JJ Watt Went Into A-Fib on Wednesday, Playing Today

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
These recommendations are for normal people. not for people who gets thrown around by 300 pound OL while hitting with the force of a mini car.

We don't have to be Romans cheering for gladiators when it is especially just a game for entertainment purposes.
We need him. It’s good

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This will make
For a very dramatic episode of Hard Knocks.

Are these games gonna be on hard knocks I don’t know how the in season one works I thought it doesn’t start until November?

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Are these games gonna be on hard knocks I don’t know how the in season one works I thought it doesn’t start until November?
I’m not sure. For as much of a football junky as I am I’ve never watched hard knocks. But I will this since it’s the Cards.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
:shrug:

He released the info because he had word that it had been leaked and would possibly be used in today's broadcast.
I was half kidding half not. Dude has a camera crew follow him around to film him flipping tractor tires. No good deed by him goes unnoticed and publicized.

That said, still love his passion and what he does for others off the field.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I can clear some things up as I have had several Cardioversions (Shocked back into rhythm) over the last several years.

First off it's a good thing that JJ was able to sense his heart rhythm was off right away. The biggest danger from AFib is that blood tends to pool in the heart since it's not beating like normal. Over time a Blood Clot can form inside the heart. If something like a big collision causes the blood clot to move out of the heart a Stroke can occur if the clot gets to the brain. In fact before they perform a Cardioversion they probably did an ultrasound on the heart to make sure there wasn't a clot already there. If there was a clot they wouldn't have shocked him. He would have to go on blood thinners till the clot was dissolved.

For me I can tell right away when I go into AFib. I can feel the irregular heart beat. I get nauseous. I feel extremely tired. It's hard to sleep at night as you can hear your Heart pounding in your ear. Overall I just feel terrible and don't feel like doing anything.

The first couple of years that I had AFib I wasn't able to self convert back to a normal rhythm. So I would have to get a Cardioversion to shock my heart back into a normal rhythm. The procedure was pretty quick. They put a big sticker over your heart on your chest and back. They put you under. Shock you. Wake you up. Then you are out the door. The difference that you feel from after being shocked back into a normal rhythm is incredible. You literally feel like you can run out the door if you weren't still somewhat groggy from the drugs they gave you to knock you out. As soon as the drugs wear off you feel like nothing has happened for the most part. The hardest thing is to mentally get past it. You can see that it still was mentally affecting JJ in his interview on Sunday.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting choice, get the procedure done now and try to get back for playoffs, or try to skate through without it?
That guy isn't even his Dr and probably shouldn't be popping off about it. But if that is Watts cardiologist recommends, there is no choice. Get it done ASAP.