Colin Opening His Show Talking About Kingsbury

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol Sean Payton isn’t coming here. And I don’t want him.
Double this.

The best the Cards could do right now is probably pull in a different college coach to get Kyler on track. Do we really want to see that again?

OP
OP
R

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
And the whole Bounty gate situation all together which went on for quite some time not just the playoff game and he allowed it…
Bounty Gate was bad, but let's not pretend that it wasn't something that went on in lots of locker rooms for decades, because it did and probably still does to a certain level.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think Payton can at least walk up to Murray and say:

"I have won Super Bowls. I have taken a discarded short QB and made him an all time great. I have designed plays to get the most out of a QBs mobility."

I'd be scared of getting another Denny Green though.

OP
OP
R

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

"I have won Super Bowls. I have taken a discarded short QB and made him an all time great. I have designed plays to get the most out of a QBs mobility."

Scared of having probably the best judge of talent this team has seen, since it relocated to AZ? I still think Leinart would have had a decent career under Denny.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bounty Gate was bad, but let's not pretend that it wasn't something that went on in lots of locker rooms for decades, because it did and probably still does to a certain level.

Don’t care he’s the one that got caught. And did literally nothing to deter the practice. I know it’s not my choice but if it’s up to me he can find employment elsewhere if he wants it.

That’s totally akin to my kid coming home and saying daddy but everybody else In the class did it… I don’t care what everybody else did I only care what’s happening under my roof.

Last edited:

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I'm going to say something here and it likely will not be received well lol

We don't need a head coach to be our offensive coordinator. We need a offensive coordinator who Kyler Murray can flourish under

We need someone who worked successfully with Russell Wilson

Someone who knows how to gel an offensive line with Kyler Murray's play style in an NFL setting. Someone who can design more than one option in a option.
Someone who has hot routes, deep routes and designed comebacks all accounted for in a single play allowing Murray to freestyle or scramble. Someone who doesn't get his ideas from Madden 2017.
We watched Wilson kick our ass for years, sure would be nice to return the favor

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

I wondered if Payton and Kyler may've crossed paths back in the day when Payton was working as QB coach of the Cowboys, but that was a really, really long time ago.

LOL at this part of Payton's PFR page:

You must be registered for see images attach

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'm going to say something here and it likely will not be received well lol

We don't need a head coach to be our offensive coordinator. We need a offensive coordinator who Kyler Murray can flourish under

We need someone who worked successfully with Russell Wilson

Someone who knows how to gel an offensive line with Kyler Murray's play style in an NFL setting. Someone who can design more than one option in a option.
Someone who has hot routes, deep routes and designed comebacks all accounted for in a single play allowing Murray to freestyle or scramble. Someone who doesn't get his ideas from Madden 2017.
We watched Wilson kick our ass for years, sure would be nice to return the favor
First, no one has worked successfully with Russell Wilson.

Second, the Cards have been pretty competitive against ol' Russ. He's 11-8-1 against the Cards for his career and a 96.7 passer rating. That's way below his career averages.

Third, I think the past four years Kyler has been playing with Russ's playbook: Dumpoffs and deep passes down the sideline. Neither are having much success with that model right now, and both are seeming to be pretty resistant to trying anything different.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

an important quote (bolded mine):

"The team announced that the contracts last through 2027. No one ever reported (i.e., no agent ever leaked) the value of the contracts. Even then, there’s a chance that not all (or even not most) of the two contracts are guaranteed."

my contention has been that the Kliff extension was an attempt to let Murray know that he and Kliff were on equal footing -- and if you give it to Kliff, you have to give it to Keim.

but what if a 5 year extension is really a two year extension with 3 un-guaranteed years?

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Given Colin's relationship with Keim I wonder if this take- Payton is on their wish list is real. He'd be expensive in both draft choice and salary compensation

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Given Colin's relationship with Keim I wonder if this take- Payton is on their wish list is real. He'd be expensive in both draft choice and salary compensation
Once this season is over I don’t think draft picks are a concern anymore? Am I wrong?

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
First, no one has worked successfully with Russell Wilson.

Second, the Cards have been pretty competitive against ol' Russ. He's 11-8-1 against the Cards for his career and a 96.7 passer rating. That's way below his career averages.

Third, I think the past four years Kyler has been playing with Russ's playbook: Dumpoffs and deep passes down the sideline. Neither are having much success with that model right now, and both are seeming to be pretty resistant to trying anything different.
Nobody's been successful with Russell Wilson? Coulda swore he won a Superbowl lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose