Kyler Murray does not care about Kingsbury's job

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just think it's a guy who wants to win and still cares. I don't see it as a huge issue. Don't really know what happened but the assumption is Kliff was animated before the mic cut and Kyler came back at him.
This. Much ado about very little. We scored the next play.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I loved it Krang. The other attempts of communicating apparently have failed and damn it, this is football, and it was so nice to see our franchise QB show he gives a damn. Kliff and Kyler are very subtle with their mannerisms and felt great to see that passion. I agree that there is blame on Kyler but something like this is productive because the other crap of 'ho hum' this does not work in an intense sport like this does not work... coach and QB need to put down their defenses and get out of their freaking shell
How I interpreted the situation is that Kliff was pissed and screaming at Murray for some screw up. And it was good for the passion of Murray to come out. No sulking. All heart.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kliff ain't perfect but after last night he has a winning record. How many times have fans here had a coach that has a winning record in season 4?

If you're younger that 50 it's 2 besides Kliff. BA and Whiz. If you're a bit older then you can add in Coryell.

That's it. How about we give him a chance?
It's about 4 1/2 years now. How long a chance do you give him? He still has the same issues in year 4 he had in year 1. I don't blame it all on Kliff, as your other thread shows a lot is on Kyler too. But, Kliff is a sub par NFL HEAD COACH so far IMO.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get that. I was referring to what KM said about calming him down. He could have done the same thing with his helmet on but no, look at me on the national stage.
You think he thought about taking off his helmet so people would look at him on the national stage? That is some next level marketing.

If he could think that many chess moves ahead, he will have no problem reading defenses going forward.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every player knows you can leave your lid on and knaw that ass/give the guy a what for and it’s not caught on camera/noticed by anybody.

Kyler knew what he was doing, bottom line (especially on national TV).

I’m not trying to be Mitch, but there is a reason BB and the Pats are so successful- EVERYTHING goes through BB.

I’ve been fortunate to be able to learn some great leadership lessons lately without having my skin in the game.

Leadership is about making tough decisions that aren’t going to be popular with everyone- it’s impossible to be a good leader and not piss people off.

It’s not just KK. MB is a tool, SK is probably the strongest of all the culprits, KK is a beta male, and Kyler is a punk. Complete lack of leadership in this organization.

In the end, it all comes down to MB/the Bidwill dynasty.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This was funny. GMF this morning.

Hop's game day fit is just *chef's kiss*. THIS GUY GETS IT.

People don’t like it when he “sulks” now people don’t like it when he shows emotion. Definitely sensing some undertones…

This isn't fair. There are good times to show emotion and there are bad times. The two options aren't head down and screaming at your coach on national TV. IMO the raising your hands at Billy Price on the bad snap is similar showing emotions in a way that shows up someone else. Yell at Billy with your helmet on and no one knows the difference.

Peyton Manning was incredible at this, honestly. Kyler has to learn to pick his spots.

You really should be listening to 98.7. This is being lauded as a positive

OF COURSE IT IS.

They literally just played the comments from Murray, Kliff, and Hopkins.

Murray: He was animated and I told him to calm down.

Kliff: Kyler told me I looked bad on national TV and to calm down and I didn't like that.

Dhop: They argue like a marriage

All laughs after a win, obviously. I'm sure that the media guy was in their ear letting Kliff and Kyler know that A Thing was coming.

To the OP it's obvious that Kyler doesn't have any respect for Kliff. I have little doubt that yelling into his ear from the sideline is not the way to get through to an introvert like Kyler. I have the same problem with my daughter when we're trying to leave the house in the morning.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You think he thought about taking off his helmet so people would look at him on the national stage? That is some next level marketing.

If he could think that many chess moves ahead, he will have no problem reading defenses going forward.
Dude if you don't understand that this is why players take off their helmets on the field I have nothing to tell you.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
This isn't fair. There are good times to show emotion and there are bad times. The two options aren't head down and screaming at your coach on national TV. IMO the raising your hands at Billy Price on the bad snap is similar showing emotions in a way that shows up someone else. Yell at Billy with your helmet on and no one knows the difference.

Peyton Manning was incredible at this, honestly. Kyler has to learn to pick his spots.

100%

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude if you don't understand that this is why players take off their helmets on the field I have nothing to tell you.
Players take off their helmets all the time when they are angry. They don't all do it for attention. If you can't see that, I have nothing to tell you.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Pick his spot? You mean after the 2nd wasted time out of the half and the umpteeth of the season?

Which led to them scoring on the very next play?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Players take off their helmets all the time when they are angry. They don't all do it for attention. If you can't see that, I have nothing to tell you.
Players who take off their helmets are often angry, but not all angry players take off their helmets.

It's a sign of Kyler's continuing immaturity and lack of self-awareness that stuff like this keeps happening. When you're the quarter-billion-dollar QB, you're always on camera.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Players who take off their helmets are often angry, but not all angry players take off their helmets.

It's a sign of Kyler's continuing immaturity and lack of self-awareness that stuff like this keeps happening. When you're the quarter-billion-dollar QB, you're always on camera.
Players who take off their helmets are often angry, but not all angry players take off their helmets for attention.

It's a sign of Kylerr not doing the right thing no matter what he does to some people.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How I interpreted the situation is that Kliff was pissed and screaming at Murray for some screw up. And it was good for the passion of Murray to come out. No sulking. All heart.
Eh. I'm on the fence with this.

Kliff is not like an old school coach, you try doing that to one of them and he would be benched.

I think it really shows Kliff does not have much power over Kyler, which probably isn't a good thing. On the other hand I don't have much respect for Kliff either so I can kind of understand Murray acting like that.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score

Yes, I do. I majored in marketing. :)

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Burning the timeout was on Kyler and the freak out was on Kingsbury

Kingsbury has been responsible for numerous wasted time outs so Kyler likely didn't take kindly to the freak out, especially if Kyler felt it was necessary and that everything was under control

Everything was under control btw

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I believe it’s a worse look for Kliff than it is Kyler, considering a lot of media members doesn’t respect Kliff anyway. If this was John Harbaugh or Mike Vrabel then yea it would look worse for Kyler.

It's a bad look for both of them; it's not like Kyler has a pristine rep in the league, either.

The whole thing makes the Cards sideline look like a Keystone Kops operation, and we'll all have forgotten about this in two weeks, anyway.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a bad look for both of them; it's not like Kyler has a pristine rep in the league, either.

The whole thing makes the Cards sideline look like a Keystone Kops operation, and we'll all have forgotten about this in two weeks, anyway.
This is probably the most accurate take on that dust up.

Right now, both Kliff and Kyler are kinda looked at like jokes. That moment didn’t make either of them look any better.

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
Cardinals had two pick 6's in this game and won by less than 14 points which means we still lost the game on offense
Exactly. We still got outscored. The Defense won this game. It was fun to watch and it's a legit team win, but the Offense got bailed out big time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA