What is our identity?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We can’t dominate by running the ball.
We can’t dominate by passing the ball unless we are trailing by 14.
We can’t dominate stopping the run.
We can’t dominate stopping the pass.
We can’t dominate on special teams.
We can’t out-coach anybody.
We can’t dominate anyone physically.
We can’t out finesse anybody.
We certainly don’t outsmart anybody.

Who the hell are we? We are a team with no identity. We are definite a team with a reputation to be soft and easy to rattle.

Did I miss something?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
When you watch the Cards punter, do you think he is going to pin the punt inside the 10 yard line,

Do you think we are going to block any field goal,

Do you think hey may be they can take this kickoff to 50 yard line.

Do you ever think they are going to block this field goal,

Do you ever think they can get a sack ?

RB going off for a 55 yard TD run?

A 60 yard TD from QB,

I have never seen a team so bland in every aspect of the game. If corporate America tried to built a NFL team it would be this version of Cards as their first version of blandness

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you watch the Cards punter, do you think he is going to pin the punt inside the 10 yard line,

Do you think we are going to block any field goal,

Do you think hey may be they can take this kickoff to 50 yard line.

Do you ever think they are going to block this field goal,

Do you ever think they can get a sack ?

RB going off for a 55 yard TD run?

A 60 yard TD from QB,

I have never seen a team so bland in every aspect of the game. If corporate America tried to built a NFL team it would be this version of Cards as their first version of blandness
Bland is the perfection description of this team.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We have the identity of our QB.
This is lazy.

Herbert is a phenomenal QB, yet, he has bozo HC holding him down.

If the identity just only revolves around the QB, the Chargers would be undefeated right now.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bland is the perfection description of this team.
You know Cheese, I could live with bland if we did ANYTHING good. The only thing we are consistent is being inconsistent.
Three yard run then a 5 yard run and I freak we won’t get the first down. Just the opposite when the defense is on the field.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This is lazy.

If the identity just only revolves around the QB, the Chargers would be undefeated right now.
We’ll the Chargers are also a cursed franchise. That’s their identity. The cards turned everything over to Kyler and live and die with him. That started at the top down.

We brought in Kyler’s boy with our first round pick and will probably give him the bag.

We brought in a college coach in love with Kyler and installed an offense built around what he was comfortable with (and probably not to maximize his talent).

I think Kingsbury’s brief is keep Kyler happy. If Kyler wanted Kliff gone he’d probably be out sooner than later.

Why have a mobile QB and not have him move around? We’ll never know because Kliff is probably here for the next two years.

We’ll probably also go like 5-3 in the final eight games and pretend we’re building something.

Can’t wait to draft another ILB.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Don't ask Kliff. He doesn't know, said they need to find their identity in "the next couple of weeks" at his presser. Man is soooooooo far over his head it's painfully obvious. Except, of course, to Michael Bidwill who signed up for FIVE MORE YEARS of this crap.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This is lazy.

Our QB downplays practice and the work during the week because how you produce on game day is what matters. Our team reflects that though few have Kyler's talent.

Our QB likes to point fingers and lacks personal accountability. Our team plays like that.

Our QB is not physically dominating and our teams struggles to play with physicality.

Our QB is a slow starter on game day, and our team as a whole is as well.

Our QB shows questionable football IQ and the team does as well.

Of course things go hand in hand, and this isn't to say Kyler is the only person who sets our culture. You can probably remove Kyler and add Kliff to most of those statements and be fine. I just feel that identity is mostly about what you are and who you are despite the circumstances and professionals control that part of it. Again, I am a "less about the X's and Os and more about the Jim's and the Joe's" guy which doesn't mean I absolve the coaches, but just feel the players and what they choose to do matters more.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our QB downplays practice and the work during the week because how you produce on game day is what matters. Our team reflects that though few have Kyler's talent.

Our QB likes to point fingers and lacks personal accountability. Our team plays like that.

Our QB is not physically dominating and our teams struggles to play with physicality.

Of course things go hand in hand, and this isn't to say Kyler is the only person who sets our culture. You can probably remove Kyler and add Kliff to most of those statements and be fine. I just feel that identity is mostly about what you are and who you are despite the circumstances and professionals control that part of it. Again, I am a "less about the X's and Os and more about the Jim's and the Joe's" guy which doesn't mean I absolve the coaches, but just feel the players and what they choose to do matters more.
Very good analysis

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I couldn't disagree more. It all starts with the Head Coach who enables this entire team.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA