Quick Prediction

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
In my preseason forecast I thought the Cards would take the Niners. With Lance out for the season those games look more likely to be split at best.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Second half Cards of today will smash the Jimmy G 9ers... Outside of that? Who the hell knows..

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I listen to Chris Long’s Podcast and agree with him that Jimmy Garoppolo is a better QB than Trey Lance. Garoppolo was smart to stay and have a clause to have right to approve any potential trade. Niners are far more challenging to face with Jimmy G as opposed to Trey Lance. That being said, this division does not appear to be nearly as strong as I thought it would be at the start of the season.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I listen to Chris Long’s Podcast and agree with him that Jimmy Garoppolo is a better QB than Trey Lance. Garoppolo was smart to stay and have a clause to have right to approve any potential trade. Niners are far more challenging to face with Jimmy G as opposed to Trey Lance. That being said, this division does not appear to be nearly as strong as I thought it would be at the start of the season.

At one point they showed a graphic with Lance in they were 80% run 20 pass, with Jimmy G it was like 10 runs 13 passes.

The balance is a big part of their offense. That run game is terrific but if everyone knows you're going to run it, it's not as good.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Deep down, I think we are a disorganized fb team who didn,t deserve to win, but are #1 in the grit dept. No way we should have won that game…but I’ll take it…

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was only 2 seconds from right.
Just to be clear, I wasn't mocking your prediction of a loss vs. the Raiders, just noting that changing your prediction of a sweep vs the 49ers to a split is balanced out by the win vs. the Raiders, so the net result is a wash.

...dave