Our franchise QB

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Get a grip who’s defending who? I have said as much as Murray is playing like crap, that doesn’t mean Colt is better. Let Kyler sit I don’t care let’s ride with McCoy he won’t last a few games at most **** he almost was gone today. Wait till he has to play a team that has game planned for him and isn’t mailing it in like the Rams today! Some of you are delusional that Colt did something special today. He benefited from a sorry QB on the other side that couldn’t do anything, a coherent game plan that we haven’t really seen all year with a commitment to balance instead of being behind the sticks all game. Lots of stuff was different today didn’t have endless false starts and nonsense digging us into holes. **** AJ the corpse even caught the ball today! They showed up and executed simple stuff bravo, happy for the win anytime to beat the rams. But some of you just so eager to say see I told you Kyler is the problem, it’s just nonsense!
True, we did not have all those drive-killing panelties nor behind the stick nonsense, and even AJ Green's corpose made play today? Then the question comes: why other players play cleaner and better with McCoy being the QB? Why Kliff suddenly called a balance offense after all the games this year? Was he intentionally trying to sabotage Kyler?

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
True, we did not have all those drive-killing panelties nor behind the stick nonsense, and even AJ Green's corpose made play today? Then the question comes: why other players play cleaner and better with McCoy being the QB? Why Kliff suddenly called a balance offense after all the games this year? Was he intentionally trying to sabotage Kyler?
Didn’t say that just happens to be when we don’t shoot our selves in the foot repeatedly things look a lot better no? And we did few of those things today and balls were fought instead of dropped you know like when KM hits people in their hands and they drop crucial passes at the worst times. Happens all the time, when the team plays without mistakes like the first drive last week they can score and move the ball. And actually they move the ball and gain yards with Murray but they seem to make stupid ass mistakes at the worst times killing scoring chances. It’s not a singular event not a singular player it’s a collective array of mistakes usually.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Josh Allen had a TD/INT ratio of 1/2 with 1 of them being the game-losing INT in OT. He played a huge part of that game going into OT in the first place due to his poor play.

You can’t lie to yourself & say his poor play hasn’t been effect by his injury.
Hilarious, someone trying to throw shade on Allen in defense of Kylers soft and pathetic play. Maybe we can compare their play in the the playoffs.... oh wait

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wonder if Colt's limitations have a way of simplifying the focus?

Mostly short passes, minimal QB runs, no deep shots. He just did what he does well.

Whereas Kyler can (theoretically) do a lot more. Which means more choices to make, more opportunities to make the wrong call both with playcalling and QB play.

There's a lot to unpack. Everyone will have an opinion on where blame lies for our 2022 play and how to fix it. Hard Knocks have chosen a good team to follow.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not at all, as much as he has to run and gets sacked and knocked around being injured 9 games is not that bad. Not to mention I’m sure he could have went if it was playoff type game. They playing it safe with him rightfully so. You think Colt would still be standing after 9 games lol joke…

What?? He has 39 combined sacks and hits.

Joe Burrow has 60.
Russ Wilson has 58.
Jalen Hurts has 40.
Geno Smith has 53.
Kirk Cousins has 58.
Mahomes has 44.
Lamar Jackson literally runs into people all game.

In fact he has one of the lowest combined sacks + hits rates in the league. Nearly every QB has been hit more.

Keep posting though. It's funny now.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not as far as I'm aware but light injuries can become serious injuries if pushed too hard. Injuries especially leg injuries to a running qb are tricky

You know Budda played with a high ankle sprain and McCoy played the 2nd half with a knee brace right?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It isn't. Some guys in the NFL finds ways to navigate minor injuries and still help their teams. Others do not. When the position is the most important one on the football field, that difference matters more. It also matters when you are the position that is supposed to tell others guys to suck it up and put the team first. Hard to do when you put yourself first. Only a small number of games in an NFL season and they all matter. Different than other sports.

IMO the Cardinals wanted an excuse to sit Murray and used this very minor hamstring injury to do so

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Josh Allen last today because a botched snap at the 1 yard line. I get what you are saying but they probably would not have been better today with Keanum.

The difference between the two is that Josh Allen said "I've got to play better" after the Viking's and Jet's games.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So like Kyler most of the season?
Have said before it looks like Kyler has been trying to simplify things this season.

Take the yards that are available rather than force it, which has been a criticism of him in the past.

Doesn't seem to be playing naturally and certainly doesn't look like what is being rolled out has been rehearsed anywhere near enough.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Colt had a 6.61 YPA starting his first game on the road with 4 starting O line out, 2 of which were street signings. He had no Ertz and only 2 high functioning receivers.

Kyler has only bested that twice in 9 games. 6.73 vs the Vikings and 7.72 vs the Saints.

McCoy completed 8 passes over 10 yards including a 20 and 25 yarder.

Kyler's not had 8 yet. He had 7 over 10 yards vs the Panthers and Rams and only had 2 passes of 20+ in a game twice and that was week 6 vs the Seahawks and week 8 vs the Vikings.

McCoy completed 8 of 10 passes over 10 yards for 80%. Kyler's best is 7 of 9 for 77% vs the panthers. He's never passed 58% when trying 10 or more over 10 yards.

Kyler's completion rate on the season over 10 yards is 43/96 or 44%.

We won because we had a QB that could read a defense, go through progressions and make passes over 10 yards reliably. Something we haven't had all season.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Have said before it looks like Kyler has been trying to simplify things this season.

Take the yards that are available rather than force it, which has been a criticism of him in the past.

Doesn't seem to be playing naturally and certainly doesn't look like what is being rolled out has been rehearsed anywhere near enough.

It's funny because I keep saying Colt kept it simple. He actually did far more.

He was reading defenses pre snap. He was making checks at the line. He was actually going through progressions in the pocket. He was consistently making passes over 10 yards.

He had the 3rd highest YPA of the season with a 3rd string O line and no Ertz.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We won because we had a QB that could read a defense, go through progressions and make passes over 10 yards reliably. Something we haven't had all season.
This sums it up

Being able to read the D and make adjustments in your head, go through progressions and then throw all in a quick time

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This sums it up

Being able to read the D and make adjustments in your head, go through progressions and then throw all in a quick time

Also, one I missed that was probably most important. A QB that could throw on time when the receiver is expecting the ball.

Plays aren't drawn up the way Kyler runs them. Which is get the ball, hop around and wait to see an open man somewhere.

They are designed, mostly, to be thrown on time. 1, 2 ,3, pass. With 1 being the snap.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hilarious, someone trying to throw shade on Allen in defense of Kylers soft and pathetic play. Maybe we can compare their play in the the playoffs.... oh wait
Even more hilarious that your reading comprehension is pathetic. I can help you improve that if you want me to because it seems you need it.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Get a grip who’s defending who? I have said as much as Murray is playing like crap, that doesn’t mean Colt is better. Let Kyler sit I don’t care let’s ride with McCoy he won’t last a few games at most **** he almost was gone today. Wait till he has to play a team that has game planned for him and isn’t mailing it in like the Rams today! Some of you are delusional that Colt did something special today. He benefited from a sorry QB on the other side that couldn’t do anything, a coherent game plan that we haven’t really seen all year with a commitment to balance instead of being behind the sticks all game. Lots of stuff was different today didn’t have endless false starts and nonsense digging us into holes. **** AJ the corpse even caught the ball today! They showed up and executed simple stuff bravo, happy for the win anytime to beat the rams. But some of you just so eager to say see I told you Kyler is the problem, it’s just nonsense!
Kyler "benefited" from playing against the same sorry QB last year, when he lost to the Rams.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sigh a warning has been awarded to you for trolling this board. Name calling
Kyler "benefited" from playing against the same sorry QB last year, when he lost to the Rams.

Today is going to be a couple of hundred people telling the same 6 stans how stupid they look

cardjunkie

Veteran
Reaction score
IMO the Cardinals wanted an excuse to sit Murray and used this very minor hamstring injury to do so
I agree and I am glad they did. I hope they sit him next game too. I love KM's talent but believe he needs to be humbled and watching his offense perform well without him may do that.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I wonder if Colt's limitations have a way of simplifying the focus?

Mostly short passes, minimal QB runs, no deep shots. He just did what he does well.

Whereas Kyler can (theoretically) do a lot more. Which means more choices to make, more opportunities to make the wrong call both with playcalling and QB play.

There's a lot to unpack. Everyone will have an opinion on where blame lies for our 2022 play and how to fix it. Hard Knocks have chosen a good team to follow.
I think the reality is that Kyler prevents Kliff from getting out of his own way with being a realistic play caller. Kyler is so physically gifted, that Kliff goes bonkers with thinking how many bells and whistles he can put into his plays. With McCoy he seems to make a gameplan which the objective is to win, with Kyler he attempts to make a gameplan to impress

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Was Kyler actively involved with the offensive players during the game? Did he sit with Colt after every possession and listen to the conversations?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know Budda played with a high ankle sprain and McCoy played the 2nd half with a knee brace right?

I'm going to dispute the first one I don't care what sort of painkiller shot you use it's just about phyisologically impossible to play in an NFL game with an actual high ankle sprain, the ankle just wouldn't function correctly.

My opinion is when they came back later in the week and said Budda looks better and might play Sunday that meant it wasn't actually a high ankle sprain.

I was watching him and he seemed to be running quite well I'm assuming it was an ankle but not a high ankle. still impressive.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was Kyler actively involved with the offensive players during the game? Did he sit with Colt after every possession and listen to the conversations?

No. Every single TV shot showed him with Hollywood. and TJ who had great seats at game said all he did was BS on the sideline with Hollywood the entire time.

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
Thread title should be edited to read "Franchise" (with quotation marks) because, well.... You know.

Quarter billion dollar dud?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson