Not giving up yet.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm just as frustrated as everyone else, I join in on the game day threads with sarcasm & dark side stuff, but I consider myself somewhere in between the dark side & sunshine pumpers, if there's any of the latter's left even lol? The Rams could've easily had more points but we missed some things also, that being said, KK could definitely call better plays. I really wish he would go back & look at the way he called plays in 2019, that was very creative play calling imo. I thought he would've expanded on those calls in 20 & 21 but he hasn't & it gets very predictable. There's still time to change, maybe he will? Not gonna hold my breath on that though lol. I'm not a big VJ fan at all, there's better DC's out there, Vic Fangio for one, or at least he was. That being said, the defense kept us in the game on Sunday & we should have 2 CB's more to work with soon. Mullens may still need time on the playbook & Hamilton should be ready Sunday I hope? We owe the Panthers, we're due to beat them damnit lol. The schedule does soften up the next 3 weeks, except the Eagles game. If we can win 2 out of the next 3 then that's better than many expected us to be with Hopkins being out. Having Hopkins & Moore in the lineup will definitely make our offense better. The Rams are not as good as last year, the 49ers looked awful last night & Seattle just isn't that good. We're only one game out of the division right now & we should have Hopkins for the next Rams game. I'm trying to stay positive guys, I know we have many flaws & Keim bringing in the players but at this point we have what we have. Let's see what happens when we're playing with a full deck?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm just as frustrated as everyone else, I join in on the game day threads with sarcasm & dark side stuff, but I consider myself somewhere in between the dark side & sunshine pumpers, if there's any of the latter's left even lol? The Rams could've easily had more points but we missed some things also, that being said, KK could definitely call better plays. I really wish he would go back & look at the way he called plays in 2019, that was very creative play calling imo. I thought he would've expanded on those calls in 20 & 21 but he hasn't & it gets very predictable. There's still time to change, maybe he will? Not gonna hold my breath on that though lol. I'm not a big VJ fan at all, there's better DC's out there, Vic Fangio for one, or at least he was. That being said, the defense kept us in the game on Sunday & we should have 2 CB's more to work with soon. Mullens may still need time on the playbook & Hamilton should be ready Sunday I hope? We owe the Panthers, we're due to beat them damnit lol. The schedule does soften up the next 3 weeks, except the Eagles game. If we can win 2 out of the next 3 then that's better than many expected us to be with Hopkins being out. Having Hopkins & Moore in the lineup will definitely make our offense better. The Rams are not as good as last year, the 49ers looked awful last night & Seattle just isn't that good. We're only one game out of the division right now & we should have Hopkins for the next Rams game. I'm trying to stay positive guys, I know we have many flaws & Keim bringing in the players but at this point we have what we have. Let's see what happens when we're playing with a full deck?
This logic is good and you are all counting on all 53 starters being healthy to get a wild card playoff spot. Injuries are part of NFL. By the time, DHop returns some other starter will go down and then what?

If a starting QB plays 9 games and you are 2-7 in them and your starting QB and head coach have a losing record after 3 seasons, it is time to clean house starting with GM and down except for the talented QB.

No unicorn is coming to save you.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This logic is good and you are all counting on all 53 starters being healthy to get a wild card playoff spot. Injuries are part of NFL. By the time, DHop returns some other starter will go down and then what?

If a starting QB plays 9 games and you are 2-7 in them and your starting QB and head coach have a losing record after 3 seasons, it is time to clean house starting with GM and down except for the talented QB.

I get it but by cleaning house, do you really trust MB to hire a good coach? It's been said he was hell bent on hiring Steve Wilks & we see how that turned out. We could be in worse shape, I've actually thought about that.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I never expected them to beat the Rams. We just aren’t at their level yet. With that said, they still have a shot to be a playoff team.

As you mentioned, there are some winnable games coming up. Personally I’d be thrilled if they are 3-3 when Hop returns against the Saints.

It’s a long season and I’m not writing them off just yet either. Everyone wants them to not just start fast, but finish strong. Maybe this will be the year where this team actually plays it’s best football in the latter part of the year.

And I agree, we are due to beat the Panthers. They’ve owned us for too long! It will be a tough game but again, a victory on Sunday and a 2-2 record keeps us right in the mix.

If however they fall to 1-3 that’s an uphill climb they might not be able to overcome.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Especially since the talented quarterback is no unicorn either…..

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I haven't totally given up yet, mainly because the NFC teams almost all seem to be having problems.

With that said, I have almost no faith in Kingsbury at all. I feel like if it turns around it will be in spite of him and will be on the backs of our players making plays.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Making the playoffs again would be the worst thing to happen.

Bidwill would act like everything is on schedule.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Making the playoffs again would be the worst thing to happen.

Bidwill would act like everything is on schedule.
I am sorry playoffs are good..you cannot can people for making playoffs in two consecutive seasons..it is not fair..

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I get it but by cleaning house, do you really trust MB to hire a good coach? It's been said he was hell bent on hiring Steve Wilks & we see how that turned out. We could be in worse shape, I've actually thought about that.
MB got Bruce right and Kliff hiring partly right. Wilks was a bad one..that doesn't mean he would hire another Wilks guaranteed.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
MB got Bruce right and Kliff hiring partly right. Wilks was a bad one..that doesn't mean he would hire another Wilks guaranteed.
No, it's not guaranteed but as many people have faith in MB as they do SK & KK which ain't many lol.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I never expected them to beat the Rams. We just aren’t at their level yet. With that said, they still have a shot to be a playoff team.

As you mentioned, there are some winnable games coming up. Personally I’d be thrilled if they are 3-3 when Hop returns against the Saints.

It’s a long season and I’m not writing them off just yet either. Everyone wants them to not just start fast, but finish strong. Maybe this will be the year where this team actually plays it’s best football in the latter part of the year.

And I agree, we are due to beat the Panthers. They’ve owned us for too long! It will be a tough game but again, a victory on Sunday and a 2-2 record keeps us right in the mix.

If however they fall to 1-3 that’s an uphill climb they might not be able to overcome.
I tried to find a positive in the Hopkins suspension so here it is. He'll come back about 2 games before the halfway point, maybe that keeps us from fading down the stretch?

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I haven't totally given up yet, mainly because the NFC teams almost all seem to be having problems.

With that said, I have almost no faith in Kingsbury at all. I feel like if it turns around it will be in spite of him and will be on the backs of our players making plays.
He has many flaws as a head coach that I thought would be fixed by now? Like I said in the thread post, he could change things by looking back at how creative his calls were in 2019, then adding to it.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Haha I was at dave n busters on sun

When kliff decided to roll the dice and looked like a moron the whole place was filled with loud curse words lol ugh stupid coach

Hope kliffy boy learned a lesson in embarrassing rams finish

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Defensively I just think the league has figured out how to play Kk and K1. Play two deep, keep everything in front and keep him in the pocket with the rush. Kliff just hasn’t seem to figure away around this consistency yet. He tries two many horizontal pass plays for me. I don’t like the fact we have very little pre-snap movement etc. I see way too many other teams WRs running wide open each week and ours run 2-5 yards patterns

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Defensively I just think the league has figured out how to play Kk and K1. Play two deep, keep everything in front and keep him in the pocket with the rush. Kliff just hasn’t seem to figure away around this consistency yet. He tries two many horizontal pass plays for me. I don’t like the fact we have very little pre-snap movement etc. I see way too many other teams WRs running wide open each week and ours run 2-5 yards patterns
DC's have us figured out for sure

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He should've tried to actually tell Kyler to let it fly on a few more of them horizontals, maybe he completes a few that go for scores? Just off on the one to Hollywood & Isabella quit running the route on the other. It's frustrating that KK doesn't call more crossing patterns, delayed TE drags or more pre snap motion to see how the defense reacts. Again, he needs to go back & look at the things he used in 2019 for starters. Getting Hopkins back should free up more deep shots. The Rams just know how to play Kyler now. I heard tonight that the Cardinals are 0-10-1 when Kyler has less than 5 rushing attempts, 3 of those losses are to the Rams.