Cardinals get Robbie Anderson

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A 6th and 7th is basically free. It's bottle tops. People put way too much value in those late picks.

Sure but it's entirely possible we'll have 1 if not 2 guys drafted then in 2022 starting on our OL next year, Lecitus Smith in 6 and marquis Hayes in 7. That's not normal and we don't know for sure but you can get a good player there now and then and that's why the rest of the league was waiting for Carolina to cut Anderson

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
There’s not much chance Anderson is here next year. In the meantime he’s highly motivated to show up Carolina and position himself for a free agent contract. I’m not certain if his skills have atrophied, but the Cards figure to get the best he has. However, if Murray throws like he did Sunday, no WR would be a difference maker.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I think we cut AJ Green next week.

Why?
Robby Anderson plays the same role -basically on the same side.
Green is a liability - the defense doesn't need to account for him.
He has 1.2m in dead money in 2023/2024 regardless if we cut him now or at the end of the season.
Opens up the door for Dortch to play more - unless their is something going on with him. Weird how he fell off the map so quickly.
Laquan Treadwell is on the PS - dude could replace Green's lack of production if needed.
Team needs to shake some stuff up.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Why?
He has 1.2m in dead money in 2023/2024 regardless if we cut him now or at the end of the season.
Opens up the door for Dortch to play more - unless their is something going on with him. Weird how he fell off the map so quickly.
Laquan Treadwell is on the PS - dude could replace Green's lack of production if needed.

I think he stays. He's already paid and with Brown and Tweezy out we have no depth at outside receiver.

They might cut him when Brown comes back but by then it's week 12/13 so probably hangs around until the end of the season.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Why?

So there's virtually no benefit from cutting AJ, and we all know that no one will get hurt between now and game #17 so let's cut him. OK - fine.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Why are you blaming AJ in this sheet show ? Get a grip, he has plenty left as future hof wr At 3.5 mill! He pulls decent coverage away from others, and had a huge average last year. I’m glad and got his back, thank him for being a card. I’m glad Anderson came here! Sound like you don’t know what the heck would please you all. Of course we want to win, kyler and kliff are off, it happens. Put all your eggs in Dhops basket and they will be broke too. Our top rbs are down, are top wrs are down, but I do believe they can turn it up, hopefully before it’s too late, cause the division is down too!

be bold , be aggressive, kick some AZ!

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Given that his salary is guaranteed, I see no point in letting him go.

10 catches for 56 yards and not a threat to the defense.

Who would you rather have starting/getting the snaps at WR in Green's role...Anderson or Green?
Who would you rather the ball go to after that...Dortch or Green?

We can agree to disagree.

You must be registered for see images attach

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
10 catches for 56 yards and not a threat to the defense.

Who would you rather have starting/getting the snaps at WR in Green's role...Anderson or Green?
Who would you rather the ball go to after that...Dortch or Green?

We can agree to disagree.

You must be registered for see images attach

Anderson is here because Hollywood is out. I see AJ as the backup to Dhop and Anderson at this point, and Dortch is battling Moore for snaps. When Hollywood is back, we can talk.

P.S. Without a critical catch by AJ (the guy who's done nothing) against the Raiders we're 1-5.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Anderson is here because Hollywood is out. I see AJ as the backup to Dhop and Anderson at this point, and Dortch is battling Moore for snaps. When Hollywood is back, we can talk.

P.S. Without a critical catch by AJ (the guy who's done nothing) against the Raiders we're 1-5.
He also dropped every other pass.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave