LOL@ wk 4 being a must win game

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And Hopkins really is the only difference maker listed, everyone else made rare limited contributions honestly….
I’m done having a conversation with this level of intellectual dishonesty. I mean… You’re right, league worst pass rush doesn’t miss Chandler Jones and Phillips. League’s second worst pass defense doesn’t miss Alford who played very well during the streak last year. And one of the league’s worst rushing attacks doesn’t miss our STARTING RUNNING BACK last year, either.

Sorry, but that is just flat out stupid. The same type of stupidity that somehow made people believe it was a good thing we lost to Seattle in the last game of the year because we play so well on the road and THAT was where we really wanted to play the Rams. How’d that work out on the road?

And we were getting pulverized by a winless Raiders team until we had to make some miracle comeback that needed five fourth down conversions and an incredibly dubious penalty on 4th down to end the game.

What this team did last year means NOTHING considering how many changes were made this season and considering the injuries on top of the guys we lost.

Last edited:

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m done having a conversation with this level of intellectual dishonesty. I mean… You’re right, league worst pass rush doesn’t miss Chandler Jones and Phillips. League’s second worst pass defense doesn’t miss Alford who played very well during the streak last year. And one of the league’s worst rushing attacks doesn’t miss our STARTING RUNNING BACK last year, either.

Sorry, but that is just flat out stupid. The same type of stupidity that somehow made people believe it was a good thing we lost to Seattle in the last game of the year because we play so well on the road and THAT was where we really wanted to play the Rams. How’d that work out on the road?

And we were getting pulverized by a winless Raiders team until we had to make some miracle comeback that needed five fourth down conversions and an incredibly dubious penalty on 4th down to end the game.

What this team did last year means NOTHING considering how many changes were made this season and considering the injuries on top of the guys we lost.
Undefeated on the road this season until we’re not… Your opinion is your own but most of the world considers KC and the Rams two of the best teams in the NFL, and we were projected to lose those games by 99-100% of people. If we get to 2-2 all while playing like crap without important pieces that’s a positive no matter how bad we have started season. I’d rather finish a season strong than start one we’ve seen that story play out…

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That streak was WITH A TOTALLY DIFFERENT TEAM.

Good lord, you guys are ridiculous. That streak mostly took place with Hopkins, Edmonds, Chandler Jones, Phillips, Alford and even Hicks to an extent ALL making major impact on both offense and defense and we’ve replaced all of those guys with nothing coming close to the impact they made.
You'd rather everyone went full darkside? What would there be to talk about?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is where I put in a two tightend offense and run Conner down there throats until they stack the box and then hit them deep with Hollywood.
I was thinking the same thing. But it makes to much sense. We will continue to run Hollywood on 20 out routes.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
According to the computer models, most of the heavy rain from Ian should be Friday into Sat.(much of the Carolinas and southern VA could get 4-6 inches and wind gusts 40mph+). Dry slot moves in Sat night. Sunday is still a 60% chance of showers mostly after 3pm but by then the main player is an upper level low pressure slowly moving through Virginia to the north and not the tropical system.

Even though the rain and wind may be less on Sunday, I doubt the Cards can afford to play pathetically at the start of the game and fall behind by more than one score.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The next game is always a "must win", the most important ever, the one where we truly find out what Kyler and Kliff are made if.

Come Sunday night, win or lose, just switch out Carolina for Philly.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who thinks the Cards suck more? Whose the worst player in each unit? What we’ll do with our top 5 pick?

Real 2003-type convos.
At least 2003 we knew Mac was probably a dead man walking so we could at least talk about some kind of coaching savior out on the horizon.

All we have staring us back on the horizon now is Kliff’s killer backyard.

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least 2003 we knew Mac was probably a dead man walking so we could at least talk about some kind of coaching savior out on the horizon.

All we have staring us back on the horizon now is Kliff’s killer backyard.
This team now does have considerably more talent than 2003. That roster was rife with undrafted free agents and guys drafted 2 rounds too high.

But, all that matters is results and I don't think it is out of the question the Cards could win 3 games this year.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team now does have considerably more talent than 2003. That roster was rife with undrafted free agents and guys drafted 2 rounds too high.

But, all that matters is results and I don't think it is out of the question the Cards could win 3 games this year.
Agree with all of this. That was the least talented team I’ve ever seen.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Undefeated on the road this season until we’re not… Your opinion is your own but most of the world considers KC and the Rams two of the best teams in the NFL, and we were projected to lose those games by 99-100% of people. If we get to 2-2 all while playing like crap without important pieces that’s a positive no matter how bad we have started season. I’d rather finish a season strong than start one we’ve seen that story play out…
Just because we start poorly doesn’t mean we are going to end well. That’s not a binary equation. And the history of this squad and coach is poor finishes. So that argument is flawed from the get go.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy to be proven wrong here. But man, why the hell does this team play so much better on the road than at home?!

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Happy to be proven wrong here. But man, why the hell does this team play so much better on the road than at home?!
Second best road team for the last 2 years only behind the Cheifs. Sort of makes you wonder what the hell they are doing or not doing when they are here? Cupcake practices? Not enough practices?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Second best road team for the last 2 years only behind the Cheifs. Sort of makes you wonder what the hell they are doing or not doing when they are here? Cupcake practices? Not enough practices?
It’s beyond bizarre.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose