Niners at Cardinals gameday thread 11-21-22

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
On the taunting call, one thing I really loved about Larry Fitzgerald was that he never taunted, never did any goofy celebratory td dances. It was like Bear Bryant used to say, “Act like you’ve been there before.”
I think it was Vince Lombardi who said that to a player who celebrated after scoring a TD. But, I don't mind a short dance or something but this everyone running to the end zone to mug for the camera and the celebration after making a play, ESPECIALLY when you are LOSING, drives me nuts.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
McCoy has played better than I expected but there's just too many deficiencies on defense; also Conner is an embarrassment. That whole RB room is a wreck and needs a complete rebuild. As does the oline room (both lines tbh). Special teams is also a wreck. These aren't slight issues, they need to be completely rebuilt.

I'm ok with the defense the first TD was set up by the facemask call. The play started at their 29 yard line, if they call the hold and not the faux facemask it's first and 20 from their 19 yard line. Instead it's first and 10 from the 49 yard line. That's a 30 yard swing on that call.

Otherwise the D held up ok save the mistake by Budda on the 2nd TD pass

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
All things considered, they still got a chance.

Just for once can we see some complimentary football though? We need a 3 and out to start the 3rd and then a scoring drive. Put some pressure on SF, don’t let them control the game script from start to finish.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure it’s not Connor but some horrible Oline blocking against a stout 49er run D
The line is not blocking great for sure. But Conner's footspeed trying to get started is painfully slow tonight.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
So the new Avatar movie is the same as the first, just in water? Boy, sprinting to see that one.

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
On the taunting call, one thing I really loved about Larry Fitzgerald was that he never taunted, never did any goofy celebratory td dances. It was like Bear Bryant used to say, “Act like you’ve been there before.”
Yep unnecessary Hop!
And the non face mask 15 free yards for 9ers. Both could have changed the score

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
kliff overthought this one

i think the same short passing game with McCoy that started the Rams game --

just feels like throwing downs away with all the first down runs

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm ok with the defense the first TD was set up by the facemask call. The play started at their 29 yard line, if they call the hold and not the faux facemask it's first and 20 from their 19 yard line. Instead it's first and 10 from the 49 yard line. That's a 30 yard swing on that call.

Otherwise the D held up ok save the mistake by Budda on the 2nd TD pass
Yeah Budda has been out of position on a few plays now. Hope he turns it around in the 2nd half

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Right??? If McCoy was as good as Kyler he would have thrown for 102 yards in the first half…
Hahahaha. I will say this, 47 came off a screen pass, but your point may be valid. We’d have more yards rushing with Kyler, but more yards passing eith McCoy. Either way I think we’d be losing this game no matter who is starting

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
This is one thing that really infuriates me when he and Mr. Glass are both healthy. How can you not figure out how to get both guys on the field and contributing at once?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am sick of Conner getting carries and running in slow motion.