Our franchise QB

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, when he got up and charged over to then spike, he thought he had.
Which speaks to his negative situational awareness.

Any runner MUST know where the line to gain is and do what’s needed to make sure they get there. The decision to slide in that situation, once again, calls into question Kyler’s innate ability (or lack thereof) to see the entire field.

Despite Kyler claiming he can see the field in a way no one else can.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, when he got up and charged over to then spike, he thought he had.

Which is the problem. Thoughts don't mean anything.

If only he took 1 of those 6 seconds to look at the down and distance markers.

Its his job to think "Hold up. I needed to get to the 25 but I'm at 26"

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Which speaks to his negative situational awareness.

Any runner MUST know where the line to gain is and do what’s needed to make sure they get there. The decision to slide in that situation, once again, calls into question Kyler’s innate ability (or lack thereof) to see the entire field.

Despite Kyler claiming he can see the field in a way no one else can.

Technically he can see the field in a way nobody else can, just not in a good way.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Some of us would also like to enjoy the message board and not have to deal with the constant vitriol.

It would be one thing if this was unique but this board has a history of sucking the life out of any happiness.
Warner vs Leinart.
K1 vs Rosen.
The general HATE for K1 from day 1.
BA - Criticized him constantly then complain when the Cardinals get rid of him.
I could go on and on and on and on. It's always doom and gloom.
We have an ignore feature for a reason. You don't like what someone says, ignore them.
I don't put anyone on ignore, I just scroll by the names I don't really care to read what they say. If you can't do that, ignore is a good alternative IMO.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
First, with 2 minutes and no timeouts against one of the better D in the NFL, you try to get in FG range and tie the thing up. Going for the win, is only doable if you are lucky and get some breaks or your QB is a Star.

We had the plays there to go for the win, if Kyler hits Ertz in stride and the other one isn't overthrown, we might be in the red zone with 30 seconds left. Then you can eye on winning it. But starting where we hat to and go for the win and not methodically go for a short FG would be a foolish strategy.

That said, to me the body language of KM and KK screams "I lie!". And at this point, after knowing so many background details, I'm not sold on the KK comment.

But what is sure:
- Kyler never takes blame or sees the problem in himself
- Kliff never calls out a player even if he cost him the game

I dunno, but I'm not sure if this not calling players out, will haunt him sooner than later, on the other hand BA lost his job both times because of it. So who knows.

But one is sure, if KM plays like this and we stay sleepwalking the entire first QRT we will never win a SB.

For KM if he deosn't get better he never will elevate players around him ... with 250 Mio $ just for him a bleak outlook

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't put anyone on ignore, I just scroll by the names I don't really care to read what they say. If you can't do that, ignore is a good alternative IMO.
Then don't complain.

Reactions: TRW

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have less questions about Kyler playing QB for Cardinals on the field but I do have some questions about some off the field choices...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
BA lost his job both times because of it. So who knows.
BA’s problem was openly throwing players under the bus. I could be off, but from post-game losses, I do remember BA rarely taking blame outside of that NFC Championship. Personality-wise, I don’t hold him to a high candle like most do here.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well, when KM got up and charged over to spike, he, at least initially, thought he had.
Ok, by that logic, imagine the run and slide was on 3rd down. Thinks he’s got the first, rushes to the line and spikes. Turnover on downs. Between k1 and kliff, there’s zero excuse for that absolute lack of awareness.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Which is the problem. Thoughts don't mean anything.

If only he took 1 of those 6 seconds to look at the down and distance markers.

Its his job to think "Hold up. I needed to get to the 25 but I'm at 26"

Do you think the down and distance markers were set in less than 6 seconds? The scoreboard, the most readily apparent, showed first and ten, from what I gather.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
1. KM thought he had a first down.
2. The Cards on and off the field were screaming 'spike' because they too thought he'd gained 10.
3. KM had mere seconds to decide.
4. So... what do you do?
I already told you, look at the only things that matter: the sticks and refs.

1. What he thought was erroneous
2. He’s the on field QB, he needs to lead. Doesn’t negate kliff’s idiocy, but it’s shared idiocy.
3. It takes seconds to look at the sticks and realize it’s not first down.
4. What do I do? Make better decisions based on actual facts instead of guesses and hysterical coaches/players yelling at me.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ok, by that logic, imagine the run and slide was on 3rd down. Thinks he’s got the first, rushes to the line and spikes. Turnover on downs. Between k1 and kliff, there’s zero excuse for that absolute lack of awareness.

There would be zero excuses for not knowing the down, which was not the case, apparently.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
A player should regard his head coach's instruction as if it's coming from a child. Great analogy.
No a player should check the actual facts and not rely on a non-authority third person. There, I’ve simplified it for you. Now can you understand the premise? Because I’m not sure I can dumb it down any further for you.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There would be zero excuses for not knowing the down, which was not the case, apparently.
That’s precisely my point. Kliff in post game said he thought it was a first down. Kyler said he thought it was a first down. By that reasoning they woulda done the same thing if the run and slide was on 3rd down.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean. I'm not complaining.
I didn't mean you specifically. I meant generally. I know you aren't complaining...

Reactions: TRW

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That’s precisely my point. Kliff in post game said he thought it was a first down. Kyler said he thought it was a first down. By that reasoning they woulda done the same thing if the run and slide was on 3rd down.

If it ever happens, you'll have a point.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Do you think the down and distance markers were set in less than 6 seconds? The scoreboard, they most readily apparent, showed first and ten, from what I gather.
That is why players need to know where the down markers are on their own. In coverage you play the sticks. WRs run routes to the sticks. In fact, they teach WRs to go past the sticks so the can drive back to the ball. Every ball carrier needs to know where the sticks are. Football 101.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is why players need to know where the down markers are on their own. In coverage you play the sticks. WRs run routes to the sticks. In fact, they teach WRs to go past the sticks so the can drive back to the ball. Every ball carrier needs to know where the sticks are. Football 101.
i can’t believe people are arguing this. Knowing where the first down is…

Eh, forget it.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m assuming you all watch the replay like I did multiple times actually… During the game when Kyler slid the camera switched over to Kingsbury and his face was like “holy crap what did he just do” he had the look of utter disappointment and shock on his face not excitement when you think your quarterback just got the first down… He’s full of crap and just covering like he always does.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose