Robert Sarver is in Big Trouble (ANNOUNCES SALE PROCESS)

Sun Devil Mania

Veteran
Reaction score
Iger does not have the money to buy the team. He would have to part of a much larger group. Hopefully, the new ownership will be in a really good financial position and be able to make the right moves, regardless of cost!

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Iger does not have the money to buy the team. He would have to part of a much larger group. Hopefully, the new ownership will be in a really good financial position and be able to make the right moves, regardless of cost!
Its hard to find someone who buys a team then has the resources dump tons of money into it right away.
Maybe Mark Cuban.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I'd like to see Larry Fitz be a part of a group, where he can increase his ownership...Maybe he gets with TB12 and a few others??? I guess it depends on of the entire team is sold or if Sarver is just bought out of his %.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
good riddance to sarver. what's the $ worth of 35% ownership? and can we expect substantial changes with a new owner who only takes 35%? not sure anything surrounding the team will change that much. I think worse case scenario is the minority owners buy out sarver, we will just get more of the same.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I was reading an article last week about the richest man in AZ. Ernest Garcia II is worth over 4.4 billion and owns Drivetime and is a major share holder in Carvana. No clue if he would have any interest. He also got in some hot water in the 90s over a shady money deal. Not sure if that would affect anything. I want an owner with insanely deep pockets.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Robert Sarver has the power to sell the team in full as the managing partner.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I was reading an article last week about the richest man in AZ. Ernest Garcia II is worth over 4.4 billion and owns Drivetime and is a major share holder in Carvana. No clue if he would have any interest. He also got in some hot water in the 90s over a shady money deal. Not sure if that would affect anything. I want an owner with insanely deep pockets.

I just want an owner who will pride himself on the teams performance.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i'm sure there was pressure from the minority owners who gave him a chance to save face.
all this stuff you're hearing now about the Suns now being a great free-agent destination and saving their reputation?
all existed in the owners minds a full year ago -- smart business

also, you've got a guy on sports radio saying the NBA commissioner probably had an agreement with Sarver for him to sell
B.S.
Silver only looks worse after Sarver's announcement

i said from the beginning:
Sarver would be forced out,
the Suns family feud would be behind them soon
Ayton wasn't going anywhere
Bridges wasn't going anywhere
and Durant wasn't coming here

and that's just what i've been right about the past couple of months
forget betting on sports with cash. i get satisfaction by calling the off-court plays right

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just want an owner who will pride himself on the teams performance.
I want so much more than that from our next owner. If you reflect on it, I'm sure you do too.

At a minimum, we need an owner that won't be a constant embarrassment to the organization, the fans and everyone connected. Someone that oversees an oranization that follows the rules and treats all employees fairly while aggressively supporting a responsible Human Resources Department. An owner that hires the right people and actually follows the advice of those experts he puts in place. And so on.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Still an ass, even on the way out.

“As a man of faith, I believe in atonement and the path to forgiveness. I expected that the commissioner's one-year suspension would provide the time for me to focus, make amends and remove my personal controversy from the teams that I and so many fans love.

But in our current unforgiving climate, it has become painfully clear that that is no longer possible – that whatever good I have done, or could still do, is outweighed by things I have said in the past. For those reasons, I am beginning the process of seeking buyers for the Suns and Mercury.”
This guy is never gonna be a good guy

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Wow. Herm gone...Sarver gone...what a great week! Wasn't Bob Iger intrested in buying the suns at one point? A billionaire owner would be absolutely amazing for this franchise. These are exciting times!
The valley has never really had a deep pocket owner (although jerry acted like one sometimes). Would be amazing. I ain’t holding my breath though . . .

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
I’m putting together a group for ownership as starting with the forum members here. Think of the basketball wisdom and value we bring to the table! Sure, there may be occasional fights and arguments over roster spot #15, but we’re about results and will get stuff done!

Many people of us have owned fantasy basketball teams which is really no different.

Who’s in?!

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I'm not against Iger the way some seem to be since it takes more than money to be a good owner(Sterling was the richest NBA owner for most of the time he had the Clippers) and I think he'd have more than sufficient backing along with ability to run an organization, but those are some serious deep pockets being mentioned.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Robert Sarver has the power to sell the team in full as the managing partner.

This is exactly what I was wondering, and it makes sense. This is why I said a new owner is either going to buy it outright or want to form their own ownership group.

Fumats20

Veteran
Reaction score
Gotta imagine there was a ton of internal pressure here we’ll never heard about.

I think when the players union said we represent all players that Jones had a talk with the team players and asked well how do you feel.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave