Waiting to trade Crowder

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It sounds like the more realistic targets for the Suns are familiar names in Harrison Barnes, Kyle Kuzma and Kenyon Martin Jr.

The Suns may not want to take on the contract of John Collins.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Harrison Barnes please

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd do this trade if Kenyon Martin Jr. is included with Eric Gordon for Jae Crowder.

That is the deal I said yesterday with the exception of a top 3 protected first. I would want more protection than that if we throw that in.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
FWIW Gambo said the Suns like Kuzma and have interest but Washington is interested in making the playoffs.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd do this trade if Kenyon Martin Jr. is included with Eric Gordon for Jae Crowder.

It's interesting that we project to be a 5 game loser in that trade yet we'd be the team sending out a first round pick. I'd prefer we make Jae a 3 year 36M offer and find a better use for our picks. My second choice would be Kyle Kuzma.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is the deal I said yesterday with the exception of a top 3 protected first. I would want more protection than that if we throw that in.

A top 3 protected pick seems reasonable.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's interesting that we project to be a 5 game loser in that trade yet we'd be the team sending out a first round pick. I'd prefer we make Jae a 3 year 36M offer and find a better use for our picks. My second choice would be Kyle Kuzma.

Crowder has burned his bridges. I think the Suns are looking at both the now and the future in this trade.

Eric Gordon is the now and Kenyon Martin is the future although he can play now. In essence, James Jones uses his first round pick on Martin and Monty gets his slasher.

I really like the Suns assortment of playmakers and shooters if they make this trade.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crowder has burned his bridges. I think the Suns are looking at both the now and the future in this trade.

Eric Gordon is the now and Kenyon Martin is the future although he can play now. In essence, James Jones uses his first round pick on Martin and Monty gets his slasher.

I really like the Suns assortment of playmakers and shooters if they make this trade.
Looking at our needs, I just don't see any of them helping as much as a happy Crowder could. I don't know if we can make him happy but from what little has gone public, I'm not sure that all the bridges have been burned. Maybe they have but I've seen far worse player antics through the years that were solved and put behind them.

I can't see us using Martin successfully at the 4 spot, he just doesn't have any of the physical traits you'd look for at that spot (height, wingspan, hips, physical strength etc). So he'd likely be a decent backup for Mikal which would be nice but it's not one of our more pressing needs. And Eric Gordon might be an upgrade over Lee but he looks to be on a severe downswing defensively. So I think I'd rather ride with Damion's intensity and physicality.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at our needs, I just don't see any of them helping as much as a happy Crowder could. I don't know if we can make him happy but from what little has gone public, I'm not sure that all the bridges have been burned. Maybe they have but I've seen far worse player antics through the years that were solved and put behind them.

I can't see us using Martin successfully at the 4 spot, he just doesn't have any of the physical traits you'd look for at that spot (height, wingspan, hips, physical strength etc). So he'd likely be a decent backup for Mikal which would be nice but it's not one of our more pressing needs. And Eric Gordon might be an upgrade over Lee but he looks to be on a severe downswing defensively. So I think I'd rather ride with Damion's intensity and physicality.

I no longer care if Crowder is happy. If the Suns brought him back, he should be playing behind Craig. Torrey has earned the starting PF position at least until Cam returns or they find someone better. Crowder is not better.

IMO, the Suns biggest need is an assortment of play-makers and shooters. Adding Gordon further solidifies the Suns depth there.

I'm not sold the Suns need a traditional power forward except for certain match-ups. The Suns would still have an open roster spot to address depth there.

Also, the Suns have until the trade deadline to address a particular need.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

So give him a raise at 3/36 for 10/4? He’s 32 and will be 35 when that deal is up.

His career is just about over. If jones can turn him into something other than what he’s produced this season for us I’ll be happy with that.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So give him a raise at 3/36 for 10/4? He’s 32 and will be 35 when that deal is up.

His career is just about over. If jones can turn him into something other than what he’s produced this season for us I’ll be happy with that.
I'm not sure what you're saying? Anyway, he's making 10M this year and he's getting old but he doesn't seem to have the kind of game that should drop off in the next couple years. Maybe make the 3rd year an option year or partially guaranteed. He's 5 years younger than PJ who just locked up a 3 year deal for 34 M so with salaries on the rise it doesn't seem to be an overpay or that risky to me

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Pull up a chair we gonna be here till Jan 15th.
Then on Jan 16th we will be like " I cant understand why JJ didnt do anything"
Suns Basketball
Rarw

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Im just totally out on this idea at this point. I would almost argue mikal > Durant, convince me im wrong
Keep it real, Durant is better than 2 Mikals right now.
Still wouldn't want to lose him, he has tremendous upside.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

We don’t need a slasher we need a play maker a guy we can throw the ball to and say get a bucket

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will wait for Shams Charania or Adrian Wojnarowski to make an announcement. The number 219 never materialized.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will wait for Shams Charania or Adrian Wojnarowski to make an announcement. The number 219 never materialized.
Well, sure it did, and then it went to 220. But yeah, Bouzy was wrong, so was everyone. And like the politicians he was discussing, he just sort of claimed to be right while being wrong.

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
Put me in the "wait for KD" camp. The superstar add worked with Paul and I think Durant will want to prove that he wasn't a tag-along with the GS team.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shams Charania reports the Hawks and Bucks have shown interest in Jae Crowder.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Nothing for the Bucks sorry. Keep your malcontent and we will keep ours.