Cardinals Cut WR Andy Isabella, Sign C Billy Price!!

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
It's an indictment of the selection of Andy Isabella.
I think you’re wrong but we shall see. Too many 1-3 Round misses or underutilized players too not be a bigger problem imo

Hassan Reddick
Kirk
Simmons

Clearly need better teachers & coaches who can work talent into their schemes.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A few things I take from this.

Andy sucks. That goes without saying. Good luck elsewhere.

AJ Green must be healthy. Don't see them cutting him if not.

The biggest question is why Billy Price? He only plays Center as far as I know. I don't think he's ever played Guard in the NFL or in about 6 years.

We have Garcia who can play C as can Smith and Harlow. And both know the scheme. It's going to take weeks for Price to get up to speed. By which time Ford should be back and Pugh healthy.

It's a weird signing for me. Especially when they didn't like him enough to sign him in the off season and he hasn't been promoted to play for a Vegas O line that has been poor.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you’re wrong but we shall see. Too many 1-3 Round misses or underutilized players too not be a bigger problem imo

Hassan Reddick
Kirk
Simmons

Clearly need better teachers & coaches who can work talent into their schemes.

Meh. It's the NFL Draft and bad picks happen to every team. I wasn't a fan of the AI pick but clearly the Cardinals thought he could be more. With that said if you look at the 2019 draft class the Cardinals came away with four Very Good Starters which is pretty solid in my book:

Kyler Murray
Byron Murphy
Zach Allen
Jalen Thompson

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Meh. It's the NFL Draft and bad picks happen to every team. I wasn't a fan of the AI pick but clearly the Cardinals thought he could be more. With that said if you look at the 2019 draft class the Cardinals came away with four Very Good Starters which is pretty solid in my book:

Kyler Murray
Byron Murphy
Zach Allen
Jalen Thompson
It's tough when you get a fat zero from a top 75 guy. It also hurts when you waste so many picks on a position and get multiple zeros.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
A few things I take from this.

Andy sucks. That goes without saying. Good luck elsewhere.

AJ Green must be healthy. Don't see them cutting him if not.

The biggest question is why Billy Price? He only plays Center as far as I know. I don't think he's ever played Guard in the NFL or in about 6 years.

We have Garcia who can play C as can Smith and Harlow. And both know the scheme. It's going to take weeks for Price to get up to speed. By which time Ford should be back and Pugh healthy.

It's a weird signing for me. Especially when they didn't like him enough to sign him in the off season and he hasn't been promoted to play for a Vegas O line that has been poor.
Price seems like insurance for C. Team probably feels like Harlow and Garcia will be needed at G.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
As a reminder we could’ve have DK Metcalf.

Have a great rest of your day! :)

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Thought Price would be a pretty good pro. He was awesome at OSU. He tore a pec bench pressing at the combine and hasn’t been the same since.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Billy Price was highly touted coming out of OSU. Here is some analysis on him from his time with the Giants:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He played next to Will Hernandez so there is some familiarity there as well.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i think Andy belongs on Keims bad draft Rushmore because if you look at the WRs taken after Andy:

DK Metcalf
Dionte Thompson
Jalen Hurd
Terry McLaurin

so of the 5 WRs in that draft range, one didnt work (Andy), one had a career ending injury (Hurd) and the other three turned into starting, playoff caliber WRs.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think Andy belongs on Keims bad draft Rushmore because if you look at the WRs taken after Andy:

DK Metcalf
Dionte Thompson
Jalen Hurd
Terry McLaurin

so of the 5 WRs in that draft range, one didnt work (Andy), one had a career ending injury (Hurd) and the other three turned into starting, playoff caliber WRs.
Keim Time is draft time!

One reason I wasn't upset about trading the #1 for Brown.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave