2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
the Warriors may have shrewdly played their cards:

management is surely pissed that Green gave the team a black eye and risked worse -- like permanently damaging one of their stars with a knuckle to his eye socket

so, the GM publicly defended Green as being a "good guy" (yeah, to trade to someone who buys that)

and yet, somehow, leaked the video to take away any leverage Green had left in negotiations that were between a rock and a hard place considering that they can't keep both Green and Poole at the salaries they want

meanwhile, Curry, their superstar leader did a Booker by not taking sides and calling out Green for his bad behavior
(how bout a, "i love Green, he's the guy i count on in the trenches, but he screwed up by beating on one of his own")

-- Curry just updated his response after the video with, "“There’s nothing that warranted the situation. I want to make that clear.”

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's amazing how TMZ Sports got that video. I can't believe the Warriors wanted that released.

So the Warriors are wondering how the video was leaked as well.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO, the Warriors can function without Green. If I were them, I'd move on if they can find a trade.

Poole is a part of their future.

The thing they need from him is his ability to play point so Steph doesn't have to, and his defense. I think they can find a way to work around the offensive issues without him but they're not the same without him on defense.

Poole is a very cocky guy it's why I didn't like him much as a rookie he seemed to talk way more than he played. But he's a very good young player I don't think you trade him at this point to keep Draymond. Literally it would take Steph and Klay coming Meyers and saying Bob you need to keep Dray and trade JP before I think they would consider it. You keep the younger guy.

My guess is they will try and see if they can coexist and if they can't, try and move Draymond.

Very bad video for Draymond much worse than I was expecting it to be.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing they need from him is his ability to play point so Steph doesn't have to, and his defense. I think they can find a way to work around the offensive issues without him but they're not the same without him on defense.

Poole is a very cocky guy it's why I didn't like him much as a rookie he seemed to talk way more than he played. But he's a very good young player I don't think you trade him at this point to keep Draymond. Literally it would take Steph and Klay coming Meyers and saying Bob you need to keep Dray and trade JP before I think they would consider it. You keep the younger guy.

My guess is they will try and see if they can coexist and if they can't, try and move Draymond.

Very bad video for Draymond much worse than I was expecting it to be.
But this is getting to part of why I think GS could take a dip this season. And I'm saying "could", not "will" to be clear. I think they could reach the point during this season or next where they have to decide whether it makes more sense to trade away youth for an established veteran to win now or if it's time to look towards building a new GS dynasty which would likely mean moving on from their big 3. I'm sure they'd like it both ways, win now without sacrificing youth but that rarely works.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
It's amazing how TMZ Sports got that video. I can't believe the Warriors wanted that released.
TMZ pays people big bucks to do these things. Definitely gets people to question their ethics and morals

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI the Jordan Pool joke thing is apparently not true it's allegedly a troll account.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But this is getting to part of why I think GS could take a dip this season. And I'm saying "could", not "will" to be clear. I think they could reach the point during this season or next where they have to decide whether it makes more sense to trade away youth for an established veteran to win now or if it's time to look towards building a new GS dynasty which would likely mean moving on from their big 3. I'm sure they'd like it both ways, win now without sacrificing youth but that rarely works.

Oh this absolutely could change the outcome of this season. My guess is they will try and see if they can work through this if they can great, if they can't, I don't think unless someone makes them a great offer, they're going to trade Poole though.

I would say this, if they trade Poole instead of Draymond it tells you that his personality is rubbing guys the wrong way enough that they decided to move on. But based on how the guys reacted last year in the playoffs when he had some problems I don't think that's the case I think the guys for the most part do like him.

Really bad situation for Draymond I have to believe it's simple, he thinks Poole is going to "get a bag" and he might not.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think most people are missing how bad this makes GS look. GS is mad at the video coming out, AFTER they basically said the event was being WAY over blown. This makes GS look REALLY tone deaf. After the league just had to issue a fine and suspension to an owner of a franchise. GS should have immediately suspended Green for a few games. Not like he didn't deserve it. Could have suspended both guys even, with Green getting more time, of course. It now looks like they were caught trying to sweep a serious work place violation under the rug, and got caught.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Green is a punk. No question he brings and edge and some benefit to the team, but he’s crazy overpaid for the stats he now produces.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm kind of amazed at some of the reactions on here. Legal definition of assault:

A person commits assault by: 1. Intentionally, knowingly or recklessly causing any physical injury to another person; or 2. Intentionally placing another person in reasonable apprehension of imminent physical injury; or 3. Knowingly touching another person with the intent to injure, insult or provoke such person.

Legally speaking, Draymond assaulted Poole even before the punch. Hitting Poole like that is absolutely outrageous and charges should be filed against him. Poole's fault??? GTFOH with the victim blaming idiocy.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I'm kind of amazed at some of the reactions on here. Legal definition of assault:

A person commits assault by: 1. Intentionally, knowingly or recklessly causing any physical injury to another person; or 2. Intentionally placing another person in reasonable apprehension of imminent physical injury; or 3. Knowingly touching another person with the intent to injure, insult or provoke such person.

Legally speaking, Draymond assaulted Poole even before the punch. Hitting Poole like that is absolutely outrageous and charges should be filed against him. Poole's fault??? GTFOH with the victim blaming idiocy.

If Poole filed assault charges he’d be done as a respected player in the league. In fact he would go to great lengths to not let that happen. His guns were down and he got smoked. Live and learn.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The absolute last thing this teams needs is another guy that can’t create his own shot.
While I agree with you, I think draymond is unique in his ability to do what’s needed. He’d infuse some toughness. That said he’s a terrific passer. But I think passes would end up bonking off Ayton’s noggin a whole bunch.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Poole should have known better. He didn't cause this, but he provoked the final reaction. He greatly inflamed the situation and he put himself at risk by doing so. When you're dealing with an enraged predator, you don't stand on moral ground and say, well he started it.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting them triple singles
Yeah the stats sheet never accurately reflected Draymond's value but his numbers (and his game) have been declining for awhile. Interestingly, though completely irrelevant to your point, he's had 31 career triple doubles, the entire Suns roster has only 18 total. And all of those came from CP3.

Personally, I hate the triple double nonsense. A player goes for 60 points, 9 rebounds, 9 assists, 9 steals and 9 blocks doesn't even get touted for a double double but who had the best game - him, or the guy that scored 10 points, grabbed 10 rebounds and 10 assists? Oh well, it gives ESPN something to scream about and made Westbrook a legend so it must mean something.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah the stats sheet never accurately reflected Draymond's value but his numbers (and his game) have been declining for awhile. Interestingly, though completely irrelevant to your point, he's had 31 career triple doubles, the entire Suns roster has only 18 total. And all of those came from CP3.

Personally, I hate the triple double nonsense. A player goes for 60 points, 9 rebounds, 9 assists, 9 steals and 9 blocks doesn't even get touted for a double double but who had the best game - him, or the guy that scored 10 points, grabbed 10 rebounds and 10 assists? Oh well, it gives ESPN something to scream about and made Westbrook a legend so it must mean something.

I think the stats do reflect his game. What tells me that is when Steph and Klay were gone and it fell on his shoulders to be the man he failed miserably.

I remember saying Draymond was going to be the defensive player of the year and he turned out to be a disaster. He’s 100% a product of the system.

That’s when he got that triple single nickname from the TNT crew.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Westbrook gets such a bad rap. Say what you want about him but he proved in his prime he could carry and organization.

People really forget it was KD who would come up short when it mattered most on those teams

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the stats do reflect his game. What tells me that is when Steph and Klay were gone and it fell on his shoulders to be the man he failed miserably.

I remember saying Draymond was going to be the defensive player of the year and he turned out to be a disaster. He’s 100% a product of the system.

That’s when he got that triple single nickname from the TNT crew.
Well that's a bizarre way to look at it. The man has been the consummate role player, like a Dennis Rodman only better. Would you have ripped Rodman if he couldn't carry the Bulls without MJ and Pippen? Green impacted the game in many ways that does not show up in the stat sheet.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Westbrook gets such a bad rap. Say what you want about him but he proved in his prime he could carry and organization.

People really forget it was KD who would come up short when it mattered most on those teams
Westbrook has earned such a bad rap along with his many accolades. He's one of the greatest individual performers of all time but he has frequently put himself above team accomplishments.

If he'd been a rookie under someone like Pop, and if that someone could actually teach him to be team first, we'd be talking about a top 10 all time great. Instead, he'll easily make it to the HOF but I wouldn't be surprised to see him be one of the top 75 casualties when the NBA celebrates it's 100th Anniversary.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Westbrook has earned such a bad rap along with his many accolades. He's one of the greatest individual performers of all time but he has frequently put himself above team accomplishments.

If he'd been a rookie under someone like Pop, and if that someone could actually teach him to be team first, we'd be talking about a top 10 all time great. Instead, he'll easily make it to the HOF but I wouldn't be surprised to see him be one of the top 75 casualties when the NBA celebrates it's 100th Anniversary.
I'm curious to know which organizations Westbrook has proven he could carry. Houston? Washington? Not sure he carried either one of those. OKC? He had Durant (and Harden). And certainly not the Lakers.

He's proving that he can barely be a complimentary player, let alone someone that can "carry an organization."

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
TMZ pays people big bucks to do these things. Definitely gets people to question their ethics and morals
Sometimes, sometimes people just give them stuff for free because they want it leaked.

truth is no matter what the team says publicly, they could have been the ones to leak it. Doubt we will ever know.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes, sometimes people just give them stuff for free because they want it leaked.

truth is no matter what the team says publicly, they could have been the ones to leak it. Doubt we will ever know.
If the organization leaked it, we almost definitely will never know. But otherwise I think there's a fair chance they'll discover who it came from and that might get to us. But yeah, if I were a betting man I'd wager the rest of us will never get more than rumor and speculation.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave