Cards RELEASE Eno Benjamin

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He has every right to be upset after getting outsnapped by Ingram yesterday. Eno has looked far superior to Ingram.

Also, Eno was our most effective kick returner, so now I guess that role goes to Dortch, who isn't really a good returner. Keim is out here playing 1 D chess with these in season roster moves.

He's the 28th ranked kick returner. Outside of that he doesn't play ST's. He has 3 drops on just over 30 targets.

This is overblown.

Completely replaceable player and a luxury to carry on a roster when he doesn't contribute on ST's and you can't trust him as a 3rd down back.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
He's the 28th ranked kick returner. Outside of that he doesn't play ST's. He has 3 drops on just over 30 targets.

This is overblown.

Completely replaceable player and a luxury to carry on a roster when he doesn't contribute on ST's and you can't trust him as a 3rd down back.
Yeah when he plays he shows 110% effort which upset the midget playing QB who sits out games with "soreness". They wont admit it but the offense is better with McCoy

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

This is overblown.

I think a lot of people are mad at the release because, at times, he has played like the best RB we’ve had on roster. It was odd that we kept 5 RBs on roster after preseason, but without ward and Williams we’ll need to pick someone else up. As you stated earlier I’m guessing that one or both will be activated off IR for Monday nights game.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I really don't get it. Not that he was a world beater, but he was playing at a serviceable backup level.

Another Keim draft pick that didn't get to a second contract.
This idea doesn't hold with 7th rounders. The Cardinals got some good use and a few actual TDs from him. That's a win.

Sounds like he was becoming a locker room problem. There are dozens of backs of his caliber right now waiting by the phone.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think a lot of people are mad at the release because, at times, he has played like the best RB we’ve had on roster. It was odd that we kept 5 RBs on roster after preseason, but without ward and Williams we’ll need to pick someone else up. As you stated earlier I’m guessing that one or both will be activated off IR for Monday nights game.

They have two RB's on the PS so they won't pick anyone up and I'm guessing Ward and Williams (or both) are due back any time.

I get the timing is confusing, obviously something happened to trigger it, but he's a very ordinary running back. In his first start against Seattle he had 15 carries at 2.47 per.

And when he gets 5-8 carries he can break off a decent run as a change of pace back.

He's had one good career game vs the Saints. But everyone has had a good game vs the Saints this year.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This idea doesn't hold with 7th rounders. The Cardinals got some good use and a few actual TDs from him. That's a win.

Sounds like he was becoming a locker room problem. There are dozens of backs of his caliber right now waiting by the phone.

What you really need from a 7th round depth running back thats never, ever going to be a starter is decent ST's contributions and he just doesn't deliver that. He's a luxury roster carry.

There's a mountain built of middling running backs that can't play ST's that are no longer in the league.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

We have Ty'son Williams on the PS who had 5.3 YPA for the Ravens last year on 35 carries.

He's also bigger, heavier and faster than Eno.

Also not a great ST's contributor which is why he's on our PS.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
People are definitely exaggerating Eno’s contributions and talent, he’s your typical mediocre NFL backup running back but this is all Keim/Bidwill insecurity as usual.

They require ring-kissing or you’re eventually blackballed from the organization. For Eno, he simply isn’t a good enough player for them to ignore the insubordination like they did with guys like Dockett or are doing with Kyler or DHop.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People are definitely exaggerating Eno’s contributions and talent, he’s your typical mediocre NFL backup running back but this is all Keim/Bidwill insecurity as usual.

They require ring-kissing or you’re eventually blackballed from the organization. For Eno, he simply isn’t a good enough player for them to ignore the insubordination like they did with guys like Dockett or are doing with Kyler or DHop.
Yes.

Eno is not a world beater.
Keim and Bidwill suck

Both can be true

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I don't really see the relevance. This kind of situation happens in sports. Guy isn't getting enough PT and he ******* and complains. Guy gets cut so that guy can go find that PT.

Keim/Bidwill aren't good at their roles, but it isn't really germane to this conversation.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

It's not that Eno is the next Christian McCaffery, but at times he's been the best back on this team, and never worse than the 2nd back. On Sunday he got less snaps than Ingram, who's no where near the player Eno is.

He'll go be successful somewhere else as a #2.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why won’t he?

Idk, you say it was a move that made no sense, but it seems like you’re walking back your words.

Not walking back anything… I don’t think it was the wisest decision. Especially with two RBs out with injury. But I’m not gonna cry over Eno Benjamin either. I have no control over what this weak ass FO does. Why lose sleepover it. Heck you should be lauding it. Especially if you think it’s a bad move.

Eno while functional and knew the system is still a dime a dozen RB. He is literally nothing special.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The only things that stands out with his release is that it seems like we have botched another player management situation. No reason you can't have a convo with Eno, tell him his usage will fluctuate significantly, and that you will release him if he feels he will get a better opportunity elsewhere. This isn't shocking in that despite Keim being the "alpha" he seems to struggle having a face to face, honest conversation with players about where they stand.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA