If I could ask Kliff questions at the presser

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why after it worked so well last week did you barely move D Hop around?

Why do we never play under C is that you or is that Kyler?

Why do your trick plays never work and yet SF can get a guy midweek and a week later CMC is throwing a TD pass?

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Why do your trick plays never work and yet SF can get a guy midweek and a week later CMC is throwing a TD pass?
1. It’s something we saw on tape, but I gotta do a better job of putting our guys in position to succeed.

2. It’s something we’ve looked at and discussed as an offense. Everything is on the table moving forward.

3. Ya, I can’t comment on what other teams are doing, but tip your cap to them.

How’d I do?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When Kliff was hired, I would have took him for a lot of things, but I would have never took him as stubborn.

The fact he went away from barely moving Hop around to a major decrease in pre-snap motion makes my blood boil.

Last edited:

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
1. It’s something we saw on tape, but I gotta do a better job of putting our guys in position to succeed.

2. It’s something we’ve looked at and discussed as an offense. Everything is on the table moving forward.

3. Ya, I can’t comment on what other teams are doing, but tip your cap to them.

How’d I do?
You channeled your inner Kliff beautifully.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd wanna know why we throw so many stinking passes at or behind the line of scrimmage. :( :bang:

Even that though. The Rams have thrown so many screens today against SF it's crazy but most of them have worked. Why? In part because they are not predictable because they don't run every play from the gun.

It's hard to do creative stuff from the gun on every play our motion guys are running behind a qb in the gun it takes FAR longer for them to get back to the LOS.

I am not saying if go under center everything gets fixed but I really want to know is that Kliff or is that kyler because it kills our ability to do play action

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Even that though. The Rams have thrown so many screens today against SF it's crazy but most of them have worked. Why? In part because they are not predictable because they don't run every play from the gun.

It's hard to do creative stuff from the gun on every play our motion guys are running behind a qb in the gun it takes FAR longer for them to get back to the LOS.

I am not saying if go under center everything gets fixed but I really want to know is that Kliff or is that kyler because it kills our ability to do play action
It’s beyond than though bro.. did you see on that Last drive on I believe it was 2nd down, while in shot gun we have Dortch motion BEHIND KYLER, as if there was any possibilty
We would be doing a deep WR sweep 80 yards out w zero time outs on 2nd and 10?

I mean this is just WILDLY amateur stuff

Last edited:

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The under center issue just baffles me. Easier to run from it and play action with Kyler rolling out helps with controlling pass rush. When it is third and 1 and we are in the gun it drives me crazy.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd wanna know why we throw so many stinking passes at or behind the line of scrimmage. :( :bang:
Kliff sees college teams doing that all the time so he is encouraged it will work against NFL defenses

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I 100% believe it is a Kyler request and Kliff cowtows to the request. They both blow

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Kliff looks to me like a guy trying to get fired. Coach contracts are guaranteed so the idea of collecting 6-8mil a year from michael while he works as an analyst might be appealing to him.

This season is clearly the worst coaching job he has done since he was hired.

If i were mike i would demote him. Promote VJ to HC and hire a new defensive coordinator.

See how that works to finish the season.
If it dont work, demote him again to RB coach and see how he does with that.
If he dont like it he is always free to void his contract and resign.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson