Watching Hard Knocks Live

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
How in the world did you become a Cardinals fan in football & baseball then lol?
My Dad’s favorite player growing up was Stan Musial. Everyone back then was a Yankee fan, so he picked the Cardinals. Still remember watching the Cardinals beat the Yankees in the 64 WS. Hooked for life watching Bob Gibson mow down the Yanks in game 7. I became a football Cardinal fan while watching the WS. Ad ad came up about an upcoming game between Cardinals & Bears. I was 6 & only watched college football. I talked my Dad into being a St. Louis Cardinal football fan too. He went along with it & the rest is history. He harassed me for years on why I picked such a crappy team. But, he and my Mom were fans right up to the day they passed. A great story indeed. One look at those helmets with the red bird on it & I was hooked for life. Larry Wilson was our favorite player at the time.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Pretty sure we saw that expression after the TE screen late in the 4th sealed the deal. He had to be thinking “that was probably the 100th time I’ve seen that just since VJ has been here”. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen it 1000 times in my years as a fan.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Don’t worry. His dad will teach him.
I talked to a guy who knows Kliff here in Texas, and Kyler's dad is very involved, much to Kliff's chagrin (memo to the Murray family and Kingsbury, this is no longer high school or college). God bless his dad and I am sure he faced some racial scrutiny back in the day after playing at A&M and then wanting to be a pro QB, but the fact is he lacks the experience as a pro to qualify to be offering opinions or the advanced tutelage Kyler now requires... and I have no faith in green cap guy either lol

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My Dad’s favorite player growing up was Stan Musial. Everyone back then was a Yankee fan, so he picked the Cardinals. Still remember watching the Cardinals beat the Yankees in the 64 WS. Hooked for life watching Bob Gibson mow down the Yanks in game 7. I became a football Cardinal fan while watching the WS. Ad ad came up about an upcoming game between Cardinals & Bears. I was 6 & only watched college football. I talked my Dad into being a St. Louis Cardinal football fan too. He went along with it & the rest is history. He harassed me for years on why I picked such a crappy team. But, he and my Mom were fans right up to the day they passed. A great story indeed. One look at those helmets with the red bird on it & I was hooked for life. Larry Wilson was our favorite player at the time.
I love those helmets, fell in love the first time I saw one in 1976, been a fan ever since. But I live 4 hours from St.louis in Louisville lol.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Of course Musial was from Donora, PA., as was Ken Griffey I think. ‘64 was a great series.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
There is never a shortage of available mentors in the NFL. The key is, does Murray recognize his shortcomings and want to improve? It seems all his life he’s been told he was a star (just like in the HBO show). I question after this many years and, at best, limited success, I don’t see Murray as being grounded with a sense of reality.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
There is never a shortage of available mentors in the NFL. The key is, does Murray recognize his shortcomings and want to improve? It seems all his life he’s been told he was a star (just like in the HBO show). I question after this many years and, at best, limited success, I don’t see Murray as being grounded with a sense of reality.
I know from some personal contacts, Kliff has had it out with Kyler at times, hence it is not like Kliff does not get frustrated and they had a few intense sessions. Yes, of late Kyler has been a problem but even if Kliff is telling him the right things, it won't work unless Kyler respects Kliff which it seems he does not. I have no idea what the situation is with ex coaches as Marvin Lewis or say a Jim Caldwell, but I think even if they did not know as much as Kliff (that is a big hypothetical), what they do know would actually be used out of respect which makes it a better scenario to say the least if one considers also the overall responsibility of being a head coach

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know from some personal contacts, Kliff has had it out with Kyler at times, hence it is not like Kliff does not get frustrated and they had a few intense sessions. Yes, of late Kyler has been a problem but even if Kliff is telling him the right things, it won't work unless Kyler respects Kliff which it seems he does not. I have no idea what the situation is with ex coaches as Marvin Lewis or say a Jim Caldwell, but I think even if they did not know as much as Kliff (that is a big hypothetical), what they do know would actually be used out of respect which makes it a better scenario to say the least if one considers also the overall responsibility of being a head coach

I get the impression Kyler wouldn't respect any coach that doesn’t confirm his **** don't stink based on the brief history of him shouting "calm the **** down" at anyone on his case.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Brit - Resident NFL Offensive Coordinator as well as Resident Phycologist. How does the man do it!?!?
Brit is just giving his impression and does not take it as fact. My impression is that Kyler is far from that impetuous, but yeah does have some ego defense mechanisms in play which he needs to drop. If you want the premier phycologist, I am afraid you must go to Revenge of the Birds and Walter Mitchell... his residency was self revoked here due to his own mental state which was far more advanced than Kyler's when he could not take any criticism at all lol

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brit is just giving his impression and does not take it as fact. My impression is that Kyler is far from that impetuous, but yeah does have some ego defense mechanisms in play which he needs to drop. If you want the premier phycologist, I am afraid you must go to Revenge of the Birds and Walter Mitchell... his residency was self revoked here due to his own mental state which was far more advanced than Kyler's when he could not take any criticism at all lol
I would argue Mitchell & Brit are way more alike than either would like to admit, lol.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
finally got to watch it. So no surprise:

1. the things that make us crazy make the coaches crazy -- Shawn Jefferson talking about "we cant be breaking the huddle with only 10 secs"

2. There is absolutely the equivalent of Brit's all-22 look at open players in the QB room.

3. The boot! the boot! We want young players to play and learn. there is a cost of playing young players sometimes.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Prodigies in the arts, science and, yes, sports are treated as 'stars' from an early age.

How they inculcate and manage this is always the issue.

The jury is out, the verdict hasn't been reached on KM.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
finally got to watch it. So no surprise:

1. the things that make us crazy make the coaches crazy -- Shawn Jefferson talking about "we cant be breaking the huddle with only 10 secs"

2. There is absolutely the equivalent of Brit's all-22 look at open players in the QB room.

3. The boot! the boot! We want young players to play and learn. there is a cost of playing young players sometimes.

I watched that boot back. It was on Dimukeje and probably more so Collins. Both 2nd year players.

But the game was over. We spent the 8 previous drives sucking. Seems deluded to think we were suddenly going to get the ball back and drive 80 yards to win.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I watched that boot back. It was on Dimukeje and probably more so Collins. Both 2nd year players.

But the game was over. We spent the 8 previous drives sucking. Seems deluded to think we were suddenly going to get the ball back and drive 80 yards to win.
curious what the responsibilities were

because with Fant coming in near full speed motion, that would have been a hard cover for Collins even if he knew it was coming.

Maybe Dimukeje was supposed to impede or hit Fant