Robert Sarver is in Big Trouble (ANNOUNCES SALE PROCESS)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By the way, Suns vice chairman and co-owner Jahm Najafi open letter just had all the wind knocked out of its sail. It's non-consequential now that it's been revealed that he funded saving Paula Dean's career. Makes him look like a hypocrite out to get Sarver. It actually may do the opposite and help his case.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
By the way, Suns vice chairman and co-owner Jahm Najafi open letter just had all the wind knocked out of its sail. It's non-consequential now that it's been revealed that he funded saving Paula Dean's career. Makes him look like a hypocrite out to get Sarver. It actually may do the opposite and help his case.

You can't become a billionaire without also being crooked in some way.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

In regard to racial discrimination and use of the N-word this sounds worse than anything we know about Sarver.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't see any chance he survives this. How much damage does he do before accepting that inevitability? I don't know.

Hopefully the players make more of a stink and more sponsors pull back, that will end his ownership very quickly, when the other owners see their financial stake circling the drain, they will force him out. But if he rides out the next year, with turmoil throughout the season that I have no doubt ruins our contention, then "returns" next Summer... his return no doubt ACTUALLY forcing the issue as the Suns find themselves unable to sign anyone and Sarver getting mercilessly booed and heckled at every public appearance... that will suck.

He might try to ride out the suspension, but I think the ugliness will get worse as he attempts to become the public face again and is met with revulsion on all fronts.

I am actually rather shocked the other owners have not made a larger effort to oust him... it is probably a sign that the Suns have quietly been massively profitable during his incompetent, penny pinching, reign.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Things are actually moving pretty slow. Media has damned him BUT anyone with any type of authority (NBAPA, other owners, sponsors) haven't said much in definitive terms that Sarver needs to be removed. And NBA players, i've only heard of LeBron and CP3 speak up about the matter. Even on social media i see a good percentage of fans not calling for his head or even having an outrage against Sarver.

Paypal did put a strong statement out but not strong enough. And the other sponsors have been pretty quiet on this. Also AZ as state is racist imo, whereas CA/LA Clippers are more progressive towards these issues. Not to mention LA is more visible to the media and the nation.

Even the Suns organization has shown support for Sarver. There must be a few of hush hush payments ie NDA's out there. Sarver has been less visible in recent years, and will now have to remain in the shadows. The dominos aren't falling, honestly I think he stays.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Things are actually moving pretty slow. Media has damned him BUT anyone with any type of authority (NBAPA, other owners, sponsors) haven't said much in definitive terms that Sarver needs to be removed. And NBA players, i've only heard of LeBron and CP3 speak up about the matter. Even on social media i see a good percentage of fans not calling for his head or even having an outrage against Sarver.

Paypal did put a strong statement out but not strong enough. And the other sponsors have been pretty quiet on this. Also AZ as state is racist imo, whereas CA/LA Clippers are more progressive towards these issues. Not to mention LA is more visible to the media and the nation.

Even the Suns organization has shown support for Sarver. There must be a few of hush hush payments ie NDA's out there. Sarver has been less visible in recent years, and will now have to remain in the shadows. The dominos aren't falling, honestly I think he stays.
The NPPA did. They said they don't want him back. There is not much they can do aside from threaten to boycott playing the Suns. I think they are also letting this playout to see if Sarver comes back. If anything happens this is going to move slowly with everyone knowing Sarver has a year.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Draymond Green speaks out.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESPN Daily has a podcast on Spotify.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Baxter Holmes and ESPN is writing about Draymond Green's comments.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Baxter Holmes and ESPN is writing about Draymond Green's comments.

Why is it we get Draymond Green and Jahm Najafi being the loudest voices? Not much clout carried by either.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why is it we get Draymond Green and Jahm Najafi being the loudest voices? Not much clout carried by either.

I’m had someone is keeping the conversation alive. I wish it were someone other than draymond.

I think there is a strategy to it. Let's see if some more momentum grows first.

The Suns players will show their cards soon enough come media day and training camp.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Suns players will show their cards soon enough come media day and training camp.
From Draymond? He is a clown.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I would guess they are meeting together and deciding what to do. They all have personal relationship with Sarver. I would be more curious to hear their experiential perspective than their opinion in the findings. Did they hear any of this themselves? Did they see it? Did they hear employees talk about it?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would guess they are meeting together and deciding what to do. They all have personal relationship with Sarver. I would be more curious to hear their experiential perspective than their opinion in the findings. Did they hear any of this themselves? Did they see it? Did they hear employees talk about it?

I think if the current Suns players, James Jones and Monty Williams saw any of this going on, we would have heard about it.

We did hear from Chris Paul.

Monty Williams said something to the effect he wouldn't be here if any of this were going on.

Maybe there is more to come from within. I don't know.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave