Kyler has hamstring injury

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Nobody else agrees. Others have him just under 20% pressure rate on Sunday and that gels with what I saw.

And those places have Kyler 65% pressure vs the Chiefs so they aren't under counting.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think I know. I've seen it with my eyes and the stats back it up.

Pressure stats simply do not lie.

It has shocking at run blocking for sure.
Yeah yeah yeah. We both know that stats don't tell the entire story. actually, maybe we both don't know. I can count at least 3 drives that were KILLED by the offensive line. Go watch the game again for a 3rd time and look for that.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah yeah yeah. We both know that stats don't tell the entire story. actually, maybe we both don't know. I can count at least 3 drives that were KILLED by the offensive line. Go watch the game again for a 3rd time and look for that.

Drives being killed and overall pressure are not the same thing though are they.

You can be kept clean most of the time and still have the O line give up a drive killer. As all O lines do.

But when you're put in 3rd and long all the time that's going to happen more often.

Its far from great but it's not bad. It's just copium for some to shift the blame.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drives being killed and overall pressure are not the same thing though are they.

You can be kept clean most of the time and still have the O line give up a drive killer. As all O lines do.

But when you're put in 3rd and long all the time that's going to happen more often.

Its far from great but it's not bad. It's just copium for some to shift the blame.
You are the one that keeps using the pressure stat to determine if the line is playing well or not, seemingly ignoring the rest.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Nobody else agrees. Others have him just under 20% pressure rate on Sunday and that gels with what I saw.

And those places have Kyler 65% pressure vs the Chiefs so they aren't under counting.
All I can do is laugh are you man.. your stuff is just getting more and more comical by the day. Kyler must of stole your wife and broke your adult daughters heart. Only sense of this deep hatred.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
- We are using our third string center who was signed off the street mid-season and forgot to snap the ball twice in one drive last week.

- We have a 6th round rookie backup RG making his first start this week.

-We have a backup LG coming off an injury who is now apparently injured again, which leaves maybe Josh Jones to play LG this week?

- We have a declining RT who has been called for 5 penalties and given up 4 sacks in 9 games.

- Both of our TEs are below average blockers, to put it kindly.

In what world is this offensive line not an issue? I'm not sure if I remember a time when the line was in this bad of shape halfway through the season.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler prob hurt his poor hamstring triping over his controller wire while playing cod......

Man if kyler isn't healthy sun lambs 40

Douch Kingsbury lead team 3 if lucky....

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are you kidding? Penalties, bad snaps, missed assignments, run blocking etc.

No. I'm not ignoring them. I just said the run blocking is awful.

But we're talking about the O line specifically in relation to Kyler's performance and those trying to use the O line pass protection as an excuse for his poor play. So the only salient metric is pressure.

Also, the bad snaps and false starts are a recent result of Billy Price. Yes, Hudson had some a couple of bad snaps before injury but it was like 2 in 4 games. The false starts only came in as a major issue in the last few games so are no excuse for the previous 6.

The pass pro has been fine. The run blocking sucks. Billy Price is awful and is causing all kinds of issues with false starts. He had one bad snap vs the Seahawks that killed a drive.

None of that has any bearing on Kyler being so ridiculously bad at passing the ball this season and anyone saying otherwise is lying to themselves.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

The Rams have sucked this year on the OL due to injuries but it is not just the pass protection, it comes down to run blocking which the Cardinals suck at too. If one cannot generate a run game, then you are screwed and the defense can just unload on the QB. The Rams and Cardinals have not been able to run the ball with their backs and it shows

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Rams have sucked this year on the OL due to injuries but it is not just the pass protection, it comes down to run blocking which the Cardinals suck at too. If one cannot generate a run game, then you are screwed and the defense can just unload on the QB. The Rams and Cardinals have not been able to run the ball with their backs and it shows

I agree. But also it doesn't help that we have a passing YPA under 6 and there is no deep threat to take defenders away from the LOS.

One of my biggest issues with Vance's defense is that he uses linebackers like DB's. They are always bailing out into coverage. Even in zone he has them dropping 10-15 yards back. Opposition teams simply aren't doing that. We have LB's right down in the box all the time.

I don't even like our hand offs. If it's a run play half the time Kyler is holding it out there for what seems like an age telegraphing the run.

Another problem is that we have completely abandoned play action and RPO's. Only 24 play action passes all season and off them we have nearly 9 yards per pass. That's 30th in the league. Last year we had 109 and 937 yards off play action, 15th in the league.

Same with RPO's. 111 RPO's last year, 4th in the league. This year 20 so far. That's officially 9th, but in reality it's last because most teams don't feature RPO's much.

There are definitely multiple problems. Some are O line, some are Kliff but the biggest problem is Kyler. He's just playing bad.

We could fix the run game, we could do more PA and RPO's, but it wouldn't make a huge difference. At the end of the day when there is a guy open for 15 yards and a 1st down you can't be taking 5 yard check downs.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. I'm not ignoring them. I just said the run blocking is awful.

But we're talking about the O line specifically in relation to Kyler's performance and those trying to use the O line pass protection as an excuse for his poor play. So the only salient metric is pressure.

Also, the bad snaps and false starts are a recent result of Billy Price. Yes, Hudson had some a couple of bad snaps before injury but it was like 2 in 4 games. The false starts only came in as a major issue in the last few games so are no excuse for the previous 6.

The pass pro has been fine. The run blocking sucks. Billy Price is awful and is causing all kinds of issues with false starts. He had one bad snap vs the Seahawks that killed a drive.

None of that has any bearing on Kyler being so ridiculously bad at passing the ball this season and anyone saying otherwise is lying to themselves.
So you agree that the line is bad? You really are all over the place.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Our entire starting OL is on the injury report. I hope we have McSorely active because there's a good chance Donald rips off one of Colt's arms.
Well Mcsorley better have some lube cause Donald will then shove Colts arm up his ass lol.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So you agree that the line is bad? You really are all over the place.

I'm not all over the place. I've said numerous time that the O line is crap in the run game.

When I say the O line is not bad it's always in reference to pass pro or most frequently in reply to someone blaming pass pro for Kylers woes.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
OFF TOPIC POST:

I read and can understand what BritCard is saying. He makes a whole lot of sense to me. But, I'm just some old guy who played high school and one year of Junior College football, 50+ years ago. I don't rewatch football games and try to dissect them on here like a lot of you folks. So, take this with a grain of salt.

Now what BC says and what you other people say are the same thing, but yet, different. He is talking about Kyler and the O-line vs pass protection. You other people jump in and start off with other situations, bring in other conditions, etc, in this case mostly run blocking. You jump on him and try to ram your opinions down his throat at every chance you get, seems like too me, just to prove him wrong. Then he, to defend himself, replies further, adding fuel to the fire. On and on. I kind of get tired reading it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson