This Mess Is Really All on MB

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I hate to say it, because overall I like MB and believe he wants to provide a great fan experience as well as field a winning team, but we all knew that when he extended SK and KK it was absolutely wrong. I believe you can make a case for the KM extension given that we had no Plan B at QB and Murray is an exceptional athlete, but to offer five-year extensions to two guys who have produced mediocre at best work was truly misguided. So, as frustrating as things are right now, who among us thought this team would be any better than what we've so far witnessed this season? Especially in light of last season's collapse. In fact, that alone should have produced, at best, "prove it" type deals for SK and KK. I know I'm stating the obvious, but I've grown tired of complaining about SK, KK, and KM when this mess was really created at the top.

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
It's all about the owner. Has been since Bill (and probably before, but that way pre-dates me).

I wish the NFL would force him to sell.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Why do we do this for 5 decades now?

Bidwill's don't care about winning. They just count money and move on.

Why can't you all?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
On what grounds?
There is no legal grounds at all. Unless a Sarver type ( I believe Bidwill is decent man so not going to happen) situation emerges, yeah, we are looking at 50 more years of losing. How many of you have that much time here? I don't.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no legal grounds at all. Unless a Sarver type ( I believe Bidwill is decent man so not going to happen) situation emerges, yeah, we are looking at 50 more years of losing. How many of you have that much time here? I don't.
Unlikely

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am still beyond shocked he handed out those 5 year extensions. I have absolutely no idea what he was thinking. Nobody gets those kind of extensions other than the best of the best, and he gave them to a coach and GM who are under any realistic measurement below average at their jobs to be kind.

Hard knocks is going to very interesting. If we are the dumpster fire we are very clearly capable of being when that airs it is really going to put pressure on Bidwill to fire them no matter the cost.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Michael is a very loyal guy. He wants to win. However I think he hitched his wagon to the wrong horses.
Fine and dandy. But meddling owners turn into Jerry Jones. They want a functional winning organization really bad. But all their actions are counterintuitive to the actual long term process of doing so. IMO at least.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If I read the tea leaves correct, Bidwill family sole income comes from Cardinals franchise. There is zero chance Bidwill's will ever sell the franchise unlike Jerry who could sell his franchise for 10 billion dollars overnight and walk away as the boss of his other billion dollar businesses.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fine and dandy. But meddling owners turn into Jerry Jones. They want a functional winning organization really bad. But all their actions are counterintuitive to the actual long term process of doing so. IMO at least.

Sadly, the "ol' college try" doesn't apply either because by its very nature it implies maximum effort.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I guess I'll be the contrarian:
MB has hired football guys and trusted them over his own instincts. He's hired old school football guys like Denny Green, Ken Whisenhunt, and Bruce Arians. I've lived here 53 years and Arizona is a garbage sports town. It's where players go to vacation, retire, and play year-round golf. The fanbase has ALWAYS been bandwagon (at best). See the Suns after the Barkley-led Suns played Jordan in the finals--also note this fanbase AFTER winning the world series. Amateur hour. I can't blame MB solely for this sorry ass sports team. It's a Phoenix tradition.

(Edit: I should add, obviously I'm not referring to any of the long-time fans on here, many of whom have been attending games for decades. You're the best part about this team and all our Cardinal teams)

Last edited:

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sadly, the "ol' college try" doesn't apply either because by its very nature it implies maximum effort.
No doubt. I have zero concerns about his intentions for this franchise. What bothers me is his maximum effort of going about it. The extensions of Keim/Kliff are proof IMO. When you're so emotional about something it usually doesn't allow you to be truly objective about that very same thing.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
The key is hiring a Bill Polian, Carl Peterson, Ernie Accorsi, Ron Wolfe type GM that brings a plan to build a franchise for the long term, stability & consistent winning. His knowledge applies to the draft, FA & finding a stable long term HC.

Hard to believe that the Stealers have had 3 HCs in 50 years!!! Think about that!!! That speaks volumes about the GM & decision makers on who builds their team.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Michael is a very loyal guy. He wants to win. However I think he hitched his wagon to the wrong horses.
Some call it loyalty but it’s more like being too big of a pansy (and cheap) to lose dead weight.

Unfortunately MB is beginning to suffer from an affliction most of us begin to show signs of as we get older which is becoming more and more like our fathers.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I am still beyond shocked he handed out those 5 year extensions. I have absolutely no idea what he was thinking. Nobody gets those kind of extensions other than the best of the best, and he gave them to a coach and GM who are under any realistic measurement below average at their jobs to be kind.

Hard knocks is going to very interesting. If we are the dumpster fire we are very clearly capable of being when that airs it is really going to put pressure on Bidwill to fire them no matter the cost.

The 5 year extensions were really shocking. My faith had degraded in him over the prior 4 seasons, but that finally made me realize that MB was in over his head

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There was a stat on MNF tonight saying that the Cowboys have 71% of their last 3 drafts on the roster this year, by far the most in the NFL. I don't know the numbers but I'd guess we don't have even close to half of that?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave