I am not saying Colt is great (he is not) but..

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have made the argument that D is healthy and played like normal which is absurd they mailed it in…
Horse manure argument with absolutely nothing to back it up.

The Rams came into a must-win game facing a team they routinely crush, at home, against their backup QB and despite only being 1.5 games out of first, the Rams mailed it in? This is amongst one of the dumbest takes I’ve seen yet to defend Kyler Murray.

Last edited:

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
The one defense of Kyler vs Rams comparison is that he didn't have DHop. That said, he HAS played poorly for most of the year.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Horse manure argument with absolutely nothing to back it up.

They came into the game facing a team they routinely crush, at home, against their backup QB and despite only being 1.5 games out of first, the Rams mailed it in? This is amongst your dumbest takes I’ve ever seen.
Lol Colt McCoy beat them at home with a make shift Oline that backs it up! Again just my opinion if you want to believe that Colt is so good he destroyed a Rams team that actually cared go for it. Let’s see how it plays out if he faces a team with something to play for and game plans for him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whatever flaws Kyler has in his preparation, body language, technique...

Should have been being ironed out by the coaches from Day 1 onwards. That's their entire job.

Kyler's got enough talent to get by as is (and get us some wins) even with some flaws in his make-up. So we as an organisation have allowed his shortcomings to fester.

Weak coaching staff. Not astute enough to know what's missing from his game. Not demanding enough.

And if he can't do it (or won't do it) then don't contract him.

We've gone all in on Murray (rightly or wrongly) which means new coach/offensive coordinator required.

Some people are uncoachable. You have to be willing to take it. You have to believe you need it.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol Colt McCoy beat them at home with a make shift Oline that backs it up! Again just my opinion if you want to believe that Colt is so good he destroyed a Rams team that actually cared go for it. Let’s see how it plays out if he faces a team with something to play for and game plans for him.

Where do you come up with the Rams had nothing to play for? They were 1.5 games out with 8 to play? Your math doesn’t add up?

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Where do you come up with the Rams had nothing to play for? They were 1.5 games out with 8 to play? Your math doesn’t add up?
Come on Shane they know their QB wasn’t going to do anything and when it became obvious they didn’t play that hard. No way I mean NO WAY our make shift line holds off Donald if he is playing full out!

Reactions: urs

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have made the argument that D is healthy and played like normal which is absurd they mailed it in…
Healthy doesn't equate to calling a team good. Those are not remotely the same thing. Also, not being talented enough is not the same thing as mailing it in. You are seriously reaching.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Healthy doesn't equate to calling a team good. Those are not remotely the same thing. Also, not being talented enough is not the same thing as mailing it in. You are seriously reaching.
Who’s not talented enough? The Rams D? Not sure what your even saying there…

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, true. He's going to Kyler crush no matter what happens. I suppose trying to make the point gets tiring for the board.
It’s funny you say Kyler crush when haven’t been saying much about him. More about coaching and what happened yesterday. But sure I’m just a Kyler lover some of you guys are just too much lol.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
...in order to defend Kyler and deflect criticism from him.
For those hard of hearing or reading in this case I have said numerous times he is playing bad! Seriously wtf.. He deserves criticism, all I am saying or say is he is not the only problem on this team period! Everything went well yesterday for the fist time this damn season did we not have dumb false starts, snaps over the head, people not dropping balls, fumble recovered, this is not Colt working ******* magic. We just managed not to shoot ourselves in the foot repeatedly. If they played that clean and ran the ball Kyler wins as well, see last season before **** fell apart.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who’s not talented enough? The Rams D? Not sure what your even saying there…
You wouldn't know if the team is quitting verses not just being good enough. It's a huge assumption on your part. Both your responses are a massive reach.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Some people are uncoachable. You have to be willing to take it. You have to believe you need it.
It's his 4th season so we know exactly who we've got. We chose to make him our long term QB. It was our call. The buck stops at the top. We deemed him coachable. If there are flaws we thought we could fix them. If we are wrong then it's those who made that call who need to be in the gun imho

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You wouldn't know if the team is quitting verses not just being good enough. It's a huge assumption on your part. Both your responses are a massive reach.
The Rams D is not good enough? Hmm I’m sure most would say their D is the strength of that team but whatever…

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Come on Shane they know their QB wasn’t going to do anything and when it became obvious they didn’t play that hard. No way I mean NO WAY our make shift line holds off Donald if he is playing full out!

This is just **** you made up to justify your insane viewpoint

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's his 4th season so we know exactly who we've got. We chose to make him our long term QB. It was our call. The buck stops at the top. We deemed him coachable. If there are flaws we thought we could fix them. If we are wrong then it's those who made that call who need to be in the gun imho

I agree. That's why I always said we shouldn't have extended him and they were dumb to do so.

But then we have a poor FO so it's not a surprise.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
For those hard of hearing or reading in this case I have said numerous times he is playing bad! Seriously wtf.. He deserves criticism, all I am saying or say is he is not the only problem on this team period! Everything went well yesterday for the fist time this damn season did we not have dumb false starts, snaps over the head, people not dropping balls, fumble recovered, this is not Colt working ******* magic. We just managed not to shoot ourselves in the foot repeatedly. If they played that clean and ran the ball Kyler wins as well, see last season before **** fell apart.
See, you say the former...but then conclude with the latter. You suppossedly criticize Kyler, then say if only other factors were different he'd be just as good as last season. No, not with his poor play. The way he is playing, they can't effectively run the ball because, without any real passing threat, the D can key on the run and dare Kyler to beat them. He isn't able to. Nor do we have a strong enough OL to force the issue. Undoubtedly, if we had a better coach and better OL, we would be doing better on offense, but we still wouldn't be good, until and unless Kyler gets his head in the game again.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
See, you say the former...but then conclude with the latter. You suppossedly criticize Kyler, then say if only other factors were different he'd be just as good as last season. No, not with his poor play. The way he is playing, they can't effectively run the ball because, without any real passing threat, the D can key on the run and dare Kyler to beat them. He isn't able to. Nor do we have a strong enough OL to force the issue. Undoubtedly, if we had a better coach and better OL, we would be doing better on offense, but we still wouldn't be good, until and unless Kyler gets his head in the game again.

If we had better coaching, better game plans and better play calls then Kyler's ability to read a defense, adjust his reads go through progressions like a real NFL quarterback would be better.

This makes sense...

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we had better coaching, better game plans and better play calls then Kyler's ability to read a defense, adjust his reads go through progressions like a real NFL quarterback would be better.

This makes sense...
This is what we all want

For the coaching and KM to be better and do whatever it takes to get there