spin 8 catches for 45 yards in the first 10 games of the season as anything other than disappointing for a second round pick who hasn't been out with injuries. Those aren't even Rob Housler level numbers.