Zach Allen

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is just ridiculous. After his injury issues the last three years, if Keim had extended him this offseason, everyone would have lost their minds.
Did you see any reference to resigning or extending him?
What I’m saying is if you recognize a players value don’t wait until he’s a free agent. The sooner you resign him the cheaper he will be in the long run.
It might be the toughest part of a GM’s job. But when you leave a player reach free agency most times you can’t afford him.
Do you think there is any player currently on the team worth resigning a year early?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Eh, he's still limited. Showing an unsuccessful play and crowing because he beat his man doesn't do it. He's the kind of player who can be a monster on a stacked line, but he's not going to get the sacks on his own. Which is no terrible thing. He's a good player on his own, just not a game changer.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Eh, he's still limited. Showing an unsuccessful play and crowing because he beat his man doesn't do it. He's the kind of player who can be a monster on a stacked line, but he's not going to get the sacks on his own. Which is no terrible thing. He's a good player on his own, just not a game changer.
He’s Antonio Smith looking for his Darnell Dockett.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure everyone was onboard with an extension this summer for allen
The devil would have been in the details for me. If he signed a top 5 deal or even top 10, it wouldn't have sat well. If the idea was to sign him early cheaper, I agree that most would have been on board with that.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The devil would have been in the details for me. If he signed a top 5 deal or even top 10, it wouldn't have sat well. If the idea was to sign him early cheaper, I agree that most would have been on board with that.
Why in 2 to 3 years with rising costs it would be a bargain :)

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Reminds me of Vanden Bosch. A little thicker but very similar. Vanden Bosch went on to have a pretty good career after his time here. Not sure Allen is quite as good as VB but he's not bad.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Given his stats and injury history I don’t think there’s anyone in the world, including his agent and parents, that would’ve expected a top 5 or top 10 deal. Players like him get signed all the time for non-top 5/10 deals.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
But he’s got a jJ watt. Isn’t that supposed to be his dockett?
I'm sure that's what Keim was imagining when he signed Watt to that insane deal. But Watt has played fewer defensive snaps than Michael Dogbe so far this year.

FO's Snap Counts only go back to 2012, but Dockett and Campbell each played nearly 60% of snaps that season. Those guys were nails.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I'm sure that's what Keim was imagining when he signed Watt to that insane deal. But Watt has played fewer defensive snaps than Michael Dogbe so far this year.

FO's Snap Counts only go back to 2012, but Dockett and Campbell each played nearly 60% of snaps that season. Those guys were nails.
Hell, Calais's old ass would still start on our line.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/calais-campbell/4364

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
When my son played in middle school, his speed would have him in the backfield almost every play. The challenge was he would be 5 yards deep, but blow right by the ball. Told him his speed is useless if he wasn't watching the ball, lol. Fortunately, he got better and was a pretty good defensive end, giving QBs and RBs trouble.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose