What, me study?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
It’s not going to get better because he doesn’t want to improve upon the intangibles of the position. He had no business being a #1 pick and given a quarter billion. Keim and Kliff won’t do this, but it’s time to start considering other long term options at QB.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It’s not going to get better because he doesn’t want to improve upon the intangibles of the position. He had no business being a #1 pick and given a quarter billion. Keim and Kliff won’t do this, but it’s time to start considering other long term options at QB.

:beer: :hacker::beer::computer:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Ummmm, not with Keim and Kliff in charge. Let your emotions settle down and rethink that.
My emotions are fine. Kyler has shown no signs of getting better at reading defenses, thinking on the fly, or any other important intangible aspect of the game. His athleticism can only carry him so far before he has to adjust to coordinators scheming him.

WeBlitz

Rookie
Reaction score
My emotions are fine. Kyler has shown no signs of getting better at reading defenses, thinking on the fly, or any other important intangible aspect of the game. His athleticism can only carry him so far before he has to adjust to coordinators scheming him.
Understandable, but you shouldn’t want Kliff and especially Keim making a decision like that.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On the flip side look at how dangerous our offense can be. We were down to our last RB and kept moving the ball. It was a gut wrenching ending for sure but Cardinals competed and came awfully damn close to beating a 4-0 team.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Give them time. Kyler is still learning the position and KK is still learning the pro game. They will get better in time, which they have based on their contracts, don't they?

Lots of things to like about this game.
1. We looked like we were jelling together more on both sides of the ball.
2. First glimpse this season of how our offense should and can look, especially if and when fully healthy and when everyone's present.
3. Our D is amazing, in the way they tighten up as the game goes along and keep giving us a chance to win.
4. We hung with, and could have won this game against, the only undefeated team.

Some disappointments:
1. Kyler missed some easy throws in this game which cost us many yards, as well as a possession or two.
2. Our best WRs dropped a couple great opportunities for nice gains. Put those with a few missed passes by Kyler and that is all it took to change winning a game into losing.
3. It's those darn little things that make a mediocre team out of a winning team, like that first down you didn't get when you slid or stepped out of bounds a half a yard too soon.
4. Did anyone actually think that kicker was going to make that last FG? I sure didn't, watching from home.

And finally: Those senseless mistakes are what makes us who we are, who we've been, and who we'll always be, the Cardinals.

Last edited:

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Our last RB is our best RB.
So the 55 yards and 6.1 YPC Conner had in the first half was worse than Eno? I like Eno but all of our backs bring something to the table. Eno was cramping up in the second half. Needed a blow for sure.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The best thing that came out of this game?
We saw what Eno can bring.
We saw the havoc crossing routes can cause against a defense.
We saw that wr screens simply don’t work especially early in the game.
The worse thing about todays game?
Kliff won’t recognize the 3 observations above.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I don’t know if Murray is hopeless. I do know with this coach I expect only occasional successes. IMO Murray needs a more demanding coach. It’s time Murray either accepts he’s not yet the QB he can become or settles for being added to the list of unrealized potential. All QBs make mistakes but success depends on gradually replacing some of those decisions with quality choices. Murray still lacks the poise needed to consistently making game changing plays. The Eagle game was winnable with just a good Murray game. This was not a game he had to takeover to win. He just needed to be competent. Until he gets real and accepts why he fails, the Cards will just sit in mediocrity. My biggest fear is that Bidwill has tied so much money in his current coach, he will be unwilling to make a change.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don’t know if Murray is hopeless. I do know with this coach I expect only occasional successes. IMO Murray needs a more demanding coach. It’s time Murray either accepts he’s not yet the QB he can become or settles for being added to the list of unrealized potential. All QBs make mistakes but success depends on gradually replacing some of those decisions with quality choices. Murray still lacks the poise needed to consistently making game changing plays. The Eagle game was winnable with just a good Murray game. This was not a game he had to takeover to win. He just needed to be competent. Until he gets real and accepts why he fails, the Cards will just sit in mediocrity. My biggest fear is that Bidwill has tied so much money in his current coach, he will be unwilling to make a change.
Technically Kyler had the best game against the Eagles all season. Granted none of the other QBs they've played are good except Kirk Cousins.

To me its the accuracy not being pinpoint like last year catching up to him. Throws to Ertz and Hollywood Brown that would have been TDs to change the Rams game. Missed throw to Moore and Ertz last game.

He still needs to get better at reading defenses as well though.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
You guys are ridiculous with constant criticism.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You guys are ridiculous with constant criticism.

You realize Prescott got crucified for that play, right? Way, way worse than what KM is getting now. And LOL that you're throwing Tom Brady in there. Maybe when KM plays like a HOFer (hahahaha) he can get away with this kind of a screw-up once in a blue moon--and maybe when he doesn't do it twice in 5 games.

But, please, don't let me distract you from apologizing for KM and trying to deflect blame from your Teflon QB. He messed up, big time. Can't you own that? Can't you just hold your hand up and say (post), "Yeah, he screwed up terribly" or some such?

Reactions: TRW

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
You realize Prescott got crucified for that play, right? Way, way worse than what KM is getting now. And LOL that you're throwing Tom Brady in there. Maybe when KM plays like a HOFer (hahahaha) he can get away with this kind of a screw-up once in a blue moon--and maybe when he doesn't do it twice in 5 games.

But, please, don't let me distract you from apologizing for KM and trying to deflect blame from your Teflon QB. He messed up, big time. Can't you own that? Can't you just hold your hand up and say (post), "Yeah, he screwed up terribly" or some such?

Try to find some balance

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The best thing that came out of this game?
We saw what Eno can bring.
We saw the havoc crossing routes can cause against a defense.
We saw that wr screens simply don’t work especially early in the game.
The worse thing about todays game?
Kliff won’t recognize the 3 observations above.

Yeah he'll focus on the one that Rondale turned a big loss into a 17 yard first down(still think he was short) and that will convince him to keep doing it

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose