Chandler Jones to the Raiders

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Disagree.
Keim played that one exactly right.
Jones was having a totally non productive **** year, then got injured and missed the rest of the 2020 season...
He starts 2021 like a boss with the best game of his career then proceeds to basically disappear for a month...
At neither point would chandler Jones have drawn greater compensation than the compensatory pick we will get for him signing elsewhere.
At the 2021 trade deadline dude had what? 6 sacks in the past two seasons combined?
He got some hurries and such but he wasn't closing the deal anymore...you want 8 or 10 sacks with a dozen hurries you pay Marcus Golden 8mil...you don't pay Chan Jones 18

He will see lots of single coverage playing across from crosby....Crosby.... I'll honestly be very surprised if he gets 12 sacks with all that single coverage
Guessing more like 7
I dont think we get a comp pick for him, someone mentioned something about a rule where you doent get comp picks for players with 10+ yrs in the league

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I dont think we get a comp pick for him, someone mentioned something about a rule where you doent get comp picks for players with 10+ yrs in the league
That may be the case.

Either way... imo it was better to get what he had left instead of what little he would have brought in a trade.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
U can
U can't just get a third cause of him being 10+ years veteran
We should get a fifth based on his contract unless we sign someone in the next month with a similar contract

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Disagree.
Keim played that one exactly right.
Jones was having a totally non productive **** year, then got injured and missed the rest of the 2020 season...
He starts 2021 like a boss with the best game of his career then proceeds to basically disappear for a month...
At neither point would chandler Jones have drawn greater compensation than the compensatory pick we will get for him signing elsewhere.
At the 2021 trade deadline dude had what? 6 sacks in the past two seasons combined?
He got some hurries and such but he wasn't closing the deal anymore...you want 8 or 10 sacks with a dozen hurries you pay Marcus Golden 8mil...you don't pay Chan Jones 18

He will see lots of single coverage playing across from crosby....Crosby.... I'll honestly be very surprised if he gets 12 sacks with all that single coverage
Guessing more like 7

Disagree. He had several teams interested in him and got paid $17m per on a multi year deal after a season where outside the first game he had 5 sacks in 16 games.

Teams absolutely would have traded at least a 3rd for him. Probably could have got a 3rd and a 5th at least.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

We do. It's a 5th. 5th is the max for a 10 year vet.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Disagree. He had several teams interested in him and got paid $17m per on a multi year deal after a season where outside the first game he had 5 sacks in 16 games.

Teams absolutely would have traded at least a 3rd for him. Probably could have got a 3rd and a 5th at least.
your looking at the season as a whole... not what he was by the trade deadline

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
your looking at the season as a whole... not what he was by the trade deadline

Well he was better at the trade deadline so that only strengthens my case. But we were never trading him on a winning streak. The time to trade him was in the offseason. A bicep injury is common and not a future concern so I don't think it would have effected his value.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The franchise tag is 1/$17m compared to the 3/$51 he got from Vegas. I tag him in hindsight. If the heavy decline was real then he’s not our problem beyond this season.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Jones held Sackless in 2 games:

I love Chandler Jones and everything that he brought to the Cardinals. However it was time to move on from him especially at the price tag that he signed for at this stage in his career. The Raider will regret this signing as Jones skillset continues to deteriorate.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Jones held Sackless in 2 games:

I love Chandler Jones and everything that he brought to the Cardinals. However it was time to move on from him especially at the price tag that he signed for at this stage in his career. The Raider will regret this signing as Jones skillset continues to deteriorate.

I wonder it seemed like the Cards moved him around right or left trying to turn him loose. The Raiders it's Crosby on the left, jones on the right so he was going against Hump most of the game except when Hump was injured.

But he definitely wasn't a factor yesterday.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
At this point? JPP is sitting at home.

Back when we could have created cap room? Reddick is the obvious choice but also Randy Gregory.

Well, there may be some sound reasoning behind why JPP is sitting at home.

Reddick is an eastern guy and got a good deal in Philly at $15m per year, $45m over three years.

Gregory, who produced six sacks in 2021 and 16.5 over his career, got five years and $70m from Denver. Too rich for my tastes.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson