Arizona Cardinals @ Carolina Panthers Pregame Thread. 9/26/22-10/02/22

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
We do not beat Carolina, they have our number. McCaffrey will run rampant on us, be a top receiver against us and vice versa. Just like Cooper Kupp. Mind blowing that Vance Joseph does not make an ample attempt prior to these games to blanket the one guy the whole universe knows will be our downfall during the game. We are the Cardinals, we will lose to the freaking Panthers, but in some ugly fashion beat the Eagles, which makes no sense at all

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
It's probably going to be a mud track on Sunday as they expect hurricane Ian to drop several inches of rain here (I'm in Charlotte now) on Friday/Saturday so the field is going to be soggy. That will make a slow Connor even slower.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“Hollywood" Brown, who broke out with 14 catches on Sunday, as well as Greg Dortch, Andy Isabella and Andre Baccellia.”

what’s the average height of those 4 ?

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Is there any chance that the NFL would move the game to Arizona? Or even to a neutral field not affected by the storm?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
We do not beat Carolina, they have our number. McCaffrey will run rampant on us, be a top receiver against us and vice versa. Just like Cooper Kupp. Mind blowing that Vance Joseph does not make an ample attempt prior to these games to blanket the one guy the whole universe knows will be our downfall during the game. We are the Cardinals, we will lose to the freaking Panthers, but in some ugly fashion beat the Eagles, which makes no sense at all
Cooper Kupp had 4 catches for 44 yards yesterday. He was far, far from the issue for the defense. The TE screens to Higbee were far more detrimental and demoralizing for the defense yesterday.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Cooper Kupp had 4 catches for 44 yards yesterday. He was far, far from the issue for the defense. The TE screens to Higbee were far more detrimental and demoralizing for the defense yesterday.
In a game decides by 8 points, him having a rushing TD is significant

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
It's probably going to be a mud track on Sunday as they expect hurricane Ian to drop several inches of rain here (I'm in Charlotte now) on Friday/Saturday so the field is going to be soggy. That will make a slow Connor even slower.

Charlotte changed to Field turf (artificial surface). It's going to be wet/rainy but won't be muddy.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Regular season games? Feels like we were a road dog at SoFi against the Rams.

But that was a prime time game. Prime time trumps home vs away. Cardinals get freaked out by audiences. Cardinals win road games thats nobody is watching.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
My son bought tickets for my birthday. Going to gut it out and wear cardinal colors. Good luck, Panthers fans are cool.
Don't know if you have been to the stadium before or not in Charlotte, but I went there a couple months ago to see a Billy Joel concert and traffic and parking were horrendous. There is no parking lot at the stadium at all so there is no tailgating because there is nowhere to have it. All parking is in parking garages and you should really have a parking pass pre purchased for the event. It took us 45 minutes to go one block to get to our parking garage because we needed to make a left hand turn and even though there were cops on every street corner, they did zero to help move traffic along. Maybe one car got to turn left every traffic cycle because when the light turned green people had the right of way to cross the street and it was a constant stream of people until the light turned red again.

Don't expect to just turn into a garage and get to park unless you already have a pass for that garage. There is a rail system that will bring you in from outside the city close to the stadium and then you just walk a few blocks. If I ever go back that will be the way I go in.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Be less predictable.

Kyler as 12 rushed for 65 yards through 3 games. That's 4/22 per game with one of the best rushing QB's in the league. Use the tools you have.
Some of thats on Kyler. Some of that is on our Oline.

Our pass blocking was worse in 2020, but seemed to be really good for those Kyler runs. Our pass blocking has been much better since last year. Kyler didnt run very well during our 7-0 start.

However something has to change without Hopkins. I think not just Kyler, but I'd like us to just say screw it and run the ball 40 times. Field is going to be crap anyway. Just use all 3 backs and Kyler in the run game, set up some play action and find a way to win 2 of the next 3 games.

Last edited:

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Some of thats on Kyler. Some of that is on our Oline.

Our pass blocking was worse in 2020, but seemed to be really good for those Kyler runs. Our pass blocking has better much better since last year. Kyler didnt run very well during our 7-0 start.

However something has to change without Hopkins. I think not just Kyler, but I'd like us to just say screw it and run the ball 40 times. Field is going to be crap anyway. Just use all 3 backs and Kyler in the run game, set up some play action and find a way to win 2 of the next 3 games.
Kliff had entire offseason and all he could do is making Hollywood Brown run DHop routes. Almost all phoenix journos and radio hosts are too timid and differential to ownerships for their perks that nobody takes them to task on public forums. #statemedia

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose