Suns updates and discussion for the 2022-23 season

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again... no other team can offer even half that.

Bidding against ourselves is stupid.
GS definitely could using Wiggins as the big piece. He’s as valuable if not more than Bridges, and they have young talent to throw in the mix also.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jaylen Brown is better than our package. So is a Scottie Barnes/OG Anunoby package. Teams will be more desperate at the deadline especially the underperforming playoff teams.
Yup yup.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jaylen Brown is better than our package. So is a Scottie Barnes/OG Anunoby package. Teams will be more desperate at the deadline especially the underperforming playoff teams.

I don't believe that Brown was ever offered and the Raptors made it clear that Barnes is off the table. I also don't think Durant would be willing to play for the city that was cheering when he popped his achillies.

Also, Brown alone is not better than that package.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
GS definitely could using Wiggins as the big piece. He’s as valuable if not more than Bridges, and they have young talent to throw in the mix also.

Wiggins can't be traded, just signed a new deal. The rest of their young guys are crapping the bed.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trading for Durant is a powerful lure and I would do it if the trade were right, but Paul, Booker, Bridges, Cam Johnson and Ayton are not chicken liver.

There will be some good trade opportunities between December 15th and the trade deadline that will not weaken the team.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
perhaps some of you could rehash those old Durant trade arguments in the old Durant trade thread
better yet, not

so far, we're looking even better than last year and we've still got all our first round picks to fill the gaps before the trade deadline. So there's no urgency to add an aging, malcontent, injury prone star who will cut into our team-ball strength

oh, and, it AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN

...and,
even if it was,
but it won't,
it certainly wouldn't be under those old lopsided trade scenarios based on us being in turmoil and Ayton up in the air. We're back on track and the Nets are in the middle of their worst-case scenario -- losing, with Kyrie suspended for more insanity

so, yeah, this post should be moved to the old thread too

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I would trade IF we kept Ayton, Bridges, Booker, and Cam Johnson. I am iffy on CP3. No way Nets take back CP3 anyway. But 4 first round picks is about as good as they are going to do. If I were them I would take expiring contracts in trade because it frees them up for the next season to pursue free agency for whoever they want.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No Cam, No Bridges they had a shot at that, now they just get picks Jae and Dario or piss off.
I'm over Durant, I know the player he is and if it happens great.
But I refuse to get my hopes up again.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No Cam, No Bridges they had a shot at that, now they just get picks Jae and Dario or piss off.
I'm over Durant, I know the player he is and if it happens great.
But I refuse to get my hopes up again.

I am not sure what we offered at the start of this but that offered has expired. Brooklyn is swirling down the toilet. Whatever we offer now should be less than the previous offer. We are winning games and without KD. That mess they have keeps getting bigger.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would trade IF we kept Ayton, Bridges, Booker, and Cam Johnson. I am iffy on CP3. No way Nets take back CP3 anyway. But 4 first round picks is about as good as they are going to do. If I were them I would take expiring contracts in trade because it frees them up for the next season to pursue free agency for whoever they want.
I would give up Cam Johnson. But at this point Mikal, Ayton and Booker are on my do not trade for KD list.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
perhaps some of you could rehash those old Durant trade arguments in the old Durant trade thread
better yet, not

so far, we're looking even better than last year and we've still got all our first round picks to fill the gaps before the trade deadline. So there's no urgency to add an aging, malcontent, injury prone star who will cut into our team-ball strength

oh, and, it AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN

...and,
even if it was,
but it won't,
it certainly wouldn't be under those old lopsided trade scenarios based on us being in turmoil and Ayton up in the air. We're back on track and the Nets are in the middle of their worst-case scenario -- losing, with Kyrie suspended for more insanity

so, yeah, this post should be moved to the old thread too
Can't say I agree with you. I now think KD will be traded by the deadline, and if he is offered up to us, it will be hard for Jones not to make an offer no matter how we are doing at that point.

Reason being I don't think we win the title with this team as is, and I don't think anyone that closely follows the team does.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Not basketball but it’s been 21 years to the day we got our only championship.

This is the closest we’ve been we absolutely have to swing for the fences this year

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Not basketball but it’s been 21 years to the day we got our only championship.

This is the closest we’ve been we absolutely have to swing for the fences this year
I get choked up every single time I see this. I will never forget. The wife and I were watching the game and my baby son at the time was asleep in his car seat. When Gonzo hit the ball I started jumping up and down then my wife and I started cheering. We scared the living crap out of our son and woke him up. LOL.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was observing how the Bucks are the only undefeated team, and how that's probably because they haven't played many games against very\ tough opponents yet.

Then I inevitably noticed that there just aren't many very challenging opponents in the league this year. I've never seen parity like this. Lakers bad; Spurs out of contention; Warriors disappointing...other teams good but not great. lebron james and Kevin Durant are trapped on trash teams.

The Warriors and Celtics will probably have good records by season's end; but currently, the only contender at all besides the Bucks with a record to match is the Suns.
Yes, I have to say I am very surprised by the lack of quality basketball, when in preseason I was expecting an incredibly challenging environment.

I think some teams will get it together and improve as the year goes along.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I get choked up every single time I see this. I will never forget. The wife and I were watching the game and my baby son at the time was asleep in his car seat. When Gonzo hit the ball I started jumping up and down then my wife and I started cheering. We scared the living crap out of our son and woke him up. LOL.
Cheese and I and brother-who-shall-not-post were all at the game. It was surreal. Hazy. As soon as gonzo got the base hit the entire ballpark went totally nutso. We had the wherewithal to throw a disposable camera at the guy sitting in front of us to snap the pic of the three of us. I had that pic included in a display of my two World Series tix and the front page of the Arizona Republic the next day. I had the display hanging in my office at my new employer. My boss told me to take it down asking “why would you hang a photo of you and buddies drunk?” That’s how deliriously joyful we were - we weren’t drunk.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was observing how the Bucks are the only undefeated team, and how that's probably because they haven't played many games against very\ tough opponents yet.

Then I inevitably noticed that there just aren't many very challenging opponents in the league this year. I've never seen parity like this. Lakers bad; Spurs out of contention; Warriors disappointing...other teams good but not great. lebron james and Kevin Durant are trapped on trash teams.

The Warriors and Celtics will probably have good records by season's end; but currently, the only contender at all besides the Bucks with a record to match is the Suns.
Bucks are good.

Its early.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's early and some of the surprise wins and surprise losses are the result of early season conditioning (or lack of) but Cleveland has legitimately been very impressive so far.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cheese and I and brother-who-shall-not-post were all at the game. It was surreal. Hazy. As soon as gonzo got the base hit the entire ballpark went totally nutso. We had the wherewithal to throw a disposable camera at the guy sitting in front of us to snap the pic of the three of us. I had that pic included in a display of my two World Series tix and the front page of the Arizona Republic the next day. I had the display hanging in my office at my new employer. My boss told me to take it down asking “why would you hang a photo of you and buddies drunk?” That’s how deliriously joyful we were - we weren’t drunk.
simultaneously the best and worst picture ever taken of the three of us.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

They've played:

76ers - won by 2
Rockets - eh
Nets - in shambles
Knicks - bit of a challenge
Hawks - eh
Pistons 2X - really eh

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to about 20 games that season. My cousin owned a brokerage and had 8 seats on the baseline. It was freaking magical.