Offensive share of blame? Poll

Who deserves more share of offensive blame?

• Klff

• Kyler

Results are only viewable after voting.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Genuinely curious. I would probably put it at 50/50 kyler-kliff. Terrible play calling/team management coupled with a QB making bad decisions, moving terribly in pocket, and terrible body language.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Probably not a popular take, but my initial thought was “the offensive line”. We weren’t regarded on one of the better units in the NFL when fully healthy, and they haven’t stayed healthy and have lacked continuity. Kyler clearly doesn’t trust the OL, for good reason, and that probably impacts the play calling. Not saying Kyler/Kliff deserve a pass or anything, all teams deal with injuries, but I think the state of the o-line has significantly impacted both.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Probably not a popular take, but my initial thought was “the offensive line”. We weren’t regarded on one of the better units in the NFL when fully healthy, and they haven’t stayed healthy and have lacked continuity. Kyler clearly doesn’t trust the OL, for good reason, and that probably impacts the play calling. Not saying Kyler/Kliff deserve a pass or anything, all teams deal with injuries, but I think the state of the o-line has significantly impacted both.
I cannot go fully with that because we are losing games due to a lack of discipline across the board removed from just the OL struggling due to depth and constant change ups , you fire Kliff tonight and put Vance in for the remainder of the season

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are stupid. Kyler sets up exactly in the same spot every snap and never moves until the pressure makes him move and then it’s usually too late. He never drifts to the left or right. Never rolls out off of play action.
We threw an awesome crossing route to Moore for about a 15 yard game. NO WAY their guy could stick with Moore. I stated we would not see that play again for two weeks and we did not see it again today.
Yet the Seahawks found a flaw in our armor with a TE and they beat our brain out repeating it.
Kliff runs this offense like a video game. Let’s try this. Let’s try that. Calls screens early in the game on first down before our opponent has even had a chance to establish a pass rush. Does he understand why you would call a screen pass?
I seen this coming before the season started so I’m not shocked. I have been relegated to chart each game by the resulting failures.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I think it's a bad marriage that doesn't work. Get a Lincoln Riley equivalent, and I think Murray is ok.

oooo.. that's an exciting idea.. lol...

But Krang, don't you buy into the idea even a little bit that our o-line is a big part of the problem? I mean today we had a G-C-G combo of (cast off) Ford, (cast off) Price and L. Smith (a freaking 6th round rookie!).

Sure enough, the interior pass protection was bad, and running lanes were all but non-existent.

I'm not a big fan of K2 right now, but he did get us to 7-0 last year, just like K1 did. It's not logical that they both just suddenly became incompetent.

Firing Kliff right now would be a panic move. I think instead we have to hold our nose and wait for Keim to rebuild the online. I could be wrong.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

But Krang, don't you buy into the idea even a little bit that our o-line is a big part of the problem? I mean today we had a G-C-G combo of (cast off) Ford, (cast off) Price and L. Smith (a freaking 6th round rookie!).

Sure enough, the interior pass protection was bad, and running lanes were all but non-existent.

I'm not a big fan of K2 right now, but he did get us to 7-0 last year, just like K1 did. It's not logical that they both just suddenly became incompetent.

Firing Kliff right now would be a panic move. I think instead we have to hold our nose and wait for Keim to rebuild the online. I could be wrong.
If we entered the year with that group, yes, and that would be on Kiem.

We didn't. Injuries and poor planning happened. Teams gotta deal with those. Kyler didn't today. What I mean by that is he didn't make the most out of the opportunities his line did give him. And this is Kyler in a nutshell. He doesn't necessarily "adjust" his game or style of play so when things aren't ideal. That is part of his lack of awareness.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Read @Chopper0080 post.

I don't think the right move is to fire Kliff right now because I don't think the team is any better with Vance and Whipple calling the plays or whoever is tagged.

Being the $250 million man means that Murray needs to play better. There quite a few plays every game that he isn't making. It's honestly not that far off.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Every year we go into the season with a huge deficiency in at least one main area of our team. This year it seems to be the OL again. I don't see how you can judge a QB who has no line in front of him. Just like you can't fairly judge your DBs if you have no pass rush. We seem to always get a piece or two here and there, but never a complete team that compliments each other. I don't think KK or KM would seem so bad if Keim knew how to build a team. We need a good GM to give both KK and KM the right players to work around. Until then, we will always be a mess, swimming upstream, watching the other teams pass us by swimming with the current.

We had so many opportunities to win this game today. If our players can't make plays when given the opportunity, what is a coach or QB to do. I am tired of seeing our players walking back after a play is over tapping their chest saying "that's on me or my fault." Catch the dang ball when it hits you in the hands, make a tackle when you have your arms around a player, and quit taking bad angles, slipping down, and being out of position. How do you coach efficiency? How do you remove ignorance from your players heads during a game? I am convinced with our caliber guys, you have to be a task master who can put the fear of god in your players. We always seem to have too many players who seem to accept their mediocrity. We just have too many losers on our team. Just look at the expressions on their faces sometimes during a game. They look pathetic, confused, sorrowful, and bewildered too often. A sad bunch of characters if you ask me.

Maybe we need to start firing a player or two after each game. Let them know that their job is on the line every single game. Start tomorrow by kicking Anderson out the door. He looks like a total loser. Make a statement. There are lots of guys at home waiting to get a call to play. Many of our guys aren't that good that they can't be replaced.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I would argue that kliff doesnt make it any easier on the line by throwing the ball every down and going no huddle every down. Doesnt adjust to the circumstances

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, does it matter anymore? It's not working. The Cardinals need to fire Keim and Kingsbury. If they could, I'd say move on from Murray too.
I’d give Murray one more year with a new HC. Look what’s happened with Tua. MAYBE that happens here. I doubt it, but you have to give it one more shot with a coach who hasn’t been a total failure everywhere he’s ever coached.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’d give Murray one more year with a new HC. Look what’s happened with Tua. MAYBE that happens here. I doubt it, but you have to give it one more shot with a coach who hasn’t been a total failure everywhere he’s ever coached.

Their GM has been doing really well for them, same with Eagles.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Well if you're going to compare Murray to Tua, Murray has been significantly better than Tua save this season.

Tua has two tremendous weapons and came to a team that was set up really well for success.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Last year's start was a fluke.

Nobody expected it to happen, and they were right not to, because ever since the team has sucked.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Genuinely curious. I would probably put it at 50/50 kyler-kliff. Terrible play calling/team management coupled with a QB making bad decisions, moving terribly in pocket, and terrible body language.
Yeah, I can agree with this. I voted for Kyler because it was an either-or proposition, but this is more what I feel.