Adrian Wilson GM and Demeco Ryans Head Coach make a lot of sense.

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Even with the 5 year extensions, I think the gauntlet is going to come down on Keim and Kingsbury. Michael may have placed some language in their contracts that allows him to fire both without having to pay in full. Even if he has to pay a hefty amount, I think the damage done justifies eating the money.

Replacing Keim with Adrian Wilson may seem redundant , but I just don’t see Michael going outside the organization for a GM. Wilson has done everything possible to justify this opportunity. He is a legendary player, loyal to the organization as a player, scout, front office employee. He also will come on the cheap being a first time GM. I think he also could help to mend the bad blood from former players. He also could be a big asset in wooing potential free agents given his status as a player.

Demeco Ryans would be a smart hire for a number of reasons.
1. Comes from a rival organization.
2. Could bring staff from 49ers.
3. Comes from an organization that places huge value on developing the offensive and defensive lines.
4. Coached under Kyle Shanahan and Robert Salah.
5. Respected former player who brings character, toughness.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Even with the 5 year extensions, I think the gauntlet is going to come down on Keim and Kingsbury. Michael may have placed some language in their contracts that allows him to fire both without having to pay in full. Even if he has to pay a hefty amount, I think the damage done justifies eating the money.

Replacing Keim with Adrian Wilson may seem redundant , but I just don’t see Michael going outside the organization for a GM. Wilson has done everything possible to justify this opportunity. He is a legendary player, loyal to the organization as a player, scout, front office employee. He also will come on the cheap being a first time GM. I think he also could help to mend the bad blood from former players. He also could be a big asset in wooing potential free agents given his status as a player.

3. Comes from an organization that places huge value on developing the offensive and defensive lines.
I think Ryans will be a better coach than Saleh.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

As I said in another thread, Ryan has 5-6 players in his front 7 better than all but 1 of ours. We would need to add AT LEAST 4 quality starters to our front 7 for him to make an impact on this team.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

I mean… couldn’t possibly be any worse than what we’ve been subjected to the past 4 years!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
No, no, a thousand times no to Adrian Wilson. Might as well just keep Steve effing Keim in the position. More of the same rot from a rotten organization. You don't cut down the tree yet plant a sprig cut from the same rotten tree to grow your organization. It makes zero sense.
Ain’t no way I could ever refer to A-Dub as “rot!”

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
No, no, a thousand times no to Adrian Wilson.
i get the sentiment. I also think one of the issues with the FO is that they are too insular. That works with orgs that have demonstrated long term success like Pittsburgh, but if you have an org that isnt working -- external perspective is important.

that being said:

if the choice is New Guy from Outside vs. Keim, my bet is Mike B sticks with Keim. Just reality

if the choice is Wilson vs Keim -- going with Wilson is a choice Mike B makes.

With that framing: im good with Wilson in the sense of he is his own guy, will bring a persona to the org and will be no nonsense. As to his ability to pick good football players -- who knows.

OP
OP
Lomax to Green 84

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No, no, a thousand times no to Adrian Wilson. Might as well just keep Steve effing Keim in the position. More of the same rot from a rotten organization. You don't cut down the tree yet plant a sprig cut from the same rotten tree to grow your organization. It makes zero sense.
I am not saying Wilson is the best choice, more so I think he is the logical choice knowing the Bidwill’s history. I just want Keim gone no matter what. Keim getting fired brings new hope no matter who is the replacement, even an internal hire like Wilson. Just my opinion.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Couple of things to keep in mind, if/when GM and Coach are fired:

Wilson and Ryans make sense from an optics POV, not just a coaching and GM POV. No matter the Bidwill's record and history with minorities in the organization, Wilson and Ryans boost that image further and just help cement their defense in the current lawsuit. Even without the lawsuit I can pretty much guarantee Mike B is very concerned with image right now, given events of the last 12 months.

Wilson being in house could easily turn out to the the Cardinals version of James Jones. Many Suns fans were very leary of the Jones hire to replace McDonough, for the similar reasons we are leary of Wilson.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed but I think the issue is how many of the players Bluto drafts are credited to Wilson and how many aren’t. Not sure anyone outside of the organization knows.

I tend to agree with @Stout on this. What this organization really need is a massive flushing of everything and everyone and a full reboot. Those who stay can only poison the new well.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Botanical nonsense unless the tree is actually dead. ;)

Carry on!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Okay Stout... your choices are AW,..or Oaken1 for new GM...who ya picking?

we all know Mike does not have it in him to go outside the organization for such a big hire...it just aint the Bidwill way.

and your clipping analogy... of course you do,...as long as the sprig you cut is not infected with the rot you are fine.

Im okay with giving AW a shot... not because he was a cardinal, or because he was a badass.... but because we all know AW works his ass off to chase excellence. Since being drafted into the NFL AW has never shown a moments complacency. Instead of sitting on his laurels he pushes to achieve and once you reach GM level super bowl is the only remaining goal.

But, you can pick Oaken1...he works cheap.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Did Sean McDonough lose a power struggle in the front office, @MaoTosiFanClub ? He used to be talked about as a top exec and attractive GM to other teams, but we haven't heard about him in a minute and he's way down the org chart on the Cards website.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
He personally is not, clearly. I think you're smart enough to realize that's not what I meant. What he is is part of a rotten, ****** front office. You don't fire the leader and then simply promote someone raised within this losing, dysfunctional culture. That is a very bad idea, especially when this front office is a long, continual, unbroken line of the same. You simply must break the cycle.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Okay Stout... your choices are AW,..or Oaken1 for new GM...who ya picking?

we all know Mike does not have it in him to go outside the organization for such a big hire...it just aint the Bidwill way.

and your clipping analogy... of course you do,...as long as the sprig you cut is not infected with the rot you are fine.

Im okay with giving AW a shot... not because he was a cardinal, or because he was a badass.... but because we all know AW works his ass off to chase excellence. Since being drafted into the NFL AW has never shown a moments complacency. Instead of sitting on his laurels he pushes to achieve and once you reach GM level super bowl is the only remaining goal.

But, you can pick Oaken1...he works cheap.
Yeah, I'm not accepting the "it can't be one thing so you might as well just accept what it will be." That leads to further suckage. I'll continue to hammer the FO, advocate for firing Keim, and trying to hire a good new GM from outside the organization. It's not like I have to be held accountable for this opinion, or change my opinion if everyone thinks it won't happen. I vote for neither you nor A-dub. I pick neither, clearly. Gimme fresh blood and a new culture, hopefully of winning.

A-dub may be a good man, may even be a decent manager, but he's not who we need. This FO is an unbroken chain for, what, decades? How about we break the chain instead of adding another faulty link?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
A-dub from all accounts is a great guy and was one hell of a Cardinal but I would not want him as our GM. Any guy who cannot control his emotions and is seen running down the field while no longer playing during a win cheering as he goes, does not equate to me as the levelheaded persona who can multitask and get the job done... btw, I am not qualified, and I would have been running down the field too following the touchdown in progress minus the loud suit lol

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This!! Oaken, you hit the nail on the head. I don't attribute the ineptitude of this organization to Keim AND A-Dub. He needs his own opportunity to put his stamp on this team. Sometimes you have to cosign horrible moves for the sake of presenting a unified front. I look at it like a friend who's too scared to tell his drunk homie that he's making an azz of himself at the party.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not accepting the "it can't be one thing so you might as well just accept what it will be." That leads to further suckage. I'll continue to hammer the FO, advocate for firing Keim, and trying to hire a good new GM from outside the organization. It's not like I have to be held accountable for this opinion, or change my opinion if everyone thinks it won't happen. I vote for neither you nor A-dub. I pick neither, clearly. Gimme fresh blood and a new culture, hopefully of winning.

A-dub may be a good man, may even be a decent manager, but he's not who we need. This FO is an unbroken chain for, what, decades? How about we break the chain instead of adding another faulty link?
AKA the Philadelphia Flyers problem. LOL.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
He personally is not, clearly. I think you're smart enough to realize that's not what I meant. What he is is part of a rotten, ****** front office. You don't fire the leader and then simply promote someone raised within this losing, dysfunctional culture. That is a very bad idea, especially when this front office is a long, continual, unbroken line of the same. You simply must break the cycle.
I get it... and you're likely right. I just have always relished the idea of A-Dub as our GM. But by now, he's likely been contaminated with the stink of Mike B and Keim... :(

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not 100% sold on Wilson or Harris. They have been in the organization a long time as well. Who’s to say they won’t be MB new buddy and no can see the forest through the trees scenario continues. Scorched earth may need to happen to really fix this long term

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't fire the leader and then simply promote someone raised within this losing, dysfunctional culture.

I never thought of ADub as a loser or dysfunctional. Although I would enjoy seeing what happened if you said that to his face.

;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose