It was a loss

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We led this game in the third quarter. Then immediately imploded with turnovers. The muffed punt was a killer. Plenty of mistakes but that one tore your heart out.

Worse than that we led and then the D immediately let them go 8 plays 75 yards to take the lead back. Then the INT down 11, we score down 4. We get a fumble and then 2nd down late pass dropped by Rondale. 3rd down C snaps the ball while nobody is ready and we have to kick a FG.

Then we get a 3 and out and Dortch muffs the punt, ballgame.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What do you think franchise should do?
Make a couple of trades before the deadline & then win next week. Then they’re 1 game out & anything can happen. At this point, what else can you do. They’re not going to fire Kliff during the season. Both OL & DL stink. And there‘s no accountability because NO ONE on our sideline fears KK the puss.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Make a couple of trades before the deadline & then win next week. Then they’re 1 game out & anything can happen. At this point, what else can you do. They’re not going to fire Kliff during the season. Both OL & DL stink. And there‘s no accountability because NO ONE on our sideline fears KK the puss.
I agree. Let's give a few trades and see if they improve else clean house.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yep, most of us are getting bored of the same old sheeat. Unlikely we make the playoffs 2 games user .500 midway through the season.
Yup, less people at State Farm trend will accelerate now. Wild card is what will happen to season ticket sales next year

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It's not even about this season though... it's about the long term future this franchise mind-bogglingly has locked themselves into for the next six years. This is what we've got.

Like, if this were the make or break year for Kliff, Keim, and Kyler, more of us might care. But why bother with trades or anything? This isn't a team built to go anywhere big. If we back into a wild card... meh.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
14 Fb Carrie’s to 44 passes -of course it’s a loss

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Not a lot of posts today post game by volume. Fan apathy setting in.
I noticed that too, I was looking around and realized I what's the point? Every thread is going to be like the previous weeks threads, nothing new and nothing will change, this is who we are and that's not changing anytime soon either, so yeah I would say apathy is a great way to describe it lol

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The losing makes me more interested in Hard Knocks than if we started like last year. The things I am least sure about with this team is how Kliff and Kyler handle adversity and I'm hoping Hard Knocks shows that.

In this particular loss the offense was better (outside the run game) and the defense was worse. But the game was there to win, we lost it because of dumb mistakes which are all on the players.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's not even about this season though... it's about the long term future this franchise mind-bogglingly has locked themselves into for the next six years. This is what we've got.

Like, if this were the make or break year for Kliff, Keim, and Kyler, more of us might care. But why bother with trades or anything? This isn't a team built to go anywhere big. If we back into a wild card... meh.
This team has enough talent to turn this around quickly. The problem is that we suck in the trenches. Show me a team with a crappy line on both sides of the ball, and I’ll show you a bad football team. I don’t see us backing into a wildcard with a 3-5 record. The only chance we have is to beat the Seahawks next week & somehow manage to win the NFCW. If we lose to Seattle, KK might want to consider putting his house on the market.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How does everyone feel Josh Jones did at LT?

Had you not told me Hump wasn't playing I wouldn't have known.

I don;t know if that's good for Jones or bad for Hump but the left tackle play seemed normal level.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Had you not told me Hump wasn't playing I wouldn't have known.

I don;t know if that's good for Jones or bad for Hump but the left tackle play seemed normal level.
It was not good. DJH is a better player.