Robert Sarver is in Big Trouble (ANNOUNCES SALE PROCESS)

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
oh man... I really don't know if you guys understand how freaking amazing this would be. He already has a great relationship with Chris Paul. A mentorship. The guy was BELOVED by everyone at Disney and turned them into an unstoppable juggernaut.

I'm all aboard the Iger and Co. train!
I'm 100% with you on Iger. I've seen fans on other boards completely dismiss him based on his personal net worth but I think he'd be by far the best managing partner of the lot and he doesn't get the team if he can't raise the money.

Also don't just look at what he did while at Disney, look at what's happened in the short time he has been away.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
oh man... I really don't know if you guys understand how freaking amazing this would be. He already has a great relationship with Chris Paul. A mentorship. The guy was BELOVED by everyone at Disney and turned them into an unstoppable juggernaut.

I'm all aboard the Iger and Co. train!

there might be a mass bidding war for this team. they're currently a title contender and have a young core for the future in a city that has gorgeous weather 8 months out of the year.

Colangelo once had us as THE destination spot for a five year run. We could be that again with an owner with DEEEEEEEP pockets!

I also like the idea of Iger as owner, I just wonder if he has those DEEEEEEP pockets…

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
It would be cool if the new owner was a long standing Suns fan. There are only three billionaires under the age of 65 that live in Arizona:
Ernest Garcia III, 39, Carvana, $3.2 billion
George Kurtz, 51, CrowdStrike, $2.8 billion
Peter Sperling, 62, Apollo Education Group, $1.6 billion

Last edited:

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bummer.

Unless she would sell to become the owner
Of course she would, she likely bought that stake just to get her foot in the door. Lacob was a minority owner in the Celtics before buying the Warriors.

This is actually interesting because I knew nothing of her outside being Steve's wife. Her already having some ownership experience is encouraging(hopefully she views the Wizards as what not to do).

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
LOL

I used to work for him at GoDaddy in the early days.

If you think Bobby Sarver is a bad person, Bobby Parsons is no better and probably could even be worse, as what I know of him was based on employee chit-chat (and some personal observations).
+1 to this. Parsons would be worse than Saver with the way GoDaddy was run. That was a penny pinching operation under him and he tried to run it like the military. We'd be clamoring for a new owner before the ink dried.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I'm not sure Larry Ellison would be much of an upgrade. He has a long time reputation of being a massive jerk, too.
He's a jerk, but a competitive, must win jerk. I wouldn't mind it if he bought the team because I know we wouldn't suck from a lack of trying and desire. He'd be the Danny Ainge of owners. :)

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The suns need someone precisely the opposite of Sarver. Someone with impeccable character, imo.
Few billionaires have impeccable character. I’ll take one that will make sure this team remains a contender and let’s basketball people make basketball decisions

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I’ve heard Parsons is the spawn of satan. Keep him tf away.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
I also like the idea of Iger as owner, I just wonder if he has those DEEEEEEP pockets…
Expected outcome, all things considered. The nba couldn't do much themselves without a smoking gun. He was going to have to be forced out internally.

As for the new ownership, try not to focus on 1 person to buy the whole team as that just isn't done any more. Its going to be an ownership group that is going to take over

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
don't care. dump the baby with the bathwater in this case.

fresh start.
It would make zero sense for Sarver to only sell his 30%. He will get more buyers interested in paying more if he sells the entirety of the ownership. There are groups or buyers that will pay a premium to have a fresh slate with total control or handpicked minority ownership group. He is going to sell the entire thing to maximize his profit.