Cardinals get Robbie Anderson

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Did he not vastly under throw a desperation pass, forcing Hollywood to try come back and get it resulting a pick and Woolen landing on his ankle?

It absolutely was his fault.
It's cray-cray that you absolve Keim of any responsibility for trading for injured players and drafting players with long injury histories because it's a tough game but put this on Kyler.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's cray-cray that you absolve Keim of any responsibility for trading for injured players and drafting players with long injury histories because it's a tough game but put this on Kyler.

It is on Kyler. He literally under threw a pass by some way that directly resulted in an injury. When Keim does that let me know.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean, he refused to attend training camp because Baker was the QB & he just got kicked out of a game for getting into a coaches face on the sidelines. Seems like a ME FIRST player, which is ok if you're good...

What I saw on tv was he said 3rd down is the money down, I'm a money player if you don't have me in the game why did you sign me. The sucky part beyond that he's cheap this year but he has a 12 million caphit next year. if I'm reading it correctly we basically have to cut him after this year because he has no dead cap money and if we keep him, a 12 million cap hit?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well it’s been stated as nauseum about many QBs here making throws exposing their WRs. Hanging them out to dry. That long pass that Kyler hit Ertz on yesterday. Thankfully no Safety dialed up and hit him while fully extended because it was thrown too high(like most of his passes lately). WR injuries can definitely be a QBs fault. Whether Hollywoods was or not I don’t really have an opinion. But it can definitely happen.

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What I saw on tv was he said 3rd down is the money down, I'm a money player if you don't have me in the game why did you sign me. The sucky part beyond that he's cheap this year but he has a 12 million caphit next year. if I'm reading it correctly we basically have to cut him after this year because he has no dead cap money and if we keep him, a 12 million cap hit?
That is correct. Between DHop, Brown and Robbie - Keim is committing close to 50 million for WR. This is malfeasance.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean they could restructure that right? Not that I’d want them to buuuut…..

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It’s a 7th round pick and he is serviceable and Brown may be done for the season. So I think it’s a good pickup.
How many trades are we going to say "it's only an X round pick" though? Until we only have a handful of picks? Keim dishes them out like candy. This year is done. Rebuild and, I hate to say it, but at this point, keep our powder dry *shudder*

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
It is on Kyler. He literally under threw a pass by some way that directly resulted in an injury. When Keim does that let me know.
Keim drafted him soooooo…..yeah. You can trace back any Kyler decision to Keim’s decision to draft him in the first place.

He was similar in college in not throwing anticipation passes and having to see the WR open and then throwing it.

And he was 5’9” when he picked him too. He’s finally starting to throw over the middle but he’s sailing them high because he’s short. He’s going to get somebody hurt even worse. Ertz was lucky to not get hurt.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean they could restructure that right? Not that I’d want them to buuuut…..

They'd have to extend him it's the last year of his deal. Given how he's talking now he doesn't sound like a guy who's trying to help out a team by restructuring.

If he plays well I guess but I think more likely we cut him sign Brown to a big new deal and going into next year with D Hop, Brown and Rondale. Take one year hoping that works and if not trade D Hop in the last year of his contract if they can.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brown is out for the season. So, this is basically a no brainer given his contract situation. He's not as good as Brown, but he is pretty explosive. it's too early to throw in the towel, even if we all feel like it.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
6' 3" WR. Would've been nice to have him at the beginning. Especially when it was reported he's been on the block for month(s).

Down field threat that needs to be honored. Good pair with Hopkins. Allows for expansion of playbook, theoretically.

Doesnt solve line problems, play call problems, pass rush, covering, or Kyler needing to man up, but I like it . Especially since Hollywood is out for who knows how long.

A wr core of Hopkins, Hollywood, Anderson, dortch, Moore is nice if used right.

At least until he blows up on our sideline. Then I might cringe but laugh that it might be the straw that broke the camel's back for keim.

Leave it to keim to trade a '24 and '25 pick he likely isn't making to save his skin another day. Because if nothing else, this is a CYA move to try to not have the bottom fall out of this season.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They don't play the same spot he needs someone to play the outside with D Hop and then Moore in the slot is my guess.

I'm not a huge Anderson fan they were literally just crapping all over him on ESPN because he got into the face of a black assistant coach and then a black HC had to kick him out and it's stuff like that which makes it harder for black coaches to get chances says Stephen A Smith.

He's got deep speed I guess. 6th and 7th pick in 24 and 25 so not huge capital but still this is a desperate move for a desperate franchise.

I hope he plays well because this very likely means Kliff fully intends to stay with the WR oriented offense he just felt he needed a more productive outside guy than Green with Hollywood hurt.
This is ridiculous, and Stephen A Smith knows it. I'm almost scared to watch Frist Take today with this genius theory.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is ridiculous, and Stephen A Smith knows it. I'm almost scared to watch Frist Take today with this genius theory.

yeah I'm not saying I agree I'm just saying that was a topic they discussed today and then literally an hour later it was announced we'd traded for him.

They weren't criticizing Wilks they were calling out Anderson like because the coaches were black he should treat them differently than he would a white coach.

But that's Stephen A's comment not mine

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
That is correct. Between DHop, Brown and Robbie - Keim is committing close to 50 million for WR. This is malfeasance.
Given keims willingness to try to draft WRs every year that dont pan out, a 6th and a 7th for Anderson who we know is a good WR is a pretty good deal. And as much as WRs make in the NFL these days, even 12M for 1 year isnt bad.

Hes had a better career that Krik and makes a fraction of the $

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
Kliff to Robbie (probably): "Welcome to the Cards, Robbie. Happy you're here. We're gonna get you some reps this week and get you in the game Thursday. What I'm gonna have you do is line up in the slot and, once the ball is snapped, sprint directly toward the sideline. But, do me a favor, ok? Make sure you drift back at least 3 to 5 yards behind the LOS. When you are in the flat directly in front of your cover man and probably three other defenders, Kyler will whip it out to you just a bit behind you and a tad low. Just run it in for a score from there."

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Someone will need to check me on this, but I am pretty sure Anderson doesn't play in the slot and learning to play the slot is incredibly difficult especially learning a new offense. In a football sense, Anderson will be playing outside and running the vertical routes AJ has been running is pretty easy to learn.
He will be outside opposite DHop, instead of AJ....and allowing Moore to solely be in the slot (hopefully running crosses instead of WR screens).