LeSean McCoy: Kyler is Trash

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Murray willed his team to a major college conference championship during his only full year as a starter at OU.

But hey, please continue with your Jim Henson thing. I find it entertaining most of the time, although little on the weird side.
Point being, high school and college mean nothing now. If anything, KM self-referring back to them is pathetic. He's an NFL QB, paid as a top-3 one, and playing like a not-top-3-by-a-country-mile one.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Murray willed his team to a major college conference championship during his only full year as a starter at OU.

But hey, please continue with your Jim Henson thing. I find it entertaining most of the time, although little on the weird side.
"Willed"?!?! Are you kidding me? He was QB for one of the most talented rosters in the nation that year. He played 4 games vs top 25 teams all year and lost two of them. He didn't "will" anything.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Point being, high school and college mean nothing now. If anything, KM self-referring back to them is pathetic. He's an NFL QB, paid as a top-3 one, and playing like a not-top-3-by-a-country-mile one.
To this point...does anyone refer to Mahomes college success? Josh Allens? Aaron Rodgers? Tom Brady? Justin Herbert? Lamar Jackson? Russell Wilson? Jalen Hurts?

No, because no one cares. The only reason people talk about it with Kyler is because he has underachieved in the NFL, part of that being totally his fault.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You really gotta stop doing this, lol.

It’s just an easy layup every time for folks on other side of this & I don’t blame them one bit.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am not sold on KM but will support him cause he is our QB. I thought we should have traded him before extending his contract. I am on board with Shady but he does come off like bitter scorn ex.

Whats so funny about this was they were talking about Ayton and Kyler's name only came up about video games and such. Shady went that route for no reason.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

“Willed his team?” The one with arguably double the talent of any other team in that conference. Must’ve taken a lot of will. A feat no other Oklahoma QB had done before or after kyler, huh?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If this was the case, then you can see how much he has regressed. :)

Hasn't "willed his team" to any playoff or division-clinching wins at the NFL level. Just the opposite.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Absolute Trash Analysis by McCoy!!!

"He ain't Mahomes," said McCoy, who spent 2019 in Kansas City. "Let me tell you about Mahomes real quick: the majority of Mahomes' passes are (based on) timing. Third step, hit, boom, ball's out. Fifth step, boom, ball's out. Now sometimes he goes off script, we all can do that ... (but) not every pass! Every pass, (Murray is) holding the ball, let's make a miracle. Every game he's played. Watch him play. It's really embarrassing, to be honest. Like, who's coaching this kid?"

So Basically the only play that McCoy has seen of the Cardinals was the one highlight of Murray vs the Raiders where he scrambles for 20 seconds. What a joke!

Hey McCoy, did you even watch the Cards Rams game???

Here are the highlight from that game McCoy. Show me all of those miracle attempts where he holds the ball too long and runs around on every single pass attempt.

Last edited:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
The unvarnished truth:

He ain't reading no coverages," McCoy said, suggesting Murray's infamous contract clause -- which mandated a certain amount of film study -- makes sense in light of the QB's style of play. "When a quarterback is running around like that all day, all night, all game, that's because he's not reading any coverages."

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The unvarnished truth:

He ain't reading no coverages," McCoy said, suggesting Murray's infamous contract clause -- which mandated a certain amount of film study -- makes sense in light of the QB's style of play. "When a quarterback is running around like that all day, all night, all game, that's because he's not reading any coverages."

Show me where Murray is running around like that all day and all night? Look at the highlights that I posted above. The only time Murray runs in that game is when the protection broke down from the beginning.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not sold on KM but will support him cause he is our QB. I thought we should have traded him before extending his contract. I am on board with Shady but he does come off like bitter scorn ex.

Whats so funny about this was they were talking about Ayton and Kyler's name only came up about video games and such. Shady went that route for no reason.
I'm beginning to wonder if he's even good at video games at this point.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess it is one of my pet peeves when fans or others in the sports world refer to players as "trash". It dehumanizes the players and immediately puts the conversation in an attack mode type of discussion. Also, once players are dehumanized, we don't have to give an F about the fact that they are actually young men with families, risking their future health in a dangerous sport, most of who are not getting paid the Kyler type money. They are just images on our TV screen for our amusement while we sit on our fat asses and rip them up for their mistakes while we forget about our own, right?

Shady had some good critiques, he probably should have stuck with those without throwing the "trash" label on Kyler.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Absolute Trash Analysis by McCoy!!!

So Basically the only play that McCoy has seen of the Cardinals was the one highlight of Murray vs the Raiders where he scrambles for 20 seconds. What a joke!

Hey McCoy, did you even watch the Cards Rams game???

Here are the highlight from that game McCoy. Show me all of those miracle attempts where he holds the ball too long and runs around on every single pass attempt.

with the exception of the abraisive language, he’s not far off. Kyler’s biggest weakness is the fundamentals of the game like reading defenses and going thru his progression

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. Not many outside of the organization care for Kyler and Kliff
Kyler gets tons of praise in the media for what he can do. He is also rightfully getting a lot of criticism for his start this year. Just like Russell Wilson.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
with the exception of the abraisive language, he’s not far off.
So you agree with McCoy saying:

Now sometimes he goes off script, we all can do that ... (but) not every pass! Every pass, (Murray is) holding the ball, let's make a miracle. Every game he's played. Watch him play. It's really embarrassing, to be honest. Like, who's coaching this kid?"

Can you show me all of these plays where Murray is going off script last week and holding onto the ball trying to make a miracle?

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kyler doesn't run around in circles on every play, but when you watch the highlight package that is what you see. When Kyler isn't creating havoc with his feet, no highlights are being created.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The unvarnished truth:

This

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler doesn't run around in circles on every play, but when you watch the highlight package that is what you see. When Kyler isn't creating havoc with his feet, no highlights are being created.
This isn't true at all, nor has been. Kyler makes a ton of plays from the pocket. (well usually)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This isn't true at all, nor has been. Kyler makes a ton of plays from the pocket. (well usually)
I disagree. Kyler is not a good timing and rhythm QB. Rarely does he hit his back foot, step up, and deliver the football. He also isnt consistent with his feet when he moves through his progressions which is a rare occurrence. He is late on a majority of progression throw if he doesn't deliver the ball to the primary read.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson