MCU: Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow I would say that the guy playing Namor by himself is worth a watch.

That's a very complicated character that can be hero or villain at any moment and he absolutely nailed it.

I look forward to his next appearance.

That was my main reason for going, but I’m hearing it doesn’t go or end the way I would have liked

And one person who everyone thought was going to be in it ended up not being in it

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You must be reading *only* Stout's posts. My recommendation: Don't. I won't begrudge him his personal feelings, but he hates everything.

Count me as one of the 95%.
lol Misrepresent much? I didn't even hate THIS movie, and consider Black Panther one of the top Marvel movies.

Try again.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
lol Misrepresent much? I didn't even hate THIS movie, and consider Black Panther one of the top Marvel movies.

Try again.

Your problem is you take everything too seriously.

And based on this response, that includes yourself. :rolleyes:

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
Maybe I am getting old, but it felt very long. Was waiting for it to get over! Our local single screen theater just added brand new reclining leather seats and I was having trouble staying awake because they were so comfortable. Fluttering Aquaman and the tribal smurfs didn't do it for me, but I don't know anything about the comics.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It was fantastic. Felt very different from a super hero movie
I thought this had more in common with Winter Soldier than the "normal" Marvel movie. And the all-female main cast was just fantastic.

Still a lot of special effects, but that isn't a surprise considering the entire country of Wakanda is a special effect. They also weren't heavy-handed in the underwater stuff -- the whales as transportation vehicles wasn't in your face... it just... was. This is the essence of suspension of disbelief. Don't need to be hit over the head with it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It was good but didn’t need to be as long as it was. Very much enjoyed the reimagined Namor.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Just got back from seeing it with my daughter and her husband - who is Kenyan.
I thought it was a fantastic movie. Had me captured the entire way. I loved it.
And yea, the final scene was a tear-jerker for sure.
And, I can’t remember the last time was was in a theater and the audience applauded once the show ended! It was that good.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought this was spectacular. Really surprised by how blown away I was. I liked the first Black Panther, but wasn’t blown away by it like others.

T’Challa’s death and impact was handled beautifully. Totally bought Shuri’s arc. Coogler created another Pantheon Marvel villain. The action was great. Loved the music. And didn’t feel long for a moment, which is saying something watching it at home with my ADD/addicted to phone ass.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I thought this was spectacular. Really surprised by how blown away I was. I liked the first Black Panther, but wasn’t blown away by it like others.

T’Challa’s death and impact was handled beautifully. Totally bought Shuri’s arc. Coogler created another Pantheon Marvel villain. The action was great. Loved the music. And didn’t feel long for a moment, which is saying something watching it at home with my ADD/addicted to phone ass.
You...liked this one better than the first one? Wow.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, then we can watch and criticize movies together, and outdo each other in snark with ascending-volume wows :moon:
The all-new Siskel and Ebert !!

Coming soon...

Cheesebeef and Stout: At The Movies (2023) !!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave