opTIMism Alert: Cardinals only "1" game back in NFC Wildcard race!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Currently the final NFC Wildcard is being held with a 4-5 record so realistically the Cardinals are very much alive at 3-6! Figured our board could use some positive vibes :)

-Tim in NJ
I think someone could get in with a 9-8 or even an 8-9 record, the NFC has been so poor. Not sure that this team can get there, but of the teams out there, why not?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll give you three reasons why not, they are as follows:
Keim
Kingsbury
Murray

Those three got 11 wins in a MUCH tougher NFC last year. All 3 of these have been poor this year, especially Kyler. With that said, if this team was 25% better on offense, they would probably have another couple of wins.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Those three got 11 wins in a MUCH tougher NFC last year. All 3 of these have been poor this year, especially Kyler. With that said, if this team was 25% better on offense, they would probably have another couple of wins.
Last year is history and doesn't mean squat this year. Ancient history.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think someone could get in with a 9-8 or even an 8-9 record, the NFC has been so poor. Not sure that this team can get there, but of the teams out there, why not?
Because rooting for meaningless wins does nothing but prolongs the inevitable.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because rooting for meaningless wins does nothing but prolongs the inevitable.
I know you like to harp on meaningless wins and tanking and I only agree to a point. Getting a better draft position means little when you don't trust the team drafting the players, does it?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know you like to harp on meaningless wins and tanking and I only agree to a point. Getting a better draft position means little when you don't trust the team drafting the players, does it?
In this sense, tanking means a whole regime change.

If we end up getting blowed out in our losses, I don’t think it’s out for realm of possibility that there won’t be regime change, despite the extensions.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In this sense, tanking means a whole regime change.

If we end up getting blowed out in our losses, I don’t think it’s out for realm of possibility that there won’t be regime change, despite the extensions.
If you would have advocating tanking before Keim/Kliff got 5 year extensions, I would be with you 100%. I think that it is very unlikely there will be a change for at least 2 years.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I really thought Mike Bidwill had more sense than this. Now we know. . .
After watching the dumpster fire he's asking our coaches to explain to him how they're trying to fix the mess. I hope he's not wasting too much of their time....

Last edited:

akg102

Veteran
Reaction score
I really thought Mike Bidwill had more sense than this. Now we know. . .

I really don't think this seems too odd. Imagine this scenario at work -- a week ending, 1hr meeting with the department VP. You summarize what you're seeing out of your team, progress, and next-steps.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose