The Cardinals Are Trash

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Yeah so? He actually read the defense and found single coverage. If he threw the ball better, it would been a catch. There is always going to be second guessing and hindsight played when calls/games don't go your way. Just like on 4 of the 5 times Kliff went for it on 4th down and was successful.
Seriously man... On a 3rd and 2, and THAT is deemed your best bet? To pick on Ramsey and throw to a 35 year-old totally shot WR? Seriously??

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously man... On a 3rd and 2, and THAT is deemed your best bet? To pick on Ramsey and throw to a 35 year-old totally shot WR? Seriously??
I didn't argue AT ALL that it was his 'best bet.' The call wasn't terrible. The execution mostly on the part of Kyler was.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that aggressive? Or is it just poor effing judgement??? Wheres the line??? Atrocious decision.
QBs are taught to read coverages and look for 1 on 1 opportunities. He did all of that but didn't execute. Does that make it a bad call? Maybe with hindsight because the play was incomplete.

edit. I thought we were talking about Kyler and not Kliff.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol… seriously.

We scored 12 points. Against a banged up Rams team that had given up 68 points in the first two games.
THAT is the most concerning point of the entire game for me.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm amused that anyone is reacting to what Green is doing at this point. He proved last year that he was completely unreliable. Nothing has changed.
I think they were trying to build on him catching that game saving 2 point conversion play. It backfired and they adjusted.

AJ with just a little fight draws a PI with the way Ramsey was face guarding.
I actually don't have a big problem with it. They needed to try and get AJ going. It is clear he looks disinterested if he isn't involved early.

Plus Hollywood did pretty darn good against Jalen.
Its as I've said. They tried for one play to see if AJ has/had any juice and he didnt have it.
No Rondale Moore and Chase Edmunds for checkdowns for 1.

No Hopkins for tougher catches for 2.

Worse running game than last season has an effect also, because the D is keying more on the pass.

AJ was actually pretty good the 1st half of last season too. Ironically his last great game was against the Rams last year. He sort of fell off a cliff afterwards. I thought he could be counted on for 6 games until Hopkins comes back but yeesh.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
THAT is the most concerning point of the entire game for me.
And thats where its ultimately on Kyler. Lack of weapons, etc doesnt matter if he hits Ertz in the endzone and hits that homerun pass to Hollywood. I think we could have stole another game. He didnt capitalize and now the Cards are suffering because of it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And thats where its ultimately on Kyler. Lack of weapons, etc doesnt matter if he hits Ertz in the endzone and hits that homerun pass to Hollywood. I think we could have stole another game. He didnt capitalize and now the Cards are suffering because of it.
The offensive struggles are definitely on Kyler/Kliff.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Oh, they’re talking about it on 98.7 a lot today.

I’ve been impressed with how much they’re taking the coaching staff to task.
The fact that it has taken this long to become a huge issue is laughable. But I guess better late than never. It is my biggest issue with Vance.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
If Stafford hit those 2 bombs we get blown out! Kupp dropped a TD. Our defense very easily could’ve gave up 24 at the half! Just sayin

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hate piling on AJ with him being injured and all. However, this might have been a TD if he blocks anyone other than Brown.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
QBs are taught to read coverages and look for 1 on 1 opportunities. He did all of that but didn't execute. Does that make it a bad call? Maybe with hindsight because the play was incomplete.

edit. I thought we were talking about Kyler and not Kliff.
Ha! And I thought we were talking about the 4th and 4 go for it call....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose