Suns updates and discussion for the 2022-23 season

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Am I crazy for thinking this.. I saw that D Russ didn’t get an extension. I would try to move CP3 and some assets for him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I crazy for thinking this.. I saw that D Russ didn’t get an extension. I would try to move CP3 and some assets for him.

I remember when there was some fan talk of trying to unite Devin Booker, Karl-Anthony Towns and D'Angelo Russell on the same team.

Supposedly they are good friends. I don't hear about that anymore.

I'm not a fan of Russell, but the Suns are going to have to find a point guard to replace Chris Paul in the not too distant future.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Russell, but the Suns are going to have to find a point guard to replace Chris Paul in the not too distant future.

Thats my thoughts. We have no answer to CP3's replacement. I would try to offer CP3, Crowder and picks.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats my thoughts. We have no answer to CP3's replacement. I would try to offer CP3, Crowder and picks.

Since D'Angelo Russell will be a free agent this coming summer, it's probably best to wait and see how this season plays out with the Suns. Also, there may be options at the trade deadline if things unravel.

Maybe Chris Paul has more left in the tank than we think.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Since D'Angelo Russell will be a free agent this coming summer, it's probably best to wait and see how this season plays out with the Suns. Also, there may be options at the trade deadline if things unravel.

Maybe Chris Paul has more left in the tank than we think.

I like the optimism but he's more and more done. He's been hurt in the post season the past two years, and seems to get covid around that time too although i'm hoping covid will less of an excuse this post season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the optimism but he's more and more done. He's been hurt in the post season the past two years, and seems to get covid around that time too although i'm hoping covid will less of an excuse this post season.

Almost have to take the optimistic approach unless one is willing to accept the Suns window has closed.

I'm really close, but I'm reluctant to give up the dream just yet. Still hoping James Jones can pull off a miracle.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Just put Chris in the bubble during the playoffs! Also, cryo baths, oxygen beds, diet of EVERY Super Food, with doctors from Eastern medicine, Western medicine, Sedona New Age Healing, Acupuncture, Acupressure, etc. Just do it!

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just put Chris in the bubble during the playoffs! Also, cryo baths, oxygen beds, diet of EVERY Super Food, with doctors from Eastern medicine, Western medicine, Sedona New Age Healing, Acupuncture, Acupressure, etc. Just do it!

cmon we all know we love Sedona for the energy vortex...and aliens

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
cmon we all know we love Sedona for the energy vortex...and aliens
You do mean "Aliens that the Democrats have opened up the doors to our boarders, flooding in and taking money from YOUR paycheck!" Sorry, the political ads are driving me nuts right now. This is NOT a political post, and is not paid for or endorsed by me.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Jones is on Arizona Sports... NOW.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Jones was so noncommittal in the interview.

Your Honor, may I ask for permission to treat him as a hostile witness. (sarcasm)

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Jones is on Arizona Sports... NOW.

Has he said anything worth listening to?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It felt like James Jones did everything but take the 5th Amendment.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Almost have to take the optimistic approach unless one is willing to accept the Suns window has closed.

I'm really close, but I'm reluctant to give up the dream just yet. Still hoping James Jones can pull off a miracle.

We have a bunch of really good players who are not even in their primes yet. The window isn't even remotely closed.

I think making the finals really skewed perception here and somehow made it seem like we need to rush things.

We have all our picks, we have a very good young core, we're (likely) to have a very positive change in ownership. This team is setup to be in the mix for a long time.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I remember when there was some fan talk of trying to unite Devin Booker, Karl-Anthony Towns and D'Angelo Russell on the same team.
i remember. Suns mgmt wasn't up for it and neither was i because, as i said, none of those 3 friends were smart or defensive players. Booker has progressed. the other 2, not so much, if at all

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i too don't have great expectations for Paul this season.
but last season i agree with a couple of analysts who said "Booker was the Suns best player but Paul was probably the Suns most valuable player."

and he did also put the Suns on his back the first round of the playoffs when Booker went out
(no one mentions that Booker has had as many health issues the past 2 seasons and post seasons)

i can argue with the perceptions of the past, but not with father time and it's likely effect on Paul

the main point is, that given how valuable he was at 36, it's probably a mistake to over discount him at 37

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Without a big move it’s 100% closed.

Paul will be 38 come playoffs and in his entire career he’s come up short time and time again when it mattered most. You’d be crazy to still be counting on that guy

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Without a big move it’s 100% closed.

Paul will be 38 come playoffs and in his entire career he’s come up short time and time again when it mattered most. You’d be crazy to still be counting on that guy
Yes and no. Without a viable CP3 we wouldn't be a contender but we wouldn't be back in rebuild mode either, we'd just need to add a quality PG. And with multiple draft picks available, we should be able to make that happen. It might take a mediocre year or two to be relevant again but it shouldn't take longer unless we're unlucky, incompetent, or cheap.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yes and no. Without a viable CP3 we wouldn't be a contender but we wouldn't be back in rebuild mode either, we'd just need to add a quality PG. And with multiple draft picks available, we should be able to make that happen. It might take a mediocre year or two to be relevant again but it shouldn't take longer unless we're unlucky, incompetent, or cheap.
Agreed. In fact, unless there was a bizarro no brainer kid at another position that slid to us, I’d take nothing but high ceiling point guards with all our coming drafts picks hoping to hit on one. Use the MLE to sign an older vet pg to keep us competitive.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed. In fact, unless there was a bizarro no brainer kid at another position that slid to us, I’d take nothing but high ceiling point guards with all our coming drafts picks hoping to hit on one. Use the MLE to sign an older vet pg to keep us competitive.

Competitive and championship are two very different levels.

By the time some high ceiling draft pick develops this team would of been broken up just because of money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA