K Matt Prater injury

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No! This could be a problem. If you think Prater sucks….it could get pretty ugly with somebody off the street.
Not that it’ll be a factor next week but when the games are close it sure will.
ehhh not really concerned.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They will sign a street FA kicker someone serviceable no huge biggie. Prater kinda sucks anyway. Lol
Everytime Prater kicks me happy it went in but think why does that ball take that weird arc

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's perfect so far this year...not really suckage.
Give him time he will come back to the mean and much closer to his last two seasons if he gets healthy. He is what he is.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Eno actually got me thinking about kick off possibilities today. Teams don't usually account for the kicker as much as the others, allowing Eno to both kick the ball and make the tackle

Why don't teams do this? How hard is it to teach a special teams player to kick off decently and consistently? Not punts, not field goals, just kick offs

You'd probably be top 5 in yards allowed after the kick... or is it safer to just boot it in the enzone?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Eno actually got me thinking about kick off possibilities today. Teams don't usually account for the kicker as much as the others, allowing Eno to both kick the ball and make the tackle

Why don't teams do this? How hard is it to teach a special teams player to kick off decently and consistently? Not punts, not field goals, just kick offs

You'd probably be top 5 in yards allowed after the kick... or is it safer to just boot it in the enzone?
On kickoffs, I wonder why we've never gone back to the old pop-up kicks to around the 30-35 any longer, or why other teams don't try these. We used to recover those at a decent rate, from what I can recall.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They will sign a street FA kicker someone serviceable no huge biggie. Prater kinda sucks anyway. Lol
Yeah, I don't think field goals are going to matter too much against the Eagles.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be honest, I prefer Eno doing an unpredictable kick bouncing around on the 10 or 15 yard line rather than a kick in the endzone. Return team doesn't seem to know where it's going or what to do with it.
Same. The ball was fumbled all 3 times Eno kicked it off.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eno kicked off 3 times yesterday?

Wow… I must have been REALLY smashed because I have ZERO memory of that.
I didn't start drinking until after the game. ;)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be honest, I prefer Eno doing an unpredictable kick bouncing around on the 10 or 15 yard line rather than a kick in the endzone. Return team doesn't seem to know where it's going or what to do with it.

Plus Eno hammered that dude yesterday on the return.