My Son’s Day Made Thanks to JJ Watt

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Took my son to the game today and splurged on really good tickets. Got there super early for the off chance we’d get an autograph or to interact with a player. At first, my son was super shy and wouldn’t wave at anyone, but then after a bit, JJ Watt came out to stretch. My son and I started waving and saying hi, and then he comes over and does this:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

After that, he couldn’t stop yelling for every player that walked by. The win was cool, but the singular moment was the best part of the day

You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• C6124D12-4426-422C-B068-9A1914C8B3EC.jpeg
    C6124D12-4426-422C-B068-9A1914C8B3EC.jpeg
    475.7 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Also, My son was way too nervous about throwing the ball back to him, so he gave it to me to throw back. Holy **** was I nervous, but I dropped a dime in his bread basket #QBoF

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
thats awesome man!! this is what the game is all about.

grew up going to Cards game with my grandfather and his season tix at Sun Devil Stadium.... Continue with those tickets today with my father and brother....

your son will remember that forever

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love it… glad your son got to experience that TJ very awesome… it’s one of the reasons I’m so partial to Anquan Boldin not only for what he did on the field but how he used to treat fans and interact with them. After all my years going to Flagstaff I never saw a single other player that was as amazing and would take the time that he would to interact with the fans and make sure everybody was appeased even after two a days….. that guy would stay behind and make sure every single fan was signed or taken care of. Not that it’s expected these guys are tired. But it just shows what I believe his true character is. JJ by all accounts is very similar.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
For those that go to games does Kyler ever do this?

Sign merch, throw balls, shake hands, high fives. Anything?
FWIW well before the game, he was within an ear shot of my son and we were calling for him but he ignored us.

Budda gave us a wave as did other guys

Isaiah Simmons gave me a death stare, which I found to be weird. I wish he knew that I have been one of his biggest apologists

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Also, My son was way too nervous about throwing the ball back to him, so he gave it to me to throw back. Holy **** was I nervous, but I dropped a dime in his bread basket #QBoF
Glad to know we had an emergency back up QB in the stands in case McSorley would have went down while McCoy was in the tent.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
FWIW well before the game, he was within an ear shot of my son and we were calling for him but he ignored us.

Isaiah Simmons gave me a death stare, which I found to be weird. I wish he knew that I have been one of his biggest apologists
Some players and coaches are wound tight before games and won't give anyone the time of day, but after a game is completely different.

I used to try like hell to get a response from players at SDS...I sat near where OL/DL warmed up. It was super rare to even get them to look up.

Captain Matt

Registered
Reaction score
Road games are definitely the best to get player attention. My son got a pair of Larry Legend’s gloves at Cleveland in 2018. And an autographed Pat P ball in DC in 2019. As a kid my brother and I would go to Cards games in the mid-west (Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Chicago) and got wrist bands, autographs, etc a ton. And right after 9-11 I was flying back from San Diego (in uniform) and stopped in Phoenix to meet my brother for dinner…. We went to the team shop/practice facility and were invited into the locker room where we met rookie Josh McCown and a number of other players. Maybe we have just been super lucky???

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

That's messed up, your son is even wearing a Kyler Jersey. Doubt he even took the time to look if he ignored you guys.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Some players and coaches are wound tight before games and won't give anyone the time of day, but after a game is completely different.

I used to try like hell to get a response from players at SDS...I sat near where OL/DL warmed up. It was super rare to even get them to look up.
I’m trying not to be judgemental but he was inactive and spent the entire time BSing with Hollywood Brown. A simple gesture goes a long way for a kid. I so want Kyler to shake the stigma of being unapproachable

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah I follow Watt on Instagram he's the only athlete that I do that with and you can just tell he's a great guy.

Glad he made your sons day

He paid out on a fans $1000 bet today because he lost out on the defensive TD that was whistled dead. Legend.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Had a similar wonderful experience when I took my kids to Pittsburgh to watch the Cardinals and Steelers play in the first preseason game of 2009. That was the season after the SB. My kid was 7 & he was the only Cardinal fan in the corner of the endzone watching the Cardinals warmup before the game. Cardinals were running fades into the corner of the endzone where we were sitting. Of course, my son had a Fitz jersey on too. And he was yelling FITZ after every play. When it finished, Fitz ran over, pointed to #11, my son, and had everyone move out of the way. He half scaled the wall & flipped the ball to my son. He made a fan that day that he’ll never lose. That ball still sits on my son’s dresser even though he’s away at college.

Attachments

• 48CD5D28-87A0-4EC5-A9A9-ED2A15A78F3A.jpeg
    48CD5D28-87A0-4EC5-A9A9-ED2A15A78F3A.jpeg
    229.2 KB · Views: 4

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
And I bet you'd do the job for half what K1 does. You have my vote.

Reactions: TJ