49ers trade for McCaffrey

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
funny how -- nah, we dont want him turns into

darn, the 49ers got him

my take was always the Panthers would dump his salary and trade him for a 5th, and you could cut him before the big cap hits start

with what the 49ers gave up, they are keeping him next year

its the classic: when healthy.....

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah if he stays healthy and they get their defense back healthy they're IMO the favorite. But that's a lot of ifs.

I told you earlier though that was the talk in the bay area either 49ers or Broncos.

I'm pissed I have Jeff Wilson in my fantasy team his value just went to zero

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like they beat out the Rams for him.
If he stays healthy this makes SF the best offense in the division IMO

If the offense and defense is healthy they're the best team in the NFC IMO. But they have SEVEN starters out on defense right now and 2-3 of those are out for the year.

The key for them is the LT if they get him back soon, he started practicing this week, that really helps their offense.

CMC is just perfect in that offense such a great receiver too. But as always he has stay healthy

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If the 49ers can get healthy and stay healthy they look like they should be the favorite to be the NFC representative for the Superbowl. That's a very big if though

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My 49er fan friends in the Bay Area NOT at all happy with giving up that much draft capital for a guy who clearly has his best years behind him. That's too much to give up to not keep him around next year, and he's got a big cap number then. If this bombs AND if Trey Lance also bombs - they will have given up a metric buttload of draft capital in vain.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 49er fan friends in the Bay Area NOT at all happy with giving up that much draft capital for a guy who clearly has his best years behind him. That's too much to give up to not keep him around next year, and he's got a big cap number then. If this bombs AND if Trey Lance also bombs - they will have given up a metric buttload of draft capital in vain.

As they said tonight they went all in on this year with CMC.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
From Bay Area season ticket holder buddy, in reply to me talking about this being an all-in-for-this-year move:

"49ers will not win it all. Both offensive tackles out and the two guards and center had five NFL starts between them. Meanwhile every starter on the defensive line is hurt. 7 out of 11 defensive starters are out of injuries. McCaffrey will probably go down within a few weeks. I love this team, but you might have to huf up another bong hit and watch reruns of Montana/Young to Rice if you want to see the 49ers winning."

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I love it Thts a lot of draft capitol for a recently oft injured RB…. I have to decide if he’s playable this week in fantasy lol
I think I'm benching him in dynasty... but I have Aaron Jones, Rhamondre, Dameon Pierce, Dobbins, Mattison, and Mike Boone. In redraft, I think he's gotta be in the consideration set.

K1Day1

Veteran
Reaction score
3 years ago it would be time to panic if you're a Cards fan but, the last couple of years, CMAC has had a very hard time staying healthy and staying on the field. The 49ers have had an injury prone back field the last few years. Not sure if this helps them.