Suns updates and discussion for the 2022-23 season

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just checked the game log… we didn’t even play on April 12, 2021.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For what it is worth, Jae Crowder did have 8 threes against the Rockets on 4-12-2021.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I swear I don’t have anything against Crowder but as the season continues and he keeps tweeting crap like this makes me dislike him more. Sort of the same way I started to dislike Patrick Peterson.

Just go about your merry way.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Based on the (small) sample so far, I think this season's bench is probably the best Suns bench since 2010.
Yeah I don't think so. I know they have done well so far but just having Cam off the bench makes last 2 years bench better.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Based on the (small) sample so far, I think this season's bench is probably the best Suns bench since 2010.
Yeah I don't think so. I know they have done well so far but just having Cam off the bench makes last 2 years bench better.

Best starters in the last 3 years, with the removal of J(ealous) Crowder and adding Cam.

The bench seems to have more chemistry this year, imo its all Landale who makes the second unit gel so well. He's definitely more versatile than McGee, and allows Craig to play more free. I think Lee provides a bit of an edge to that group as well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Jae Crowder would be in better basketball shape if he were actually playing in NBA games.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dario, fans love you and haven't forgotten. Stay positive.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By Duane Rankin, Arizona Republic:

“DAR-I-O! DAR-I-O! DAR-I-O!”

Saric felt the love – and greatly appreciated it after not playing for five games.

“It’s just amazing,” Saric said. “I want to say thank you to all of them. They’re fantastic and have been supporting me on this journey. Every time I come in, the applause is just amazing. Just really means a lot for me. I’m so happy. Really nice crowd. They respect me and I respect them so much. They’re amazing.”

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Monty wants MORE shooters, so Ben Simmons makes ZERO sense for us.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Welcome to Phoenix.

:sarcasm:
This probably means that the Nets offered Simmons to the Suns for Booker, the Suns hung up, and someone with the Nets decided to leak it just to make it sound like they're trying to do something.
Actually it’s the nets. They likely asked for more than booker.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope DeAndre Ayton comes back only when he's 100 percent. With the team's good record and performance, there is no need for him to play hurt early in the season.

However, with his un-ambitious personality, I don't suppose that would be a problem. Paul might demand to play at 75 percent. Ayton...not sure.

How can you call this guy un-ambitious?

Don’t compare me to Ayton I play defense- Joel Embiid.

Ayton has gone from lost on defense to flat out great of defense.

His offense has improved dramatically his shooting percentages have sky rocketed

Yes he’s a finesse center it’s just who he is but he’s certainly put in the work

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m just saying

PHX gets:
KD

Nets:
Bridges
Crowder
Saric
4 1st
3 swaps

Make it happen JJ

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m just saying

PHX gets:
KD

Nets:
Bridges
Crowder
Saric
4 1st
3 swaps

Make it happen JJ

Good lord that is a horrendous overpay. No other team could offer up even half that trade value.

Every single time a team has made one of these "give up 7 years of the draft" trades they have gone onto vehemently regret it.

Crowder, Saric, Cam Johnson, 2 firsts... that is the absolute limit and it's well beyond what anyone else could offer, it's probably an overpay.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good lord that is a horrendous overpay. No other team could offer up even half that trade value.

Every single time a team has made one of these "give up 7 years of the draft" trades they have gone onto vehemently regret it.

Crowder, Saric, Cam Johnson, 2 firsts... that is the absolute limit and it's well beyond what anyone else could offer, it's probably an overpay.

It's not going to work salarywise and I wouldn't trade Bridges in the other proposed trade.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I’m just saying

PHX gets:
KD

Nets:
Bridges
Crowder
Saric
4 1st
3 swaps

Make it happen JJ
Yes I would trade all our picks, two nobodies and a high-end role player for KD, even though he’s entering his “twilight”. It would give us the best shot at a title while CP is still hanging on.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes I would trade all our picks, two nobodies and a high-end role player for KD, even though he’s entering his “twilight”. It would give us the best shot at a title while CP is still hanging on.

Again... no other team can offer even half that.

Bidding against ourselves is stupid.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same. In a heartbeat.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Again... no other team can offer even half that.

Bidding against ourselves is stupid.
Jaylen Brown is better than our package. So is a Scottie Barnes/OG Anunoby package. Teams will be more desperate at the deadline especially the underperforming playoff teams.