LeSean McCoy: Kyler is Trash

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree. Kyler is not a good timing and rhythm QB. Rarely does he hit his back foot, step up, and deliver the football. He also isnt consistent with his feet when he moves through his progressions which is a rare occurrence. He is late on a majority of progression throw if he doesn't deliver the ball to the primary read.
He isn't a good one, but he still makes plays. That shouldn't be up for debate.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler has regressed especially from the start of last year. But just as the switch can go off, it can go on too.

Calling him trash is just a way to get your opinion discussed.

The average person who likes Howard Stern listens for 1 hour and 20 minutes a day.
All right, fine. But what about the people who hate Stern?
Good point. The average Stern hater listens for two and a half hours a day.
But... if they hate him, why do they listen?
Most common answer: "I want to see what he'll say next."

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler has regressed especially from the start of last year. But just as the switch can go off, it can go on too.

Calling him trash is just a way to get your opinion discussed.

The average person who likes Howard Stern listens for 1 hour and 20 minutes a day.
All right, fine. But what about the people who hate Stern?
Good point. The average Stern hater listens for two and a half hours a day.
But... if they hate him, why do they listen?
Most common answer: "I want to see what he'll say next."
Exactly. Clickbait.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
He isn't a good one, but he still makes plays. That shouldn't be up for debate.
You have to be able to make the basic plays, which is your bread and butter. I don't care if he can make a splash play here and there if he can't run the basic offense crisply and effectively. That's not how you win games with regularity.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have to be able to make the basic plays, which is your bread and butter. I don't care if he can make a splash play here and there if he can't run the basic offense crisply and effectively. That's not how you win games with regularity.
He makes basic plays too. Come on. He doesn't miss every throw that isn't spectacular. Of course he misses some plays. Every QB does. I'll even admit he is missing more than he should be. The narrative that he can't complete basic plays is absurd.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I guess it is one of my pet peeves when fans or others in the sports world refer to players as "trash". It dehumanizes the players and immediately puts the conversation in an attack mode type of discussion. Also, once players are dehumanized, we don't have to give an F about the fact that they are actually young men with families, risking their future health in a dangerous sport, most of who are not getting paid the Kyler type money. They are just images on our TV screen for our amusement while we sit on our fat asses and rip them up for their mistakes while we forget about our own, right?

Shady had some good critiques, he probably should have stuck with those without throwing the "trash" label on Kyler.
Yeah, me too :)!

Sincerely,

Guy who created thread titled the Cardinals are trash.

Last edited:

urs

All Star
Reaction score
He makes basic plays too. Come on. He doesn't miss every throw that isn't spectacular. Of course he misses some plays. Every QB does. I'll even admit he is missing more than he should be. The narrative that he can't complete basic plays is absurd.
You're just banging your head on the wall here. These guys clearly miss Rosen, never wanted Kyler and are just trying to justify their awful opinions. Or, they just don't like the black QB and will disparage everything he does, how he talks and what his hobbies are...but I'll assume that's not it.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One year ago he was getting raves. Including for how he read the field. Go back and watch some clips of analysis about Kyler from the first seven games. If you don't believe me.

When we win, he's great. When we suck, he's trash. That's how it is.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're just banging your head on the wall here. These guys clearly miss Rosen, never wanted Kyler and are just trying to justify their awful opinions. Or, they just don't like the black QB and will disparage everything he does, how he talks and what his hobbies are...but I'll assume that's not it.
I have that bucket on my head like the kid from Parenthood.

Reactions: urs

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Slight correction - even Kyler himself would tell you he is not a black QB. He is multiracial which includes his Korean heritage. He wrote papers about it throughout his schooling.

I was/am more worried about his height/build/durability. Personally, wanted Lamar Jackson as our QB.

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
McCoy crossed the line with the “trash” part. IMO it describes himself more than Kyler.
The rest of his analysis was an exaggeration of the truth.
He also threw a punch at Kingsbury with the “who’s coaching this kid”, which is a much more accurate comment.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Damn.

Gotta jump straight to everyone is racist.

Yet, you post here occasionally and nobody blatantly calls you a ******* moron.

I guess etiquette and respect are different for everybody.

urs

All Star
Reaction score
Stop the racist talk
Damn.

Gotta jump straight to everyone is racist.

Yet, you post here occasionally and nobody blatantly calls you a ******* moron.

I guess etiquette and respect are different for everybody.
We had a white coach here for years that yucked it up and cursed in every presser. Everyone loved him. We have a super young QB that curses occasionally and gets demonized. Come to your own conclusion. I didn't say anyone was a racist, I said I chose not to believe it. You are classy though! Appreciate your thoughtful response

Reaction score
We had a white coach here for years that yucked it up and cursed in every presser. Everyone loved him. We have a super young QB that curses occasionally and gets demonized. Come to your own conclusion. I didn't say anyone was a racist, I said I chose not to believe it. You are classy though! Appreciate your thoughtful response
Still talking about race. Sounds pretty racist. Feel free to make a new account i am sure you will be banned soon.

Stout

Reaction score
I don't think anyone's saying he can't make basic plays. At least on my part, I'm saying he can't make basic plays with the kind of consistency needed to be a top-tier QB. Can he go out there, stay in the pocket (because he clearly doesn't want to run/isn't running), and be a nails rhythm passer game in, game out? We haven't seen that. 3-or-5 step, stick your plant foot in the ground, get the ball out right away just, game after game, isn't KM.

Stout

Reaction score
The sheer ridiculousness of the first take is undermined only by the accused racism of the last point. Banner post, bud. Bye now.

:banned:

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone's saying he can't make basic plays. At least on my part, I'm saying he can't make basic plays with the kind of consistency needed to be a top-tier QB. Can he go out there, stay in the pocket (because he clearly doesn't want to run/isn't running), and be a nails rhythm passer game in, game out? We haven't seen that. 3-or-5 step, stick your plant foot in the ground, get the ball out right away just, game after game, isn't KM.
Agree and I want to add

Be able to read the defense and make the right throw even after going through his progressions

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
“Willed his team?” The one with arguably double the talent of any other team in that conference. Must’ve taken a lot of will. A feat no other Oklahoma QB had done before or after kyler, huh?
Now, now, Oklahoma did not have double the talent of Texas... we here at UT have just perfected the art of sucking no matter how many top recruits we have on the roster lol

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Take a break.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson