Seriously, Wouldn't Kyler bring at Least a 1st R Pick

If we have the chance, should we draft a very top QB and trade Kyler to replace that pick?

• Yes, if we are really sold on 1 of the top QBs succeeding

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • No, taking any rookie QB would be too much of a gamble

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • No, don't think Kyler would be worth enough of a return

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • No, don't feel anyone would want Kyler and his contract

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • No, just unreasonable for many reasons

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
If one of the 2 top qbs were available to us in the draft, one of the 6'3"+ type, would you be in favor of taking them, replacing that pick (and maybe more) by trading Kyler. Personally, I would seriously consider it.

Reactions: PJ1

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think with all the off-season drama it would have been easier to trade him before this season started and before he signed the big deal. I think you could have gotten more for him then in the way of picks. It will be hard to deal him with his current deal. Who would take him? Maybe the Steelers would be a fit. I think Mike Tomlin would be a good head coach for him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No. I don't really like any of the QB's in this years draft.

I'm not sure how many GM's would be willing to trade for an undersized, contact averse QB with rumors of poor work ethic and leadership who his team are trying to get out of just 1 year after extending him. Huge alarm bells there.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
95 million cap charge means he is here for at least 2 more years. World peace would be nice also but that won't happen in the next 2 years either.
That’s the huge obstacle I mentioned on my post. If ARZ really wanted to get rid of him they would have to eat most of the contract to do it, it’s not impossible if Bidwill had money to convert most of money to a bonus but he doesn’t. He’d have to sell his jet to hedge the loss.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
That’s the huge obstacle I mentioned on my post. If ARZ really wanted to get rid of him they would have to eat most of the contract to do it, it’s not impossible if Bidwill had money to convert most of money to a bonus but he doesn’t. He’d have to sell his jet to hedge the loss.
The problem with eating a part is it would have to be a huge number (maybe half) which would bar a flexible cap. The first pick would be a 30 mil hit. There’s no guarantee he starts or is successful; half fail.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If one of the 2 top qbs were available to us in the draft, one of the 6'3"+ type, would you be in favor of taking them, replacing that pick (and maybe more) by trading Kyler. Personally, I would seriously consider it.
No.

You have to at least give Kyler a chance under a different coach before you give up on him. He has fantastic accuracy and throwing ability and his mobility makes his ceiling way to high to just bail on without giving another coach a chance to mold him.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
No.

You have to at least give Kyler a chance under a different coach before you give up on him. He has fantastic accuracy and throwing ability and his mobility makes his ceiling way to high to just bail on without giving another coach a chance to mold him.
Kyler has talent, great talent. Maybe someone else could develop it.

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Well, if they fire KK and hire someone decent before the draft, it will be interesting to see how it plays out. If Keim and our owner definitely want to keep KM, then they will hire someone who wants to work with him and no one else. If they themselves are on the fence, (maybe because they originally let KK talk them into it) then a new coach who they respect could possibly convince them to go in another direction. I admit it seems a bit of a long shot right now. Logic says to not judge him fully until we get a decent team around him and fix our glaring weaknesses that are holding KM back.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Keep Kyler, but he deserves a chance at a new regime.

Keim and Kliff get 1 more year to prove they are worth it.

Do or die.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Easily - we could get a 1st rounder and a few more picks for him. The league isn’t down on him as much as the dark siders on this board. Loads of talent that can’t be replicated, if Wentz can get shuffled around at the price he was getting (w a large salary at the time too). Kyler would be easy - Kiem would prob ask too much imo though.

I am not advocate of trading Kyler, but if Kliffy doesn’t get fired soon I hope he does get traded as I don’t see this working out.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
For those who think Murray might do better under a different coach, forget about it. You can bet your bottom dollar that both Keim and Kingsbury are doing everything in their power to steer Bidwill and CYA during these film sessions. If it means throwing a few players under the bus so be it, maybe a few coaches too. I bet both of these clowns love having these sessions because it means they have a direct influence on Bidwill on a weekly basis.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replace Keim and Kingsbury, then give Kyler a chance under a new coach.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Absolute waste of time to be talking about trading Murray. Even if Bidwill has reservations about Kyler, and I don’t believe that to be the case just yet, he’s made the investment & needs to DO EVERYTHING you can to make that investment work. Bringing in a losing college HC to work with a QB who did his best to avoid said losing college coach throughout his college career, was yet another Bidwillian bad decision. If I owned that team, I’m bringing in a HC who has proven he can coach in the NFL, and his biggest responsibility is to let me know whether Kyler is the guy or not. The Cardinals needs someone like Sean Payton or Jim Harbaugh. And oh, but the way, I’d be drafting LINEMEN on both sides of the ball for the foreseeable future.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
M
If we hadn't prematurely signed him to his huge unearned contract it would have been much easier to move on from him.

Anyone looking for work - try to get a job with the team. They seem to overpay many people.
This! He certainly could have been moved before the contract, but if they didn’t extend him he would have been a free agent after the single year extension. Cards were kind of caught in the middle and chose to gamble on Murray. To me the problem was in large measure the Cards never built the surrounding cast that matched Murray’s skill set. Now with the guaranteed money, it’s hard to imagine Murray makes an effort to be what the Cards need. I just don’t see a true love for the game. Winning doesn’t seem paramount if a guy won’t even try to secure the ball when he runs. How simple is that!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose