Week 2 2022: Heroes and Goats

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
As I said, the defense conceded maybe 6 points more than most fans would be comfortable with at half time. Had it been 14 zip, or even 17 zip then I don't think you would be saying the same thing.

It also ignores the fact that one of the reason they scored 20 was because they had so much of the ball, because our offense sucked.

I'm not sure where you're getting this O line stuff from. The only thread at all was Crosby. Chandler was owned all game and their interior did nothing. Not a single Raiders interior lineman recorded a pressure, hurry or knockdown.

In 49 passing attempts Kyler was pressured 4 times by Crosby and sacked once. 2 pressures from CJ. 6 total pressures outside those 2 all from blitzes. Sacked once on 49 drop backs.
Yeah, okay. I watched multiple inside rushers in KM's face more than a few times in the first half. But, sure, that didn't happen lol

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But Tom Brady, Joe Burrow and Russ Wilson were all garbage in week 2.
Garbage? So would you say that Burrow, who was 24-36-199 with 1 TD and 0 INTs was a goat in the Bengals loss? Was Brady (18-34-190, 1 TD, 0 INT) a goat in the Buccaneers' win? Brady's team was shut out in the 1st half and only managed a FG in the 3rd quarter and 20 points total.

Point is... it's a bit disingenuous to use these stats and player comparisons to support an argument that Murray was a goat in the Cards' win.

....dave

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, okay. I watched multiple inside rushers in KM's face more than a few times in the first half. But, sure, that didn't happen lol

Glad you accept it didn't happen.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Garbage? So would you say that Burrow, who was 24-36-199 with 1 TD and 0 INTs was a goat in the Bengals loss? Was Brady (18-34-190, 1 TD, 0 INT) a goat in the Buccaneers' win? Brady's team was shut out in the 1st half and only managed a FG in the 3rd quarter and 20 points total.

Point is... it's a bit disingenuous to use these stats and player comparisons to support an argument that Murray was a goat in the Cards' win.

....dave

I mean, both had sub 200 yards passing so yeah?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Byron Murphy EXPOSING His Tactics on Covering Davante Adams​

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Murphy played well, not going to take that away. But also there are reps here where Adams would have been open has Carr passed it his way. Carr just sucked.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I took a baseball bat to you and left you a bloody heap on the floor. But then cleaned you up, bandaged you, put your leg in a splint and dropped you off at Emergency. Which of the two things would be at the forefront of your mind?
You know that isn't nearly the same thing. Nice try though.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You know that isn't nearly the same thing. Nice try though.

No it's not nearly the same thing, because it's an analogy.

But it is similar enough to make the point as to why I'm not predisposed to praising our top 3 paid QB for digging us out of a hole he created when he was garbage through 7 of 8 quarters of the season.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No it's not nearly the same thing, because it's an analogy.

But it is similar enough to make the point as to why I'm not predisposed to praising our top 3 paid QB for digging us out of a hole he created when he was garbage through 7 of 8 quarters of the season.
It is a terrible way to make your point though. It's like complaining about free ice cream that didn't have the toppings you wanted.

See, I can make an analogy that really doesn't add much to the conversation too...

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
These are just facts. In the second half and overtime, Kyler was 26/40 passing (65%) for 231 yards (5.76 YPA) and a 47.5% success rate.

Greatest game ever. Kyler Gabbert showed up on scheduled when we were down 20-0 and Vance Joseph and the defense put the lock on.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are just facts. In the second half and overtime, Kyler was 26/40 passing (65%) for 231 yards (5.76 YPA) and a 47.5% success rate.

Greatest game ever. Kyler Gabbert showed up on scheduled when we were down 20-0 and Vance Joseph and the defense put the lock on.
Facts don't tell the entire story. You left out his rushing stats on purpose. Same with the 3rd and 4th down conversion rate.

But hey, you can keep beating this biased Kyler drum all you want I suppose.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Facts don't tell the entire story. You left out his rushing stats on purpose. Same with the 3rd and 4th down conversion rate.

But hey, you can keep beating this biased Kyler drum all you want I suppose.
I didn't track them because I'm making my point. If you want to count and post those stats, then go ahead. I'm offering facts and you're offering ***vibes***.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

....dave
Well, Joe Burrow was also sacked six times. Kyler was sacked one time. I would say that Joe Burrow would tell you that he didn't play well enough to win.

I'd say Tom Brady was fairly butt in his game, but not as butt as Leo Fournette, who only rand for one first down and was stuffed seven times. I'd say he was the biggest goat on the offense.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that Byron Murphy's touchdown won the game. #actualfacts.

Saying Kyler Gabbert won the game is the ultimate ***vibes*** analysis.
Jesus, you are being obtuse on purpose. There were a lot more than one play in the entire game.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that Byron Murphy's touchdown won the game. #actualfacts.

Saying Kyler Gabbert won the game is the ultimate ***vibes*** analysis

It was a team effort to come back from 20 down.

The defense had to make stops or it was all moot.

The offense had to score points (OL Blocking, WRs/TEs/RBs converting 1st downs, Kyler leading/making plays) or it was all moot.

That's the Fact Jack.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It was a team effort to come back from 20 down.

The defense had to make stops or it was all moot.

The offense had to score points (OL Blocking, WRs/TEs/RBs converting 1st downs, Kyler leading/making plays) or it was all moot.

That's the Fact Jack.
Yes, but Vance Joseph's defense completed the comeback by scoring points in overtime when the offense (OL blocking, WRs/TEs/RBs converting first downs, Kyler leading/making plays) couldn't convert a 4th and 1 on the edge of field goal range.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, but Vance Joseph's defense completed the comeback by scoring points in overtime when the offense (OL blocking, WRs/TEs/RBs converting first downs, Kyler leading/making plays) couldn't convert a 4th and 1 on the edge of field goal range.
And you’re going to blame Kyler for a perfectly placed pass that Brown dropped? They didn’t stall because of Kyler. They stalled because Brown dropped the ball.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
A player jarring a ball lose resulted in the winning score. "VJ's defense" was being sliced through like butter until one player made a big hit. If you want to go there, Isaiah Simmons won the game.
VJs defense allowed the same amount of points that Kyler's offense was able to score. Holding them to the same standard is hilarious because one unit has a 250 mil franchise QB and the other is a band of misfit toys.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave