We lost today because we were unable to sign a competent kicker

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
43 yard field goal indoors, at home (thought does that really matter with the Cards of late), a pro kicker kicks that no argument. There is no player I can guarantee in the locker room with the time remaining, which is blaming Murray, though it was not smart trusting his intuition and the stadium display... now if you want to blame Kyler for this loss, go ahead and follow your narrative if it makes you happy, but he got the offense in better than reasonable field goal range which was his first and primary objective

I blame the kicker and Keim for signing a guy with a less percentage success than what he had to choose from

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
43 yard field goal indoors, at home (thought does that really matter with the Cards of late), a pro kicker kicks that no argument. There is no player I can guarantee in the locker room with the time remaining, which is blaming Murray, though it was not smart trusting his intuition and the stadium display... now if you want to blame Kyler for this loss, go ahead and follow your narrative if it makes you happy, but he got the offense in better than reasonable field goal range which was his first and primary objective

I blame the kicker and Keim for signing a guy with a less percentage success than what he had to choose from
So you want to defend a guy who shied away from contact, made an extraordinarily dumb slide, then spiked the ball. You're actually going to defend his cowardly play there? You're going to criticize people for criticizing him?

Yes, the offense went down the field and got into position for a kick the street FA should've made. No, that doesn't absolve KM's heartless stupidity in the moment.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
So you want to defend a guy who shied away from contact, made an extraordinarily dumb slide, then spiked the ball. You're actually going to defend his cowardly play there? You're going to criticize people for criticizing him?

Yes, the offense went down the field and got into position for a kick the street FA should've made. No, that doesn't absolve KM's heartless stupidity in the moment.
Yeah, I will because I am looking at this logically. He got us in field goal range against a very good defense, really good field goal range with no time outs. You make a 43 yard field goal, right? Yeah, you make a 43 yard field goal. Maybe if he got his head taken off fighting for that extra yard you would be happier when this kicker would still shank the kick with an extra ten yards by what I saw on the final kick. Go on hate on Murray but I guess that is where the hate is on the forum, regardless of what he does do while that bum kicker was not the member of this team, but everyone is giving him a free pass compared to what they are dumping on our own QB

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yeah, I will because I am looking at this logically. He got us in field goal range against a very good defense, really good field goal range with no time outs. You make a 43 yard field goal, right? Yeah, you make a 43 yard field goal. Maybe if he got his head taken off fighting for that extra yard you would be happier when this kicker would still shank the kick with an extra ten yards by what I saw on the final kick. Go on hate on Murray but I guess that is where the hate is on the forum, regardless of what he does do while that bum kicker was not the member of this team, but everyone is giving him a free pass compared to what they are dumping on our own QB
Or maybe he gets the first down, clocks the ball, takes a few shots at the end zone, and we win without having to rely on our street FA kicker.

Twice this season he's refused contact and played scared in hurryup offenses, and this has hurt his team's chances. There's no defending that. It's a bad look trying to defend that.

In that situation, I absolutely, positively want my QB risking contact. How can you not?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I see Jetstreams point. If the fg is good and we go on to win this is glared over. However……

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
It’s a part of the overall problem but it’s a not why….. that’s an over generalized excuse.
I am only addressing the game from the most crucial moment which was a very very very makeable kick which was shanked to the right. That is not an excuse, but a fact which made the Eagle players jump up and down with relief and Cardinal fans see the final outcome

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frustration has been building toward Kyler the day he started pouting and sending subliminal messages about his contract.
The day he signed that contract I stated he better grow some thick skin because he was going to be scrutinised very closely based on his performance
I think it’s clear he has not played up to the 245m contract.
He is making some decisions that a 245m Qb shouldn’t be making. It will come out this week of how, once again, he threw to the wrong receiver on several occasions, but some might say I digress.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kicking a FG should have been the last resort and only after trying first to get into the end zone. All kickers miss kicks. Prater could have missed it. Kyler could have extended the drive but chose instead to slide before the first down. No excuse for that. None.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I understood them they just said Tucker was 24-25 on game changing FG's and the record is 22-22 by matt Prater. i think it was inside 45. Tucker made a 45 yarder to win it.

He should have made it but that's why he was a FA kicker he has choked kicks since he got into the NFL. If Kyler handles that drive better we might not need the FG or it would be much closer. And he still may have missed I agree

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Even if he had made it we may still have lost in overtime. Nothing is certain. So I give Murray 65% of the blame. 25% to KK (for not preparing KM better for all scenarios. 10% on the Kicker (if KM makes that 1st down, he might not have had to kick a FG at all)

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He isn't the only reason they lost, but the more I read about him, the more I question why he was signed.
The personnel living in their own bubble. I bet Keim & the Special Teams’ staff didn’t even watch Ammendola blow high-pressure kicks just this season.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ditto. 10 yards is 30 feet and he didn't miss it by 30 feet.

Yeah, I don't think the field goal missed by a lot from my vantage point. Ten yards closer and it's probably good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose