Rondale Moore silence is deafening

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man, these posts are going to age absolutely wonderfully.

In the last 12 regular season games Rondale Moore played (he will have missed six consecutive games this week) he's averaged 3.6 receptions and 21.1 yards per game.

I'm not even concerned

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AJ Green isn't getting yards. Dortch will slip back. Probably not 800 depending on how many more games but still expect him to push it yeah.

It wouldn't shock me if he got 750 but yeah depends on how long he's out. It's very clear to me they plan on making him a big part of the offense. Again look at Dortch 13 targets and 1 carry in 2 games. I love Dortch but a healthy Rondale in the same role is going to get more targets and more carries. now if he plays 10 games then 800 yards is a stretch with D Hop back, Hollywood, Ertz etc. But if he plays 13-14 games I'd expect him to put 750 or more.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
AJ Green isn't getting yards. Dortch will slip back. Probably not 800 depending on how many more games but still expect him to push it yeah.
Dortch has more twitch and quickness than Moore. Honestly, I prefer Dortch over Moore at this point.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dortch has more twitch and quickness than Moore. Honestly, I prefer Dortch over Moore at this point.

Disagree. Rondale can't stay healthy but when he is healthy he's got lots of acceleration and wiggle. Dortch is good and very reliable so far and he can get yards after the catch but Rondale is pretty good after the catch. But again has to be healthy or won't matter

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Disagree. Rondale can't stay healthy but when he is healthy he's got lots of acceleration and wiggle. Dortch is good and very reliable so far and he can get yards after the catch but Rondale is pretty good after the catch. But again has to be healthy or won't matter
See below. Dortch has Dante Hall type quickness IMO. Moore does not.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Dortch is more elusive/slippery than Rondale.

That’s it though.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
This is the deal. Moore is an athletic freak and physically more gifted than Dortch, but Dortch is no slouch and has more physical talent than a lot of other starting slot receivers with similar size. If Moore cannot stay on the field, a guy like Dortch can and will take his job. Moore can only hold onto to his draft status for so long to fend off a guy like Dortch who is leaving it all out there in not just the games but apparently in practice too. I would say this is a good problem to have if Moore could just stay in the game long enough for this to even be a competition. Pippin will take Merry's job if he is not careful

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
First 20 games on the roster

Moore
Receiving - 59/467/1 (7.9 avg)
Rushing - 16/76/0 (4.2 avg)

Isabella
Receiving - 19/336/3 (17.7 avg)
Rushing - 5/9/0 (1.8 avg)

Ability is great, but it all comes down to production, and Rondale hasn't been much more productive than Isabella at the start of their careers. Plenty of people had already started to write off Isabella when he had been in the league as long as Rondale has, too.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
disagree. He reminds me of Dontae Hall with the way he can move. Moore is fast, but not as twitchy as Dortch.

Rondale destroys Dortch in every combine test, including 3 cone.

There's a reason Dortch isn't running any of the hand offs and screens we would expect to see from Rondale.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Neither is Rondale.

Because he’s constantly injured.

Sure. But when he's not injured there's no real comparison.

I can only imagine y'all really hated Hump the first few years.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rondale is a greater athlete than Dortch. As I've said before Dortch looks like the more natural route runner. Could be wrong, but it seems like he has longer arms/larger catch radius as well.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First 20 games on the roster

Moore
Receiving - 59/467/1 (7.9 avg)
Rushing - 16/76/0 (4.2 avg)

Isabella
Receiving - 19/336/3 (17.7 avg)
Rushing - 5/9/0 (1.8 avg)

Ability is great, but it all comes down to production, and Rondale hasn't been much more productive than Isabella at the start of their careers. Plenty of people had already started to write off Isabella when he had been in the league as long as Rondale has, too.
Like 75% of the throws to Moore were screens. You know this is an extreemly disingenous comparison.