Cardinals trade pick #23 for Hollywood Brown

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't find split stats that show left or right but it does appear to me especially in the last game that he was throwing left way more than right. Which is why that first 3rd and 2 play where he never even looked left is so weird
Definitely last game. Hollywood caught 13 balls from the left.

He started throwing much more to the left after Green got injured...

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
True but last year when DHop was out and Kirk was in the same basic situation, Kirk continued to play the slot because he wasn't able to play outside, and Kirk's numbers weren't as good as Brown's are now.

Kirk is having a great year, Brown is having a very good year(not enough TD's to be great) in a situation where the only other productive receiver is a UDFA in Dortch.

The problem again is all the missed draft picks that forced us to trade for Brown. He's a very good player, IMO he's better so far than Kirk was in this offense. But we're also seeing that if/when D Hop is gone, we're probably going to have to draft or trade for more WR help because Brown does not have the same gravity D Hop does
As good as Brown has already been, I think when DHop comes back he will be even better, because they can move him all over the field.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As good as Brown has already been, I think when DHop comes back he will be even better, because they can move him all over the field.

I think his volume will go down but yes he'll be more lethal.

That one last week the deep shot was so close. I still found it odd he didn't lay out for it but I guess he figured run through it full speed is better than dive.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think his volume will go down but yes he'll be more lethal.

That one last week the deep shot was so close. I still found it odd he didn't lay out for it but I guess he figured run through it full speed is better than dive.
Linda and I talked about it. Laying out like that at the speed he was going is dangerous. Even if he did lay out, I don't think he catches it. Kyler missed him by that much.

You must be registered for see images attach

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Can they send him downfield more than once or twice a game? Can they send ANYONE past 5 yards more than a few times a game? Can they? Can they?

I'm sure that some Sir Statsalot will come up with some graph that shows they do. But I don't see much past 5-10 yards in the games.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
He's better so far than he was in Baltimore because he still doesn't have an official drop. He had 3 drops in one half in a game in Baltimore last year. I don't think he's a great player he's certainly not a #1 wr but I do think he's better than Kirk.

The real problem right now is Green did nothing and is now hurt and Rondale hasn't even played because he's hurt so our 2nd best WR is Dortch.

I do agree his targets will fall off when D Hop is back. I mentioned it the other day D Hop always lines up on the left, Hollywood has been mostly on the left so far so I assume he will switch to the right. I hope that translates into us being able to attack both sides of the field, so far it seems like most of our offense is throwing left or middle, we got nothing right except when Dortch is over there.
So this begs the question was he worth trading our first round draft pick for him? Could that draft pick have been better spent on a CB or a true edge player? Was the trade made to satiate Murray because he wanted him here?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can they send him downfield more than once or twice a game? Can they send ANYONE past 5 yards more than a few times a game? Can they? Can they?

I'm sure that some Sir Statsalot will come up with some graph that shows they do. But I don't see much past 5-10 yards in the games.
I think they only did twice last game. Kyler loves to fling it and I think he would if he were playing better/line was blocking better. Especially at RT.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So this begs the question was he worth trading our first round draft pick for him? Could that draft pick have been better spent on a CB or a true edge player? Was the trade made to satiate Murray because he wanted him here?
Probably. Would the pick had played if we did draft him? There is plenty of evidence that he wouldn't.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope he can make some big plays in the next games cause we are one of worse nfl teams in big plays

WakeForestCard

Veteran
Reaction score
To be fair, the question would be is that potential draft pick (on a CB or true edge) better than the Brown / Myjai Sanders combo. Since we did get a 3rd back from the Ravens as well.

Unfortunately, we probably will never know about Sanders since they refuse to put him on the field.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We really haven't other than a couple of times and maybe we don't trust the OL I don't know or in the first 2 games they played 2 high safety the whole game. With the Rams they played quite a bit of safety over the top to help the young CB's.

But we had it perfect Kyler just barely overthrew it

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Imagine the offense right now without him? Who would be our Wr remember we knew about D Hops' suspension at least the team did.

I'm fine with that trade if we don't make that trade you could get Elam for a future CB, or Linderbaum or Jermaine Johnson but I think they knew they needed the Wr help

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will say this. If D Hop wasn't suspended I would think we probably wind up making the deal anyways on draft day. Drake London was already gone and all the other rookie Wr's who've made any impact at all were off the board by 23. So we would have had to trade up to get a WR.

So instead we got Hollywood and a pick for our pick but we're going to have to pay him a ton of money.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Imagine the offense right now without him? Who would be our Wr remember we knew about D Hops' suspension at least the team did.

I'm fine with that trade if we don't make that trade you could get Elam for a future CB, or Linderbaum or Jermaine Johnson but I think they knew they needed the Wr help
Imagine! We might not have scored any TDs on Sunday.

Greg Dortch can catch a bunch of little outs.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Imagine! We might not have scored any TDs on Sunday.

Greg Dortch can catch a bunch of little outs.

We might be close to as bad as the Josh Rosen as starting QB year.

I'd rather have Drake London or Garrett Wilson on a rookie contract but both were gone before we picked so they wouldn't have been there and I wouldn't have traded up to get them the Hollywood deal was better.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
While we are all frustrated with the offense, I will try to reserve judgement until I see Hop, Brown, Moore and Whoever #4 WR is play 2-3 games together. I would take Wesley and Dortch over Green all day.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
We might be close to as bad as the Josh Rosen as starting QB year.

I'd rather have Drake London or Garrett Wilson on a rookie contract but both were gone before we picked so they wouldn't have been there and I wouldn't have traded up to get them the Hollywood deal was better.
A big balls move would have been to trade up for one of those guys...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose