The Cardinals Are Trash

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jake Plummer had more 4th quarter comebacks by the end of his second season than Kyler has had through last week.

Sure, but generally we crumble under Kyler.

of course when you're behind literally every week the odds of a comeback increase.

That was the part of the Plummer mystique I never quite got, why didn't the people who paid attention to all the comebacks pay attention to how bad he was in the first half? At one point with him we set a record for most consecutive games without scoring a point on the first drive I don't remember how bad it was but it was bad.

Where I think Jake is a good parallel is when he got to Denver with a great coach, he got much better. he was still Jake which is why Shanahan ultimately gave up and drafted a QB, but he was much better than he was here. Which I believe can be the case with Kyler if we get him better coaching.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You guys treat this like crazy. It’s like you see a gorgeous girl and you tell yourself you have no shot to get her and then you walk up and ask her to dance and she says no. Then you go off on her acting like she is trash because she said no even though 60 seconds earlier you said you had no shot. Lol. We lost to 2 really good teams. Who we all thought we would lose too anyway Period. We were 10-1 last year and got no where. Let’s see where we are after our players get back and our schedule gets easier
Um, what?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This isn't too bad considering I don't think we had any in Week 1. Probably above average the last 2 weeks in this metric.

While sloppy I don't think the D is the problem.

Niners have played Bears, Seahawks and a struggling Broncos offense.

You must be registered for see images attach

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This isn't too bad considering I don't think we had any in Week 1. Probably above average the last 2 weeks in this metric.

the D only sucks at the beginning of the game it seems....the raiders and the rams both got shut down pretty damn good once they got their stuff together.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

The defense has played well enough to win 2 out of 3 games so far.

The defense would look a heck of a lot better if the offense played better.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the D only sucks at the beginning of the game it seems....the raiders and the rams both got shut down pretty damn good once they got their stuff together.

They spend so much time on the field at the beginning of games though. The O as sucked hard early. So many 3 and outs.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Yep - the offense is where all of our resources are invested, and they have been awful for about 8 months. This group is just so undisciplined and lazy. We're 4 years into this QB/coach pairing, and NOBODY is on the same page. It's a joke.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I "remember" watching their running game running thru our line effortlessly (seems like) in the last quarter? Am I mistaken?

Also (I'm going to say it), KK is not very smart not changing up his offensive scheme any. When your long ball threat wr only shows one route going long (from the metric posted earlier). Your DC, VJ, doesn't play to your players strengths and the scheme is obviously too confusing. And, your (our) qb isn't very Smart with all the bad decisions he makes, slides in bounds instead of running out of bounds and not stopping the clock, runs out of bounds behind the LOS instead of throwing the ball away, etc., etc.

They make foolish mistake after mistake and are not smart enough to realize it and change it up. There is so much more that I could complain about, but, I consider myself a :koolaid: and will stop for now. It's just so frustrating to watch the same mistakes over and over with the same results. It's not changing. Enough for now:deadhorse:
:deadhorse2:

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Many of you are fans for 20,30,40 years for this franchise, respectfully, WHY?
Battered spouse syndrome. I keep praying that maybe they'll change, that they really do love me like they said they did when we took those vows. Maybe it's me. Maybe if I was a better fan, I might not get slapped around so much. I do have a smart mouth at times. Maybe I deserved it. Love makes you do crazy things.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You all
Pretty much predicted us to lose to the chiefs and rams. Then when we do call the team trash. How does that make sense
We predicted we'd lose to those teams because we are trash. Then we lost without really being all that competitive. Trash before, still trash now. That's just called being consistent in our takes.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And the D gives up tons of ToP to the other team, regardless of what the O is doing. Early games are a problem for both sides of the ball.
Very much this.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And the D gives up tons of ToP to the other team, regardless of what the O is doing. Early games are a problem for both sides of the ball.
Our D has allowed the opposition to score on first 3 consecutive possessions in ALL 3 games. I heard today that we are the first team to have ever accomplished such a feat. The offense has been awful too, but you just can’t consistently play from behind and expect miracles to happen.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our D has allowed the opposition to score on first 3 consecutive possessions in ALL 3 games. I heard today that we are the first team to have ever accomplished such a feat. The offense has been awful too, but you just can’t consistently play from behind and expect miracles to happen.
D has been equally terrible. If the offense wasn't bad at the same time, the games would be closer.

There's so much work that needs to be done on both sides of the ball.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The defense has played well enough to win 2 out of 3 games so far.

Agreed. The Rams are super limited though this year. I think 10 wins walks away with our division.

Stout

Reaction score
You all
Pretty much predicted us to lose to the chiefs and rams. Then when we do call the team trash. How does that make sense
Because the reason we thought we would definitely lose to them is because we think this team is trash. Losing games because you're trash doesn't absolve you of being trash.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But it’s mostly Kyler’s fault on the handful of freezes screen grabs message board posters out on here. We could literally do screen grabs for every QB in the game of “wide open”, the better option to throw to players every Sunday. The fact is I see WIDE open schemed WRs open every game w the teams that are playing well - BUF/Miami.. making it far easier for the QB. These teams are also getting consistent chunk plays as it’s not these little 5-10 yard come back routes or out routes.. ran over and over again. These schemes also get your QB in rhythm and get his confidence going.

This is not a Kyler can do no wrong post.. he could have made a number of better decisions, progressions on Sunday. There were SIX official drops on Sunday ? How much successful would have our team been on Sunday with a few select screen grabs VS what should have happened a completely diff offensive strategy/play calling? That is what should ultimately be looked at.

We aren’t winning the game w the 3-4 screen grabs.. the play calling still was going to be what it was on the next set of downs.
Espn said the cards had 5 drops in the first half most teams don’t have that all season yet lol….

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Espn said the cards had 5 drops in the first half most teams don’t have that all season yet lol….
It’s truly is funny how selective the I Hate Kyler Crew IHKC is with their facts..

- 6 official drops, doesn’t include stopped routes or catches we think folks should have made.
- 3 of top 4 targets not playing
-Kliffys play calling - how can one argue this at this point? Browns route tree is evidence. As pointed out before, you’ll see Hill, Adams, etc route tree and movement all over the field.
-O-line. Name a top 10 QB w a worse Oline. Doesn’t exist.

But let’s grab a few screens and tell message board posters Kyler should have thrown here and here. Could do that w every QB every game.

Stout

Reaction score
It’s truly is funny how selective the I Hate Kyler Crew IHKC is with their facts..

- 6 official drops, doesn’t include stopped routes or catches we think folks should have made.
-Kliffys play calling - how can one argue this at this point? Browns route tree is evidence. As pointed out before, you’ll see Hill, Adams, etc route tree and movement all over the field.

But let’s grab a few screens and tell message board posters Kyler should have thrown here and here. Could do that w every QB every game.
It's pathological how perfect you think KM is. He slid inbounds during the hurryup offense when we were supposed to be trying to score quickly. Riddle that fact away.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The O line is fine. This is pure fantasy.

The O line is currently 12th in ESPN pass block win rate.

Some people expect Kyler to always be kept clean. No O line achieves that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA