Kyler Murray does not care about Kingsbury's job

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
It was a players only meaning. Not sure how much more you need from that.
Teams in all sports have players only meetings and it has nothing to do with being sick of a coach and everything to do with being frustrated with losing...and holding themselves accountable on the field.

I think there is a rift with KK and KM, but to say they are turning the team against him is a very large stretch.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Everyone knew coming in Kliff was on the hot seat. If that's the case and you're trying to save your coach's job, you don't publicly berate them during a timeout on a nationally televised game

Hopkins even tried to cool Murray out. Hopkins hasn't played all year though, Kyler basically looked at Hopkins and said "you don't even know"

It's clear Kyler Murray is tired of losing. And it's also clear he's tired of Kliff Kingsbury
Uh, this is sort of, well reading a little too much into the situation. The situation is not about putting on the perfect image and I doubt Kyler was caring about anything but winning the game, as Kliff and both could care less about what was a form a communication and hardly not something one sees from Warner to Brady and others at times... actually, I think Kliff was probably happy to see his QB have an emotive pulse

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Anytime management is locked out of a team meeting it's directly about management.

I say that as a top level manager.
Considering their execution for most of the games they should have another meeting about themselves, but if what you say is true, then these children wouldn't be mature enough to figure that out.

What's whining in a player's meeting going to accomplish?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Employees only hold employee only meetings due to the inability of top level management to provide proper direction.

There is no sugar coating that.

Further, you had a very public dustup on national TV just one game later after this players only meeting between top level employee and management.

Then an employee goes on national TV and tells everyone they had a players only meeting where said top level employee was asked to take a leadership role.

This is crystal clear

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Considering their execution for most of the games they should have another meeting about themselves, but if what you say is true, then these children wouldn't be mature enough to figure that out.

What's whining in a player's meeting going to accomplish?

Apparently a home win

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can absolutely lay blame on the employees for prior team performance but this team is shouting that they think it's a management issue

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
It's not a good look. That was a very 1 sided conversation, save it for the locker room.
No, you get it out right then and there. You are trying to win a game. One moment also does not define a relationship... especially when the viewer is limited to a majority of the actual discussions

CardsFan1399

Rookie
Reaction score
Any chance that players only meeting with Kyler taking the lead (at D Hops urging) was D Hops’ way of telling Kyler to get his head out of His arse and lead the team? I’m not sure going off on the coach was what D Hop had in mind, but maybe Kyler starts to step it up a little.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
After watching that post game interview its clear to me that Hopkins deserves every dollar he is receiving from this team. He made Kyler get up in front of the team and talk to them. He said he thought it needed to happen. I think that players only meeting has less to do with coaching and more to do with Hopkins being the only person in the building with the pedigree and ability to tell Kyler Murray what mistakes he is making and what he needs to communicate to his teammates as a leader. Kyler's post-game interview was also one of his best interviews and he directly used the "I" word that everybody has been wanting.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Any chance that players only meeting with Kyler taking the lead (at D Hops urging) was D Hops’ way of telling Kyler to get his head out of His arse and lead the team? I’m not sure going off on the coach was what D Hop had in mind, but maybe Kyler starts to step it up a little.

Yes

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
After watching that post game interview its clear to me that Hopkins deserves every dollar he is receiving from this team. He made Kyler get up in front of the team and talk to them. He said he thought it needed to happen. I think that players only meeting has less to do with coaching and more to do with Hopkins being the only person in the building with the pedigree and ability to tell Kyler Murray what mistakes he is making and what he needs to communicate to his teammates as a leader. Kyler's post-game interview was also one of his best interviews and he directly used the "I" word that everybody has been wanting.
Agree

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA